This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites are tender and full of flavor. They’re so easy to make, and you can also use affordable cuts of steak!
Imagine juicy and tender steak bites in a rich garlicky and buttery sauce…Seriously, it doesn’t get any better than that!
Let me introduce you to Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites, where each perfectly cooked piece is so full of flavor, you wouldn’t believe how easy it is to throw this dish together!
If you love steak but hate the prep work and clean-up from searing it in the pan and finishing in the oven, consider this pressure cooker steak bite recipe.
Everything is done in the Instant Pot, from caramelizing our New York strip steak cubes to pressure cooking them in a quick and easy garlic butter sauce.
And best of all? You can use affordable cuts of meat, and they’ll still be delicious and tender in the Instant Pot! 🤤
What Are Instant Pot Garlic Butter Steak Bites?
Instant Pot steak bites are cuts of steak that are pressure cooked until juicy and tender in the Instant Pot. With this clever method, you don’t have to worry about overcooking beef and getting dry and tasteless steak.
This particular recipe also features an easy garlic butter sauce that will surely make your taste buds happy.
Its rich, deep flavor comes from the brown bits left in the pan (or, in this case, Instant Pot) after searing the steak cubes.
No need to set up a grill, get the skillet, or preheat the oven, as everything for this Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites recipe is done in the Instant Pot!
This is truly one of the best steak recipes if you’re craving tender steak but want it fast and effortless, especially on busy weeknights.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Cooking steak bites in Instant Pot is a game changer. You’ll love these pressure cooker steak bites because they’re:
- Quick and Easy: You only need simple ingredients and less than an hour to savor these garlic butter steak bites. This is the perfect recipe when you want steak but don’t have the time to prepare the grill, stove, or oven!
- Versatile: Make these tasty steak bites for any occasion! Pair them with different foods and enjoy them as the main dish or appetizer. I’ve given some mouthwatering pairing ideas below.
- Adaptable: Feel free to use whatever steak cut you have and let Instant Pot do its magic. You can even tailor this recipe to your diet and make it as healthy as possible!
What Do Instant Pot Steak Bites Taste Like?
These garlic butter steak bites taste delicious, so it’s definitely a dangerous thing that they’re cut into bite-sized pieces! 😂
I suggest using New York strip steak for its marbling. Partner the meat’s naturally rich flavor with high-pressure cooking using the Instant Pot, and you’ll get the most amazing steak bites!
And, of course, the steak bite’s highlight is the buttery, garlicky goodness of the sauce.
After caramelizing the steak bites, we’ll quickly whip up the sauce using beef stock, butter, some simple seasonings, and the secret ingredient: fond.
The fond are the flavorful morsels left after searing the steak bites. Scrape these brown bits with a wooden spoon as you add the stock, butter, and seasonings, and you’re golden.
Are Pressure Cooker Steak Bites Healthy?
These Instant Pot steak bites are a good source of protein, as expected from beef. However, you should still watch your portion sizes to limit your intake of saturated fats.
The good news with these delicious steak bites is they can easily pair with other dishes to create a wholesome meal for the entire family.
For example, instead of serving your garlic butter steak bites with high-carb sides like rice or noodles, why not choose the healthier cauliflower rice? They’re also perfect with something light and nutritious, like a vegetable salad!
Speaking of salad, are you bored of the usual salad recipes? Here’s a tasty and colorful salad all the way from Nigeria:
What Are The Benefits Of Cooking Steak Bites In Instant Pot?
Pressure cooker steak bites relieve the “pressure” from making steak at home.
It can be intimidating to cook steak because you need to time everything perfectly, or you won’t get the most out of your meat cut. Who would want a gray steak that’s too tough to chew?
Thanks to the Instant Pot, your steak bites will be juicy and tender, even as a novice cook! You don’t need to worry about wasting an expensive cut of steak.
You’ll also be doing everything in the Instant Pot, so you’re not left with a ton of dishes to wash after making the dish.
It’s the perfect main dish when you’re short on time and patience. 😉
Ingredients For Instant Pot Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Strip steak – Feel free to use your favorite steak for these Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites, but the rich and deep flavor of strip steak is just perfect with our garlic butter sauce.
- Unsalted butter – We’re using unsalted butter, so it’ll be easier to adjust the taste of the sauce.
- Garlic – Please use actual garlic for this recipe. Garlic powder simply can’t compete with freshly minced garlic.
- Beef broth – We’ll pressure cook our steak cubes in a garlicky butter sauce with beef broth as its base.
- Salt – Season your garlic butter steak to taste.
- Ground black pepper – We’re keeping our seasonings simple for these Instant Pot steak bites, but you can always use your favorite steak seasoning.
- Fresh parsley – For a pop of color and flavor before serving our juicy steak pieces.
Tools Needed To Prepare Instant Pot Steak Bites
- Instant Pot for cooking the steak bites
- Paper towels for patting the steak cubes dry
- Wooden spoon for scraping the brown bits after searing the meat
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Garlic Butter Steak Bites
New York strip steaks
Instant Pot potatoes and gravy
And for a quick gravy, just mix the steak juices with a slurry made from some cornstarch and water.
How to Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 2 lbs strip steak cut into cubes
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites.
STEP 2: Select the Saute function on your Instant Pot and heat it for 5 minutes.
STEP 3: To get the perfect sear, don’t forget to pat the steak cubes dry with paper towels before seasoning them.
STEP 4: Melt half of the butter in the pre-heated Instant Pot.
STEP 5: Sear the steak cubes for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the steak cubes to a plate.
STEP 6: Pour the beef broth into the Instant Pot and scrape up the fond or the tasty brown bits left at the bottom from searing the steak cubes.
STEP 7: Add the remaining butter, minced garlic, seared steak cubes, and pepper to the Instant Pot.
STEP 8: Secure the lid and select Sealing. Cook the garlic butter steak bites for 10 minutes at High Pressure.
STEP 9: Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release the remaining pressure manually.
STEP 10: Turn your Instant Pot off and remove the lid. Garnish with chopped parsley, and your Instant Pot garlic butter steak is ready to serve!
What to Serve with Steak Bites
These perfectly tender, buttery, and garlicky steak bites can be served with just about anything from mashed potatoes, noodles, rice, and tortillas.
If you want something lighter, steak bites are delicious with roasted asparagus or arugula salad.
And for those thinking of serving these easy Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites as appetizers, try them with coleslaw or chimichurri, and I promise your guests will love you!
Yep, you can easily recreate the long-lost pasta dish from Olive Garden and the cheesy crispy potatoes that went viral on TikTok!
Tips About Making Instant Pot Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Here are some additional tips to help you nail these Instant Pot steak bites perfectly:
- If you don’t have New York strip steaks, other delicious meat options are flank steak, chuck roast, or even the tough brisket, as long as you cut it into smaller pieces so it tenderizes faster. You can also use the more budget-friendly stew meat, but if frozen, remember to add five more minutes to the cooking time.
- Never overcrowd your steak bites in the Instant Pot. Sear them in batches so you can caramelize them to perfection.
- Pat your steak cubes dry before searing. Otherwise, the moisture can lead to steaming, and you’ll end up with gray meat!
How To Store Steak Bites
Make these Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites in advance, or enjoy the leftovers with these storage tips:
- Fridge: Transfer the steak bites to an airtight container, and they should keep well in the fridge for 4 days. Don’t forget to also store the leftover sauce.
- Freezer: You can freeze your garlic butter steak bites for up to 2 months. Just thaw them overnight before reheating.
- Reheating: I suggest reheating your leftover steak bites in the skillet with the leftover sauce so they won’t dry out.
Can I Use Stew Meat for Steak Bites?
You can also make this Instant Pot steak bites recipe with stew meat. But if you’re using frozen meat, extend the cooking time to get the perfect tender texture.
How to Cut Steak into Cubes?
These garlic butter steak bites are best with 1-inch cubes. Now, to cut your steak, remember to use a sharp knife and remove any excess fat.
Then, slice the meat into strips, working against the grain. Cut the strips into cubes, and you’re done!
FAQ About Instant Pot Steak Bites
What kind of steak for steak bites?
Strip steak is perfect for steak bites. You can also use sirloin steak.
How long to cook beef cubes on stove?
You can make these juicy steak bites on the stove using a skillet! The cooking time can take 10 minutes, depending on the size of the cubes and how many you can cook in the skillet.
How long to cook steak in slow cooker?
Cooking steak in the slow cooker can take 3 to 8 hours, depending on the recipe.
What to make with steak bites?
Can you fry beef stew meat?
You can fry stew meat to get crispy, tender beef. The secret is slow-frying the meat over low heat. Serve it with nachos, steamed greens, or coleslaw and buns!
- Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites.
- Select the Saute function on your Instant Pot and heat it for 5 minutes.
- To get the perfect sear, don't forget to pat the steak cubes dry with paper towels before seasoning them with salt.
- Melt half of the butter in the pre-heated Instant Pot.
- Sear the steak cubes for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the steak cubes to a plate.
- Pour the beef broth into the Instant Pot and scrape up the fond or the tasty brown bits left at the bottom from searing the steak cubes.
- Add the remaining butter, minced garlic, seared steak cubes, and pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and select Sealing. Cook the garlic butter steak bites for 10 minutes at High Pressure.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release the remaining pressure manually.
- Turn your Instant Pot off and remove the lid. Garnish with chopped parsley, and your Instant Pot garlic butter steak is ready to serve!
- I've used New York strip steaks for this Instant Pot steak recipe, but you can also use other cuts like flank steak, chuck roast, stew meat, or even brisket. If you're using frozen stew meat, add five more minutes to the cooking time. And for tough cuts like briskets, cut the meat into smaller cubes so it tenderizes faster.
- Depending on the size of your Instant Pot and steak cubes, divide the butter and sear the meat in batches. Your steak cubes will not brown properly if they're overcrowded.
- Make sure that your steak cubes are dry before searing in the Instant Pot, so they caramelize perfectly and won't steam. The last thing you want is to get gray steak cubes!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 909Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 91g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Satisfy your cravings for tender steak with this easy Instant Pot garlic butter steak bites recipe.
Each juicy piece is packed with the tried and tested delicious combination of garlic and butter.
You won’t need to take out the pan and preheat the oven because everything is done in the Instant Pot!
Enjoy these Instant Pot steak bites with noodles, rice, salads, or any sauce for an instant mood boost. 😉
There are so many delicious recipes you can make with the Instant Pot. From appetizers, main dishes to even desserts, the handy multicooker got you.
Try our favorite instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe (Starbucks Copycat)
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice For The Lazy
- Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- Must-Try Instant Pot Cheesecake Bites
- Delicious Instant Pot Brownie Bites Recipe
PIN FOR LATER!