This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These easy Instant Pot egg bites are perfect for a quick breakfast. Imagine Starbucks sous vide egg bites but customizable and at a fraction of the cost!
If you love the sous vide egg bites at Starbucks, you can forget the long lines and savor the fluffy breakfast egg bites without breaking the bank with these Instant Pot egg bites!
Making egg bites in Instant Pot is incredibly easy thanks to egg bites mold.
The fluffy, bite-sized umami spheres are perfect as breakfast on the go, party appetizers, or even snacks for your next road trip.
And the best part? Once you get the base recipe for the pressure cooker egg bites, the sky is the limit with the fillings and flavor combinations!
What Are Instant Pot Egg Bites?
Instant Pot egg bites are inspired by the sous vide egg bites from Starbucks.
If you haven’t had egg bites before, they’re basically bite-sized frittatas cooked using the sous vide technique, so they’re velvety and just a pleasure to eat.
It’s the perfect texture for something savory and meaty, especially if you’re bored with the usual fried eggs.
However, Starbucks only offers a few choices for their sous vide egg bites, and let’s face it, when you visit Starbucks, you’ll likely order other things. Try this egg bites Instant Pot recipe instead, and your wallet will thank you! 😂
These quick and easy Instant Pot sous vide egg bites are light, fluffy, and super addictive. It’s a dangerous thing that their size and shape are perfect for picking.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This is your sign to get an egg bites mold and make pressure cooker egg bites. Would you want to miss out on something that is:
- Quick and Easy: To give you a quick rundown of this Instant Pot egg bites recipe, you only need to mix the ingredients, pour it in the mold, and the Instant Pot will do the rest. It’s that simple!
- Budget-Friendly: Whether for breakfast, appetizer, or snack, you won’t break the bank with these egg bites. I bet the simple ingredients needed in this recipe for egg bites are already in your pantry!
- Customizable: The best thing about making egg bites in Instant Pot is the flavor variety! Use different types of cheese, meats, veggies, and spices, whichever your taste buds desire.
What Do Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites Taste Like?
Instant Pot sous vide egg bites are beloved because they take regular meat and cheese-filled eggs to the next level.
The cute and fluffy bite-sized “egg muffins” are packed with umami goodness, and you’ll never get bored with their flavor because you can mix and match different fillings and spices.
The base egg bites Instant Pot recipe of eggs, cottage cheese, and seasonings is actually good on its own, even without fillings. Cooking the egg bites in Instant Pot is also genius because the eggs come out perfectly light and fluffy without needing a sous vide machine.
However, the star ingredient of these tender and flavorful copycat Starbucks egg bites is cottage cheese. 😋
Are Pressure Cooker Egg Bites Healthy?
Cooking egg bites in Instant Pot is a healthy way to savor eggs, meat, and cheese!
For one, you’re not frying the eggs in oil, so you’re not increasing the dish’s fat content.
And because these pressure cooker egg bites are simple and customizable, you can pick the best fillings that won’t derail your fitness journey!
Now, let’s talk about the base ingredients: eggs and cottage cheese. Combining the two creates a protein-packed breakfast. It’s a great way to start the day, don’t you think?
Protein is excellent for keeping you full and curbing unhealthy cravings.
And speaking of high-protein meals, have you tried a protein-packed dessert?
What if I told you that you can enjoy a slice of cheesecake and reap the benefits of protein? Here’s our protein strawberry cheesecake, and thank me later. 🍰
What Are The Benefits Of This Egg Bites Instant Pot Recipe?
So why bother making Instant Pot sous vide egg bites? Isn’t it much faster to just whisk eggs and other random ingredients and then fry the mixture in a pan?
I have also thought of that, but once you try these fluffy, savory, meaty egg bites, you might skip the usual thin frittatas for a while.
Instant Pot egg bites are even a tasty way to sneak more veggies into your diet! I think they make a fantastic breakfast idea for picky kids. 🤔
And even if you need to buy egg bite molds for these pressure cooker egg bites, you’ll still have many uses for them. For example, make desserts in Instant Pot!
Ingredients For Instant Pot Starbucks Egg Bites
- Eggs – Make sure your eggs are at room temperature for easier mixing.
- Cottage cheese – The key ingredient for the best-tasting and creamy egg bites!
- Salt – Feel free to adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Black pepper – You can use different spices and seasonings for your Instant Pot egg bites, but salt and ground black pepper is a tried and tested combo that can easily pair with different fillings. 🤤
- Sauteed mushrooms – The egg bites add-ins are up to you, but umami mushrooms and cheese are just heavenly with the fluffy and creamy egg bites.
- Swiss cheese – These pressure cooker egg bites can be made with any of your favorite cheese.
Tools Needed To Prepare This Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe
- Food processor for mixing the eggs and other ingredients smoothly
- Instant Pot for cooking the egg bites
- Silicone egg molds for making egg bites in Instant Pot
- Aluminum foil for covering the silicone mold if it doesn’t have a lid
- Whisk for mixing the ingredients
- Bowl for combining the egg bite ingredients
- Knife for slicing the ingredients
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Egg Bites in Instant Pot
Bacon and Gruyere
The best thing about making Instant Pot sous vide egg bites at home is you can mix and match different fillings. If you want breakfast egg bites, you’ll love the combo of crisped bacon bits and gruyere!
Parmesan and veggies
If you want your copycat Starbucks egg bites rich and creamy, add a few tablespoons of sour cream to the egg mixture! You can also mix and match different types of cheese.
How to Make Egg Bites in Instant Pot
- 4 pcs eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup sauteed mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot egg bites.
STEP 2: Blend the eggs, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, salt, and pepper.
STEP 3: Distribute the sauteed mushroom in the silicone mold cups evenly.
STEP 4: Pour the egg mixture into the silicone mold cups up to three-quarters full.
STEP 5: Cover the egg bites mold with its lid or foil.
STEP 6: Add water to the Instant Pot. Use the minimum amount for the Instant Pot you’re using.
STEP 7: Place the mold on the trivet. Lower them into the Instant Pot.
STEP 8: Secure the lid and make sure to select Sealing. Cook the egg bites for 8 to 9 minutes at high pressure.
STEP 9: Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then release the remaining pressure manually.
STEP 10: Take out the mold from the Instant Pot and remove the cover. Allow the egg bites to cool in the mold for about 5 minutes.
STEP 11: Turn the mold onto a plate to remove the egg bites. Serve and enjoy! I also garnished them with chives for a pop of color and additional texture and flavor.
What To Serve With Egg Bites
Serve your copycat Instant Pot Starbucks egg bites with your favorite morning items like breakfast sausage, bacon slices, French toast, or waffles!
Personally, I like my breakfast light, so I’m happy having my egg bites with just a cup of coffee. ☕
But if you want a breakfast platter full of delicious morsels that you can pick with your fingers, use the same egg bites mold to make pancakes and banana bread!
These delicious Instant Pot goodies are perfect for grab-and-go on busy mornings!
Tips About Making Egg Bites in Instant Pot
This Instant Pot egg bites recipe is foolproof, but you might like these additional tips:
- Want to make these egg bites for a crowd? You can easily use this recipe to make a double batch! Just stack two molds and use the same cooking time.
- To save on prep time, stir the add-ins into the egg mixture instead of doing the additional step of distributing the fillings to the silicone mold cups before pouring the egg mixture.
- The egg bites mold cups are quite small, and the egg bites will rise during cooking. Therefore, avoid using too much filling in the egg mixture, and don’t overfill the mold cups.
How To Store Egg Bites
You can store leftovers or make these pressure cooker egg bites as delicious make-ahead breakfast.
- Fridge: Transfer the cooled egg bites to an airtight container. Store them in the fridge for up to 3 days for the best experience.
- Freezer: You can store these egg bites in a freezer-safe container for longer storage in the freezer. I suggest using them within 2 months.
- Reheating: The easiest way to reheat the leftover egg bites without running their fluffy texture is in the microwave for around 60 seconds at 50% power.
Why Are My Egg Bites Soggy?
If your Instant Pot egg bites turn out soggy, it’s probably from the condensation during cooking. This is why it’s crucial to cover the silicone molds with their lids, or if your egg bites molds don’t come with lids, just cover the mold with aluminum foil.
How Do You Use a Silicone Egg Holder in an Instant Pot?
Did you know that there’s an Instant Pot accessory that can make boiling eggs even easier?
Just pour water into the Instant Pot and place the silicone egg rack inside. Then, arrange the eggs on top of the rack, and secure the lid.
Set the pressure release to Sealing, use the Steam setting, and cook the eggs at high pressure for 5 minutes.
But if you want an even easier way to make perfectly boiled eggs, you only need an air fryer. I’m sure you already own an air fryer, but have you ever tried making air fryer soft-boiled eggs?
How Long to Cook Egg Bites in Instant Pot
To get perfectly light and fluffy egg bites in Instant Pot, cook them for 8 to 9 minutes at high pressure.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot Egg Bites?
Yes! You can definitely freeze your pressure cooker egg bites. Just allow them to cool, transfer them to a freezer-safe container, and consume them within 2 to 3 months.
FAQ About Egg Bites
Can you use any silicone mold in Instant Pot?
Why are my egg bites so watery?
Your egg bites can come out watery if they’re undercooked. To fix this, just put them back in the Instant Pot and steam for a few more minutes.
How do you make egg bites without sticking?
Using a non-stick silicone mold will prevent your egg bites from sticking. Some also recommend greasing the mold with a non-stick cooking spray.
Can you make egg bites without a silicone mold?
It’s possible to make cottage cheese egg bites without a silicone mold or an electric pressure cooker like an Instant Pot. Instead, use an oven preheated to 275°F and cook the egg mixture in a muffin pan!
Can you make Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese?
If you don’t like or don’t have cottage cheese, you can still make Instant Pot egg bites. Simply substitute it with ricotta cheese or try our Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese recipe.
- Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot egg bites.
- Blend the eggs, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Distribute the sauteed mushroom in the silicone mold cups evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the silicone mold cups up to three-quarters full.
- Cover the egg bites mold with its lid or foil.
- Add water to the Instant Pot. Use the minimum amount for the Instant Pot you're using.
- Place the mold on the trivet. Lower them into the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and make sure to select Sealing. Cook the egg bites for 8 to 9 minutes at high pressure.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then release the remaining pressure manually.
- Take out the mold from the Instant Pot and remove the cover. Allow the egg bites to cool in the mold for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the mold onto a plate to remove the egg bites. Serve and enjoy!
- If you want to double this recipe, just stack two molds and use the same cooking time. And, of course, make sure both egg bites molds are covered with foil.
- You can also immediately add your choice of filling into the egg mixture to save on prep time.
- Avoid overfilling the silicone mold or using too much filling in the egg mixture. These Instant Pot egg bites will rise, and the mold cups are quite small!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Don’t limit yourself to boiled and fried eggs.
Make these light and fluffy Instant Pot egg bites and treat yourself to a protein-packed breakfast full of savory goodness in every piece!
These pressure cooker egg bites are inspired by Starbucks sous vide egg bites. However, they’re much more budget-friendly and making them is as fun as eating them.
Just combine the ingredients, pour the egg mixture into silicone egg bites molds, and wait 8 to 9 minutes as your Instant Pot cooks the egg bites for you.
Let me know what’s your favorite filling for your egg bites. And if you want more Instant Pot recipes, try these dishes next:
- Easy Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites Recipe
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Chicken Korma Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Sushi Rice
You can also reuse the silicone mold with these 8 Exceptionally Tasty Instant Pot Egg Bites Mold Recipes!
PIN FOR LATER!