This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
Try this easy TikTok ramen hack and elevate your instant ramen with just a few ingredients. This famous recipe is umami, slightly sweet, and ready in 6 minutes!
Do you want to take your instant ramen up a notch? Then, this famous TikTok ramen recipe is for you!
This viral ramen hack uses common ingredients to make a simple pack of instant noodles more delicious.
In just six minutes, you can enjoy a ramen noodle dish full of umami flavor, a hint of sweetness, and just the right kick from red pepper flakes.
We’ll also add a scrambled egg to this recipe, but you won’t be left with many dishes to wash because everything is cooked in a single pan!
What Is TikTok Ramen?
The viral TikTok ramen noodles is a recipe made from instant ramen noodles, eggs, butter, and common pantry ingredients. Unsurprisingly, it quickly became famous because it’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious.
The TikTok ramen hack uses instant noodles to cut on cooking time, but its rich umami flavor is not from the ramen seasoning that comes with the noodles.
Instead, the recipe uses butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, brown sugar, and Everything Bagel seasoning for its rich, salty, and slightly sweet taste with a bit of heat.
No ramen noodle dish is complete without eggs, so the viral ramen recipe also includes a scrambled egg cooked in the same pan.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
The TikTok ramen noodles are an instant hit because they’re delicious and incredibly easy.
Here are what to love from the viral ramen recipe proving that it’s a trend you don’t want to miss:
- Budget-Friendly but Filling: These TikTok ramen noodles are filling, tasty, and budget-friendly! It uses cheap ingredients like a pack of ramen noodles and seasonings that are likely already in your kitchen.
- Delicious and Easy: You only need a few simple ingredients to transform your instant noodles. Instead of the usual salty flavor, you’ll love the chewy noodles tossed in a slightly sweet and spicy umami sauce.
- Ready in 6 Minutes: If you don’t have the time to prepare a satisfying meal, this TikTok ramen hack will save the day! Everything only takes six minutes, and they are ready to enjoy.
What Does The Viral TikTok Ramen Recipe Taste Like?
So what do the viral TikTok ramen noodles taste like? Are they worth the hype?
I can confidently say that this viral ramen recipe is absolutely delicious! The creative food tastes umami and slightly sweet, but there is also some kick from the red pepper flakes.
Cooking the garlic with butter as the base for the sauce also makes a huge difference because of the rich and savory flavor it gives to the sauce.
The noodles are not overwhelmingly salty, and the texture of the eggs and green onions is also delightful.
You can top the freshly cooked TikTok ramen noodles with any seasoning you like, but I recommend using the Everything Bagel seasoning because of the toasty and savory notes it adds to the noodles.
Is The Viral TikTok Ramen Hack Healthy?
Like most food trends meant to satisfy the soul and tastebuds, the famous TikTok ramen recipe is not exactly nutritious.
However, it’s very filling, so it might help lessen the urge to have multiple unhealthy snacks throughout the day.
There’s nothing wrong with enjoying these quick ramen noodles occasionally, especially if you want something fast and cheap.
Just remember to eat them in moderation because having excess sodium in your diet is never good.
You can also make a healthier TikTok ramen recipe by adding vegetables and using low-calorie alternatives to butter and sugar.
What Are The Benefits Of The TikTok Ramen Recipe?
These TikTok ramen noodles are perfect for those on a budget or who are hungry and want something quick and filling.
What’s great about this simple recipe is it’s absolutely tasty even though it only needs common kitchen ingredients.
You get a complex mix of flavors – salty, umami, sweet, and spicy.
If you’re still unsatisfied, the adaptable ramen recipe can also be enjoyed with additional spices. Add your favorite meats and veggies, or mix in some leftovers from other meals.
Ingredients For TikTok Ramen Noodles
- Instant ramen – You can use any instant ramen you like because this TikTok ramen recipe will not use the seasoning packet. However, choose something with thick noodles, like those from Korean brands, for a more satisfying chewy bite.
- Garlic – Instantly elevate your instant noodles with fresh garlic. It makes the perfect savory base with butter for the sauce.
- Butter – Add richness and buttery goodness to the viral noodle recipe with butter. Unsalted butter would be better because we’re also adding other seasonings.
- Red pepper flakes – Use as many red pepper flakes as you want for your TikTok ramen. I personally love my ramen noodles extra spicy, so don’t be shy to tailor the viral recipe to your taste.
- Soy sauce– This will add saltiness to the TikTok ramen, but you can select a low-sodium soy sauce to manage the sodium content of the recipe. Soy sauce is also responsible for giving the noodles their mouthwatering dark color.
- Brown sugar – This TikTok ramen hack elevates your favorite noodles by adding depth to their flavor. Instead of just salty, you’re also getting some sweetness from the brown sugar.
- Egg – You can never go wrong with ramen noodles and an egg for protein. We’re cooking the scrambled egg on one side of the pan, so it soaks the delicious umami and sweet sauce while also saving you from needing to wash another pan.
- Mixed spices – You can use any mixed spices according to preference, but the savory flavors from garlic, onion, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and salt in the Everything Bagel spice mix just hit the spot in this ramen recipe.
- Green onion – Top your incredible ramen noodles with green onion slices before serving. They add a mild, sweet onion flavor to the umami goodness of the dish, and their crunch is satisfying with the chewy noodles.
Tools Needed To Prepare TikTok Ramen Noodles
- Pot with strainer lid for cooking the instant noodles al dente
- Frying pan for cooking the sauce and tossing everything together
- Kitchen spatula for mixing the ingredients
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For The TikTok Ramen Noodle Recipe
Are you looking for a brown sugar alternative to your TikTok ramen noodles? You can use honey and mix it in together with the soy sauce on the pan.
Add as much as you want to achieve your desired sweetness, but a teaspoon or two should be enough so it doesn’t overpower the other flavors.
Red pepper flakes
Swap the red pepper flakes with chili powder if you prefer a more complex spicy flavor. You can also do what I do and use both if you love spicy foods!
A wonderful addition you can add to this viral TikTok ramen noodle recipe is seaweed sheets. They make the perfect garnish, and their rich and salty flavor adds depth to the flavor of ramen noodles.
How to Make TikTok Ramen Noodles
- 1 pack of ramen
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- Green onion, sliced for garnish
Tools you need
STEP 1: Gather all the ingredients for the viral ramen noodle recipe.
STEP 2: Cook the ramen noodles according to package directions or al dente and drain.
STEP 3: Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the garlic until soft. Next, add the red pepper flakes to the garlic butter mixture and cook for about 2 minutes.
STEP 4: Dissolve the sugar into the soy sauce and pour the mixture into the pan.
STEP 5: Add the noodles and increase the heat. Toss everything together until they’re mixed well.
STEP 6: Push the noodles to one side and cook the egg in the same pan. Scramble for 2 to 3 minutes and mix into the pasta.
STEP 7: Season with spices and sliced green onions. Serve hot, and enjoy a bellyful of noodles!
What To Serve With TikTok Ramen Noodles
These TikTok ramen noodles are already tasty, so their best side dishes are simple with subtle flavors.
It would also be enjoyable to eat them with different textures.
You can pair the noodles with dumplings, crispy tofu, sauteed vegetables, or braised pork.
And since you’re already taking your regular ramen noodles to the next level, why not try other recipes you don’t usually have daily?
If you want something sweet, you can also try these orange crinkle cookies to cut through the savory flavors of ramen noodles.
Tips About Making The TikTok Ramen Recipe
It’s virtually impossible to make mistakes with this viral TikTok ramen recipe. However, you might like these tips for the best-tasting comfort food:
- Choose thick ramen noodles, not just for the texture, but they also won’t get soggy quickly when you cook them with the sauce. Korean noodles like Nong Shim are a crowd-favorite, and the big serving in one package of ramen is perfect for a quick lunch.
- To avoid overcooking your ramen noodles, boil them for a shorter period than what’s written on the package. Remember that after boiling, you’ll also cook the noodles in the sauce mixture for a few minutes.
- If you want a more aromatic ramen noodle, saute minced garlic, grated ginger, and sliced green onion instead of just using garlic and red pepper flakes as the base of your sauce.
How To Store TikTok Ramen Noodles
Got leftovers or extra ramen? It’s highly unlikely for you not to finish a serving of this viral ramen recipe, but here are some considerations if you need to store the cooked instant ramen noodles:
- Fridge: Transfer the leftover ramen noodles to an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: You can freeze the leftover TikTok ramen like other stir-fry noodles, but the taste and texture might no longer be appealing.
- Reheating: The microwave is the easiest way to reheat your leftover ramen noodles. Transfer them to a microwave-safe dish and heat them for a minute. Then, stir to break the noodles apart and heat at 20-second intervals.
Why Do My Ramen Noodles Get Soggy?
Timing is critical to avoid mushy noodles.
In this TikTok ramen recipe, you’ll also cook the boiled needles in the sauce, so you don’t need to follow the package cooking instructions to a tee.
From my experience, you can boil the needles for a minute or two shorter than what’s indicated in the package.
Then, immediately drain and rinse the cooked noodles under cold water.
How To Make Chewy Instant Ramen?
Ensuring you’re not overboiling the noodles before cooking them in the sauce is the secret to achieving the perfectly chewy instant ramen for this viral recipe.
I also discovered that you could put a tablespoon of baking soda in the pot when you boil the noodles.
This technique is used on semolina pasta to mimic the chewy chuukamen noodles!
FAQ About Instant Ramen Noodles
Can I make the TikTok ramen noodle recipe gluten-free?
How to make instant ramen low sodium?
How to make instant ramen healthy?
Since instant ramen lacks nutrients for a balanced meal, adding vegetables can make it healthier. Using healthier substitutes with fewer calories and sodium should also help.
- Gather all the ingredients for the viral ramen noodle recipe.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to package instructions or al dente and drain.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the garlic until soft. Next, add the red pepper flakes and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the sugar into the soy sauce and pour the mixture into the pan.
- Add the noodles and increase the heat. Toss everything together until they’re mixed well.
- Push the noodles to one side and cook the egg in the same pan. Scramble for 2 to 3 minutes and mix into the pasta.
- Season with spices and sliced green onions. Serve hot, and enjoy!
- You can use any instant ramen you want, but choose something with thicker noodles for the best texture.
- Do not overcook your instant ramen because it will cook more when you toss it into the pan. You can also cook the noodles at a slightly shorter time than what’s suggested in the package to avoid soggy noodles.
- Make a more aromatic base by sauteing minced garlic, grated ginger, and sliced green onion instead of just using garlic and red pepper flakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
This easy TikTok ramen recipe is perfect if you’re on a budget but craving something delicious and filling. It only needs a few common ingredients and is ready in just 6 minutes!
The delicious blend of butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, and regular soy sauce creates a savory, salty, and sweet sauce for the chewy needles.
Then, top the hot noodles with Everything Bagel seasoning and sliced green onions for the perfect comfort food!
If you liked this viral recipe, you’d love these easy dishes from the blog. They are also quick, delicious, and effortless to prepare!