This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
Try these Tiktok Parmesan potatoes and enjoy cheesy potatoes that are crispy outside and creamy inside. This viral recipe roasts potatoes without boiling!
Are the trending TikTok Parmesan potatoes worth the hype?
Parmesan-crusted roasted potatoes are taking TikTok by storm, which isn’t surprising since who wouldn’t like cheese and potatoes?
We’ve tested the viral recipe, and the result is irresistibly crispy potatoes that are also soft and creamy inside. 🤤
And best of all, these roasted potatoes are done straight in the oven. No parboiling required!
What Are Parmesan Potatoes?
TikTok is obsessed with Parmesan potatoes which are thick slices of Parmesan-crusted potatoes roasted to crispy perfection in the oven.
The deliciously cheesy coating is also seasoned with garlic, parsley, salt, and red pepper flakes, so you can easily imagine the savory flavor of these viral potatoes.
The Parmesan crust is made with olive oil, forming a paste for easier coating. (This is perfect if you love potatoes with extra-thick crusts!)
But more than the finger-licking coating of this parmesan-crusted potato hack, my favorite thing is that you’ll roast the potatoes straight into the oven!
I’m pleasantly surprised they come out crispy and cooked through, even without parboiling. You’ll never make your roasted parmesan potatoes any other way again.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy: These TikTok Parmesan potatoes don’t require parboiling. After coating the potatoes, just pop them in the oven and wait. It can’t get easier than that!
- Few Ingredients: You only need olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, grated garlic, chopped parsley, and common pantry seasonings to make the cheesy crust for these viral Parmesan potatoes!
- Tasty: If you’re “Team Potatoes with Crispy Edges,” this recipe is a love letter for you. The inside is also nice and fluffy, almost melting in the mouth. 😋
What Do Crispy Parmesan Potatoes Taste Like?
It’s not surprising for the Parmesan potatoes TikTok recipe to quickly get viral because it tastes absolutely delicious! But to be fair, I dare you to find someone who doesn’t like cheesy potatoes.
You’ll get the tried and tested pairing of Parmesan cheese and perfectly-cooked roasted potatoes. And the cheesy crust?
Are Parmesan-Crusted Potatoes Healthy?
This TikTok recipe does not use butter to roast the potatoes, making it a bit healthier.
I also think roasted potatoes are a great alternative to fries which are usually drenched in oil. These potatoes will still give you the crunch you’re craving for!
However, parmesan roasted potatoes still lack other ingredients to make the dish a balanced meal. That being said, I recommend serving your crispy parmesan-crusted potatoes with other roasted veggies.
My friend also makes a vegan and gluten-free roasted potato recipe using vegan parmesan cheese!
What Are The Benefits Of The TikTok Parmesan Potatoes Recipe?
These incredibly easy parmesan potatoes from TikTok will solve your cravings for crispy, cheesy potatoes!
You only need a few ingredients, and there’s no need to parboil the potatoes to get them perfectly cooked. Instead, after coating the potatoes, just pop them in the oven and wait.
There’s just something about cheesy, crispy potatoes that make them hard NOT to want.
Enjoy these internet-favorite potatoes as the main dish or side for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. (Chicken and potatoes, anyone?)
Ingredients For Viral Tiktok Parmesan Potatoes
- Potatoes – You can use any potatoes you like, but yellow, Yukon Gold, or Russet potatoes will always yield the best parmesan potatoes because of their texture after roasting.
- Parmesan cheese – This yummy dish is a labor of love, but in a good way. Grate the Parmesan cheese yourself for the best flavor.
- Olive oil – We’ll use olive oil instead of butter for healthier but crispy parmesan potatoes.
- Garlic – Because what other ingredient to marry Parmesan cheese perfectly than grated fresh garlic?
- Fresh parsley – Golden-brown roasted potatoes with bits of parsley are just a mouthwatering sight. Parsley also tastes peppery and earthy, perfect for the Parmesan crust. 🤤
- Red pepper flakes – Adds a kick to the savory Parmesan-crusted potatoes.
- Sea salt – Season your Parmesan potatoes to taste.
- Cooking spray – For greasing the baking dish and keeping the delicious potatoes from sticking.
Tools Needed To Prepare Viral Tiktok Parmesan Potatoes
- Grater for grating the Parmesan
- Bowl for mixing the ingredients
- Knife for chopping the parsley
- Baking dish for roasting the potatoes
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Parmesan Potatoes
Yukon Gold potatoes and yellow potatoes are fine for roasted potatoes. Alternatively, you can also use Russet potatoes, especially if you love roasted potatoes that are very fluffy inside.
Before this raises some eyebrows, I know I promoted the use of virgin olive oil in this recipe because it’s healthier. However, there’s nothing wrong with occasionally enjoying buttery Parmesan potatoes made with melted butter. 😋
Whether you’re feeling lazy to prepare the garlic cloves yourself or you’re out of fresh garlic, feel free to use garlic powder in the cheese-seasoning mixture. You can even sprinkle more over the potato halves for extra garlic flavor.
How to Make Viral Tiktok Parmesan Potatoes
- 4 pcs medium potatoes
- 120 g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Cooking spray
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F and grate the Parmesan cheese.
STEP 2: Prepare the crust with half of the grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt in a mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients until you form a paste-like consistency.
STEP 3: Slice each potato in half. Score the potatoes with criss-cross slits to ensure even cooking.
STEP 4: Transfer the scored potato slices to the Parmesan mixture and coat them evenly.
STEP 5: Before roasting, pour the leftover Parmesan cheese onto a plate and place the potatoes over it to get more coating.
STEP 6: Grease the baking dish with cooking spray.
STEP 7: Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking dish and top with more Parmesan.
STEP 8: Bake for 40 minutes or until brown and tender. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
These TikTok parmesan potatoes are already good on their own, but you can also serve them with dip as a snack or appetizer.
The garlicky-parmesan potatoes will taste delicious with pesto or sour cream and onion. (Ugh, even just imagining them makes my mouth water.)
If you want to serve the Parmesan potatoes as sides, they will pair well with proteins like chicken and pork or carbs like bread and pasta for a hearty meal.
I recommend checking this juicy chicken 101 recipe that takes bland chicken breasts to the next level.
And if you want more trending recipes and food hacks, I’ve got the best collection of viral TikTok recipes for you!
- Juicy Chicken 101 Recipe
- Perfect Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- Copycat Olive Garden Steak Gorgonzola
- Viral Tiktok Recipes
Tips About Making Parmesan-Crusted Potatoes
Why does the cheese on my parmesan potatoes burn? Why are my parmesan potatoes undercooked?
Get perfect Parmesan potatoes with these tips and avoid burnt or undercooked potatoes:
- Pick potatoes that are not too starchy. Some of the best options are yellow, Yukon Gold, and Russet, so your finished potatoes are fluffy inside but crispy outside.
- If your potatoes come out hard, you can cut them into quarters to help them cook faster. Make sure you also roast the potatoes in a single layer and place the baking dish on the middle rack to prevent burning.
- Some swear that using Parmesan cheese with a fine, sand-like consistency produces the best crispy Parmesan potatoes. So instead of grating by hand, use a food processor for your cheese!
How To Store Tiktok Parmesan Potatoes
For leftover Parmesan potatoes (which are very unlikely in our household 😂), here are some storage tips to keep them tasty.
- Fridge: Allow the crispy potatoes to cool, then transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate and consume within 3 days.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing these crispy Parmesan-crusted potatoes because thawing might change their texture.
- Reheating: Reheat the Parmesan potatoes for 5 minutes at 400°F in the preheated oven or until the golden crust is crispy again.
Why Are My Roasted Potatoes Still Hard?
The oven strength and potato size affect the ideal cooking time and temperature for roasting potatoes perfectly. Since this viral recipe does not require parboiling, remember to score the potatoes and make sure the oven is hot enough to prevent undercooked, hard parmesan potatoes.
Why Do My Roast Potatoes Burn?
Use the middle rack of the oven and place the potatoes on a baking sheet or dish that can withstand high temperatures. Otherwise, you risk burning the parmesan potatoes when you roast them in the oven!
FAQ About Tiktok Parmesan Potatoes
How do you make crispy potatoes with cheese in the oven?
To keep your parmesan potatoes from burning, cook them in the middle rather than the top rack. However, I found out that you can also roast the potatoes on the middle rack for 20 minutes, then finish on the top rack until golden brown for extra crispy parmesan potatoes.
Should you boil potatoes before roasting?
This TikTok Parmesan-crusted potatoes recipe skips parboiling and still achieves crispy-creamy potatoes. But to ensure your oven-roasted potatoes will get cooked through, don’t forget to score them!
Why are my potatoes not getting crispy in the oven?
Your oven temperature might need to be higher if your parmesan potatoes are not getting crispy. You should also arrange them on the baking dish in a single layer since the overlapping potatoes won’t get evenly cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare the crust with half of the grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt in a mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients until you form a paste-like consistency.
- Slice each potato in half. Score the potatoes with criss-cross slits to ensure even cooking.
- Transfer the scored potato slices to the Parmesan mixture and coat them evenly.
- Before roasting, pour the leftover Parmesan cheese onto a plate and place the potatoes over it to get more coating.
- Grease the baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking dish and top with more Parmesan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until brown and tender. Enjoy!
- Use Yukon Gold or any low to medium-starch potatoes to make crusted roasted potatoes. These potatoes yield perfect Parmesan potatoes because they’re fluffy inside and crispy outside.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer and use the middle rack to ensure even cooking without burning. You may also need to cut the potatoes smaller if they come out hard.
- You can get a finer consistency on your grated Parmesan with a food processor!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 11Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
If you love potatoes, the viral TikTok parmesan potatoes recipe is something you should try ASAP!
Enjoy crispy, cheesy potatoes that are fluffy inside, perfect as an appetizer, snack, main dish, or even as sides if you feel your main is missing something.
You don’t need to boil the potatoes, and the delicious crust is made from simple ingredients: Parmesan, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and red pepper flakes!
This dish is everything you’d want for potatoes.
And if you like these irresistibly crispy Parmesan potatoes, you’ll love these: