This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This TikTok cinnamon rolls recipe transforms canned cinnamon rolls into irresistible ooey-gooey treats using heavy cream. Super easy and tastes like Cinnabon!
What if I told you that you could indulge in your Cinnabon cravings using canned cinnamon rolls?
This TikTok cinnamon rolls hack brings store-bought rolls to new heights of gooey and fluffy goodness. And the secret?
Preparing the rolls in heavy cream!
But we won’t stop there.
Brace yourself for a divine experience as we also top these viral cinnamon rolls with a buttery cinnamon drizzle and luscious cream cheese frosting. 😋
What Are The Viral TikTok Cinnamon Rolls?
TikTok cinnamon rolls are store-bought cinnamon rolls baked with heavy cream. This hack taking over TikTok makes ordinary store-bought rolls ooey, gooey, moist, and fluffy.
When I first saw those cinnamon rolls with heavy cream from TikTok user @mississippi_kween, I instantly understood why it’s one of those TikTok recipes that you’ll want to try and join the chant, “TikTok made me do it!”
I thought, “So you’re telling me I can bypass the stress of making cinnamon rolls at home by just baking canned rolls with heavy cream?!”
You’ll get to enjoy perfectly moist and gooey cinnamon rolls effortlessly at home with these TikTok cinnamon rolls. But to take it a step further, let’s whip the frosting that came with the canned rolls with sugar and cream cheese for a quick but irresistible topping.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This trending cinnamon roll hack is something you don’t want to pass up! Would you want to miss the chance to indulge in ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls using just heavy cream and canned rolls?
- Easy-Peasy: The fans are not kidding when they say these are the easiest cinnamon rolls you’ll ever make! Just coat the canned cinnamon rolls with heavy cream and whip up your favorite glaze and frosting.
- Tastes Like Cinnabon: Impress your loved ones with these sensational TikTok cinnamon rolls. No one will be able to guess that they came out from a can and not bought from Cinnabon!
- Customizable: Go beyond the usual glaze and cream cheese icing. Try these cinnamon rolls with your favorite toppings and frostings!
What Do TikTok Cinnamon Rolls Taste Like?
These TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream may have come from a tube, but they taste like they’re bought from Cinnabon. They’re rich, buttery, and gooey with just the right sweetness and punch from cinnamon.
But beyond the delectable taste, my favorite part about these cinnamon rolls is their wonderful texture.
They’re unbelievably soft and moist, so wherever you bite from the bun, it’s like eating the center! (Let’s be honest; the center is the best part of the cinnamon roll. 😜)
And as if that’s not enough, the rolls are also covered in homemade cream cheese icing that balances the sweetness of the buns and cinnamon brown sugar butter mixture! 🤤
Are TikTok Cinnamon Rolls With Heavy Cream Healthy?
Let’s be honest; who’s really looking for a healthy option when it comes to cinnamon rolls?
If you’re mindful of your portions and you just enjoy them as treats occasionally, there should be nothing wrong in embracing these TikTok cinnamon rolls in all their decadent glory.
You can also enjoy them without the drizzle and frosting to cut the sugar and fat content of each serving. Or, if you want, nuts and fruits are delicious but healthier alternatives to these sinful toppings. 😝
What Are The Benefits Of These TikTok Cinnamon Rolls?
With these TikTok cinnamon rolls, you can experience the joy of moist and gooey rolls that taste like Cinnabon cinnamon rolls effortlessly!
Say goodbye to the struggles of hard and dense homemade dough. Just cover your store-bought cinnamon rolls (yes, those that come in a tube!) with heavy cream and bake to mouthwatering golden brown perfection.
But the hack is not only limited to the rolls themselves.
You can also make the cinnamon roll frosting that came with the package of cinnamon rolls extra special by whipping it with sugar and cream cheese.
Isn’t this TikTok hack the easiest way to make the most decadent cinnamon rolls at home?
Ingredients For TikTok Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Cinnamon rolls – This viral TikTok cinnamon roll hack uses cans of cinnamon rolls. You can also pick the jumbo ones for larger and more satisfying rolls!
- Heavy cream – The secret behind this awesome cinnamon bun hack. Add as much as needed to fill the gaps between the rolls.
- Salted butter – Salty and buttery goodness that perfectly complements the sweet cinnamon buns.
- Brown sugar – For our quick and easy cinnamon drizzle.
- Ground cinnamon – Because you can never have too much cinnamon in cinnamon rolls.
- Frosting packets – Blend the frosting that came with your cinnamon rolls with cream cheese and sugar for a quick and easy homemade cream cheese frosting!
- Cream cheese – The slight tang from cream cheese perfectly balances the sweetness of the rolls and brown sugar drizzle.
- Powdered sugar – Use powdered sugar for easier incorporation in the cream cheese frosting.
- Non-stick cooking spray – To keep the buns from sticking in the baking dish.
Tools Needed To Prepare TikTok Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Baking dish for baking the TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream
- Aluminum foil for covering the baking dish
- Hand mixer for whipping the cream cheese frosting
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For TikTok Cinnamon Rolls With Heavy Cream
Is your cream cheese frosting too thick for your liking? Just adjust the consistency with a tablespoon of milk!
For added texture, sprinkle toasted almonds over your ooey-gooey TikTok cinnamon rolls! You can also use any nuts you like on this viral food trend.
Cinnamon drizzle and cream cheese frosting
Dare to try something outrageous? Instead of the cinnamon drizzle and cream cheese frosting used in this viral recipe, try these cinnamon rolls with a harmonious blend of sweet and savory!
How To Make TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
- 10 pcs cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Frosting packets (included with the cinnamon rolls)
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Non-stick cooking spray for the baking dish
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease your baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
STEP 2: Open the tubes and separate the cinnamon rolls. Arrange them in the baking dish relatively close to each other.
STEP 3: Cover the cinnamon rolls with heavy cream.
STEP 4: For the cinnamon drizzle, start by melting your butter in the microwave.
STEP 5: Add the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir until well incorporated and smooth.
STEP 6: Top the cinnamon rolls with the brown sugar mixture.
STEP 7: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Adjust the baking time as needed until the rolls are golden brown and cooked through.
STEP 8: Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
STEP 9: For the frosting, whip your frosting, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until creamy.
STEP 10: Spread the frosting over the cooled cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
What To Serve With TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
Get a boost of vitamins by serving these viral TikTok cinnamon rolls with fresh fruits! Crispy apple slices and mixed berries taste phenomenal with the moist buns!
You can also pair them with something salty, like bacon and salted nuts. The sweet-salty contrast will leave you craving for more.
But if you’re looking for a drink to serve with these TikTok cinnamon rolls, you might find the perfect match when you browse the best viral TikTok recipes.
Speaking of perfect match, here are my favorite matcha beverages to accompany your warm cinnamon rolls 🍵:
Tips About Making TikTok Cinnamon Rolls With Heavy Cream
Make your baking experience more enjoyable with these handy tips for your TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream:
- Want to make these delicious cinnamon rolls more buttery and caramelly? Butter the baking dish and coat with brown sugar before arranging the cinnamon rolls over them!
- Keep your cinnamon rolls from expanding horizontally by placing them close to each other when arranging them in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Have no oven? Make your TikTok cinnamon rolls in an air fryer at 360°F for about 8 minutes. Just don’t forget to spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick spray!
How To Store TikTok Cinnamon Rolls With Heavy Cream
Here are some storage tips for your leftover cinnamon rolls. These are also perfect for making the crave-worthy treats in advance:
- Fridge: Transfer your TikTok cinnamon rolls to an airtight container and store in the fridge to keep them moist. They’re best enjoyed within 3 to 5 days.
- Freezer: Because TikTok cinnamon rolls are baked with heavy cream, I don’t recommend freezing them. Remember that freezing cinnamon rolls is best done on unbaked and parbaked rolls before frosting.
- Reheating: The easiest way to reheat these TikTok cinnamon rolls is by microwaving them until warm. My tip is to do 15-second intervals until you achieve your desired temperature on them. 😉
Can’t find canned cinnamon rolls? Use the frozen ones from the store!
Just arrange them in the baking dish with heavy cream, cover, and chill overnight. Then, remove the cover and allow them to rise for an hour before baking at 350°F for 15 minutes.
How Do I Know If My TikTok Cinnamon Rolls Are Done?
Your TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream are done once they are golden brown.
However, the size of cinnamon rolls, the baking pan, and the amount of cream can affect your baking duration, so feel free to adjust the time as needed.
You can also stick a toothpick into the center of the rolls to check if they’re cooked through. If they’re still a bit raw, remove the foil, then continue baking.
What Does Heavy Cream Do For Cinnamon Rolls TikTok Recipe?
Covering cinnamon rolls with heavy whipping cream before baking makes them moist and gooey: adjectives you want for your cinnamon rolls.
I don’t think using something with lower fat content will work for this cinnamon roll glow-up because you might just end up with soggy cinnamon rolls.
How Do You Make Store-Bought Cinnamon Rolls Taste Homemade?
TikTok’s viral heavy cream hack will elevate your canned cinnamon rolls because it makes them more moist and soft. Then, make the included frosting extra special by whipping it with cream cheese and sugar.
You can also whip up a quick glaze with melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
The sky is the limit when it comes to the toppings you can use to make these TikTok cinnamon rolls taste homemade!
FAQ About TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
Can I make my TikTok cinnamon rolls ahead of time?
You can make these TikTok cinnamon rolls beforehand since you can store them covered at room temperature for 1 to 2 days! But for more extended storage, put them in the fridge and consume the sweet cinnamon rolls within 5 days.
Can I freeze my TikTok cinnamon rolls?
Cinnamon rolls are best frozen when they’re unbaked or parbaked, unlike these baked TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream. The good news is they’re ridiculously easy to make anyway, so baking a fresh batch will be a breeze.
Do I have to use heavy cream in my TikTok cinnamon rolls?
Absolutely! Heavy cream is the heart of these melt-in-the-mouth TikTok cinnamon rolls. It’s the secret ingredient to making the store-bought rolls as moist and soft as Cinnabon’s!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease your baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Open the tubes and separate the cinnamon rolls. Arrange them in the baking dish relatively close to each other.
- Cover the cinnamon rolls with heavy cream.
- For the cinnamon drizzle, start by melting your butter in the microwave.
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir until well incorporated and smooth.
- Top the cinnamon rolls with the brown sugar mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Adjust the baking time as needed until the rolls are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- For the frosting, whip your frosting, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
- Instead of a cinnamon drizzle, you can make a quick caramel directly in the baking dish! Just butter the baking dish and coat with brown sugar BEFORE you arrange the cinnamon rolls and heavy cream in it.
- To ensure that your cinnamon rolls will rise vertically in the oven, arrange them close to each other.
- These TikTok cinnamon rolls are air fryer-friendly! All you need to do is spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick spray, then set the rolls at 360°F for about 8 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 11Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
No need to go to Cinnabon; these TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream will make your store-bought cinnamon rolls gooey and fluffy!
The viral hack uses heavy cream on canned cinnamon rolls before baking them… And what will you get?
Perfectly soft and moist cinnamon rolls where the entire roll taste like our favorite part of cinnamon rolls: the center!
And if that’s not enough to satisfy your sweet tooth, this recipe also includes an easy buttery cinnamon glaze and decadent cream cheese frosting using the frosting included with the canned rolls.
Thanks to TikTok, you don’t need to be an expert on cinnamon rolls to make the moistest cinnamon rolls!
Love cinnamon on your desserts? Try these recipes with cinnamon to keep you cozy: