This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This TikTok strawberry chocolate recipe makes chocolate covered strawberries quick and easy! You only need sweet berries, creamy chocolate, and crunchy nuts.
This viral TikTok strawberry chocolate recipe is a quick and easy way to make chocolate covered strawberries!
The decadent treats combine rich chocolate, sweet-tangy strawberries, and crunchy chopped nuts without the mess of classic chocolate dipped berries. The trick is assembling the TikTok strawberry bites in a muffin tin!
Don’t you love desserts that won’t leave you with a sink full of things to wash?
And if you want something more exciting than a 3-ingredient recipe for chocolate dipped strawberries, continue reading below for fun variations such as chocolate strawberry crunch bites, chocolate strawberry yogurt clusters, and chocolate covered strawberry banana bites. 😋
What are TikTok Strawberry Chocolate Bites?
TikTok strawberry chocolate bites, strawberry chocolate cups, strawberry chocolate clusters, or whatever you want to call them, are delectable bite-sized treats inspired by chocolate covered strawberries.
Instead of whole strawberries dipped in melted chocolate, TikTok strawberry bites feature thick strawberry slices inside chocolate cups. You’ll use a muffin tin as the mold for these delights.
Think of them as Reese’s peanut butter cups, but instead of peanut butter, you’ll get a sweet, juicy strawberry in the center.
They’re also topped with chopped nuts, so every bite will give you a yummy combination of textures. 🤤
So, if you’ve been craving chocolate covered strawberries (especially with Valentine’s just around the corner!), make this strawberry chocolate bites TikTok for a quick and mess-free take on the perfect duo.
Why You’ll Love This Viral TikTok Strawberry Chocolate Recipe
- Classic Treat Reimagined: These TikTok strawberry chocolate bites put a fun spin on chocolate-covered strawberries by giving you the perfect chocolate-to-berry ratio. You’ll get a generous portion of rich chocolate, a thick slice of ripe and juicy strawberry, and, for added crunch, some chopped nuts on top.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Made Easy: Because everything is assembled in a muffin tin, these TikTok strawberry and chocolate cups are not as messy and laborious as traditional chocolate strawberries!
- Just The Right Size: These TikTok strawberry bites are the perfect size for party desserts and casual snacking. Since making them is not as meticulous as dipping whole berries in melted chocolate, you can also make a big batch of these treats to please a crowd of sweet tooth (or should I say sweet teeth?)
What Do Chocolate Covered Strawberries Taste Like?
This strawberry chocolate bites TikTok recipe will give you the same luscious experience as eating the crowd-pleasing chocolate dipped strawberries.
Use your favorite chocolate on these TikTok strawberry chocolate bites, whether it’s milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate. I prefer the former because I think the richness of milk chocolate complements the tart-sweet flavor of the strawberries.
But if you have ripe berries on hand, semi-sweet or dark chocolate will be divine.
Besides the flavors, the texture contrast between the soft, juicy strawberries and smooth chocolate coating makes these chocolate dipped strawberries a sure hit. The crunch from the nuts on top is also a welcomed addition! 😋
With these treats being bite-sized, you’ll appreciate these flavors and textures in the perfect portion.
They’re also more like chocolate cups, so you’ll get the perfect chocolate-to-strawberry ratio compared to whole berries dipped in chocolate.
Ingredients For Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Fresh strawberries – Make sure your strawberries are dry when making this TikTok strawberry chocolate recipe! Read on to discover why this is crucial for the perfect chocolate covered strawberries.
- Milk chocolate chips – The sweet and rich milk chocolate makes the “perfect cup” for juicy strawberry slices.
- Chopped peanuts – You can use your favorite nuts as well. But if you want to keep the dessert nut-free, you might like toasted coconut flakes or toffee bits on your chocolate strawberry cups.
Tools Needed To Prepare Strawberry Chocolate Bites TikTok Recipe
- Muffin tin for the strawberry chocolate cups
- Microwave-safe bowl for melting the chocolate chips
- Knife for the fresh strawberries
- Chopping board for slicing the strawberries
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Variations
Chocolate strawberry crunch bites
With some creativity, there are so many fun ways to tweak this TikTok strawberry chocolate recipe!
Forget about crunchy chocolate candy bars and say hello to chocolate strawberry crunch bites.
Instead of submerging the strawberry slices in pure melted chocolate, stir some puffed quinoa into the melted chocolate.
Chocolate strawberry yogurt clusters
This one is a personal favorite of mine: chocolate strawberry yogurt clusters!
Freeze scoops of this yogurt mix on a lined baking sheet for an hour or two and then dip them in melted chocolate.
I know these frozen clusters are not as quick and simple as our 3-ingredient strawberry chocolate cups, but they’re still a fun take on chocolate dipped strawberries.
Chocolate covered strawberry banana bites
Let’s combine chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate dipped bananas in one and make TikTok strawberry bites with banana slices!
Simply stack a banana slice, strawberry slice, and another banana slice together. Freeze them for 2 hours and dip the fruit stacks in melted chocolate until evenly coated.
Finally, freeze for half an hour and enjoy!
I bet these banana berry chocolate bites will be amazing in the hot summer months!
How to Make TikTok Strawberry Bites
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Let’s gather the ingredients for our TikTok strawberry chocolate recipe!
STEP 2: Melt the chocolate and pour a tablespoon of melted chocolate into each cup of a non-stick muffin tin.
STEP 3: Slice the strawberries and add a piece to each chocolate-filled cup.
STEP 4: Refrigerate to set.
STEP 5: Top the strawberry chocolate bites with chopped nuts, and you’re done!
What To Serve With Strawberry and Chocolate Cups
Plan a romantic date night at home and serve these TikTok strawberry chocolate bites with Pinot Noir. If you opted for dark chocolate strawberry bites, pair them with the bold Cabernet Sauvignon.
However, these chocolate strawberry bites are not just for date nights and romantic occasions like Valentine’s Day.
You can also make them for other events or even on ordinary days when you just want something sweet and decadent.
Pair the strawberry chocolate cups with luscious desserts like Instant Pot cheesecake bites, and discover that you don’t need to visit a coffee shop for satisfying sweets.
Or if you want to have the viral strawberry chocolate bites as desserts, they’ll make the perfect ender after something fresh and savory, like our one-skillet chicken egg roll in a bowl.
Tips About Making This TikTok Strawberry Chocolate Recipe
- The most convenient way to melt chocolate for these TikTok strawberry bites is in the microwave. Melt the chocolate with a bit of coconut oil on half power at 30-second intervals, stirring in between intervals until smooth. Just make sure not to overheat your chocolate, or it can get grainy!
- If you don’t want to risk burning chocolate quickly, melt it in a double boiler! Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water, bring it to a simmer, and put the chocolate chips on top. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is lump-free.
- Make these chocolate-covered strawberry bites for Valentine’s and give your beloved the cutest treats! Use a heart-shaped muffin pan, and I bet your partner will love these bites over those store-bought candy hearts.
How To Store Chocolate Bites
I think everyone who loves chocolate covered strawberry bites knows that the best way to store these delectable treats is on the counter at room temperature.
We don’t want the strawberry bites to sweat!
Just cover the plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries loosely with plastic wrap and enjoy them within the day of making them for the best experience.
- Fridge: Want to keep your TikTok strawberry chocolate bites to last longer? You can refrigerate them, but expect sweating. The solution? Line the airtight container with paper towels first. The bites should last in the fridge for up to 2 days. (If you can resist them!)
- Freezer: It’s best not to freeze your chocolate strawberry cups as the berries can become mushy after thawing.
What Kind of Chocolate Is Best for Dipping Strawberries?
The best chocolate for dipping strawberries is high-quality couverture chocolate. Thanks to its high quantity of cocoa butter, this chocolate melts smoothly.
This is also why it’s often favored for molding!
But if you find couverture chocolate too pricey, you can always use semi-sweet chocolate chips. They balance the sweetness of ripe strawberries, perfect if you prefer desserts that aren’t super sweet.
Ultimately, it’s a matter of preference.
I personally like milk chocolate for dipping strawberries, as I often end up getting tart berries. You can also use white chocolate and have different flavors of dipped berries.
What about those intimidated by melting chocolate at home?
You can always start with melting wafers. 😉
How Do You Keep Chocolate Melted When Dipping?
If the chocolate starts to harden and you’re still not done making your chocolate-covered strawberry bites, just quickly melt it again in the microwave and stir until smooth.
Oh, and don’t forget to pat the strawberries dry with paper towels!
It’s important that your strawberries are dry, or the chocolate can seize, making the dipping mixture grainy.
And if the strawberries came from the fridge, you want them to come to room temperature first to avoid condensation that can make it hard for the chocolate coating to stick.
FAQ About Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Can I make this TikTok strawberry chocolate in advance?
For the best taste and texture, it’s best to make these strawberry chocolate bites on the same day you intend to serve them.
Do you have to use fresh strawberries for these strawberry chocolate bites?
The juiciness of fresh strawberries makes them the best choice for these strawberry chocolate cups. But if they’re unavailable, you can also use freeze-dried strawberry slices.
Why do people dip strawberries in chocolate?
People started appreciating the pairing of fresh strawberries and chocolate way back in the 1960s. We can thank Lorraine Lorusso for creating chocolate dipped strawberries. With the delightful combination of their flavors and textures, it’s not a surprise why people enjoy chocolate covered strawberries.
Should strawberries be cold before dipping in chocolate?
No. Use room-temperature strawberries for dipping in chocolate. The temperature change from being in the fridge to somewhere warmer can lead to condensation. The resulting moisture will make it hard for the chocolate coating to stick!
Do you refrigerate strawberries after dipping in chocolate?
You don’t have to refrigerate strawberries dipped in chocolate, as chilling can also cause them to sweat. Unless you want them to last up to 2 days, you can just store them in a tray covered with a plastic sheet for the best texture and taste.
- Let's gather the ingredients for our TikTok strawberry chocolate recipe!
- Melt the chocolate and pour a tablespoon of melted chocolate into each cup of a non-stick muffin tin.
- Slice the strawberries and add a piece to each chocolate-filled cup.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Top the strawberry chocolate bites with chopped nuts, and you're done!
- You can melt your chocolate chips in the microwave with a bit of coconut oil on half power at 30-second intervals, stirring in between intervals until smooth. Just make sure not to overheat your chocolate in the microwave, or it can get grainy.
- Another way to melt chocolate for this TikTok strawberry chocolate recipe if you don't want to risk burning it quickly is with a double boiler. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water, bring it to a simmer, and add the chocolate chips on top. Stir until smooth and completely melted.
- Want to make these chocolate-covered strawberry bites for Valentine's? Use a heart-shaped muffin pan for super cute treats!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Make these TikTok strawberry chocolate bites for a new take on everyone’s favorite duo: chocolate and strawberries!
They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or even just on a random day when you feel like having something sweet, tart, and chocolatey. 😋
These treats only need 3 simple ingredients: your favorite chocolate chips, fresh strawberry slices, and crunchy peanuts.
Instead of dipping whole strawberries in melted chocolate, you’ll arrange them in the cups of a muffin tin. This makes it quicker and less messy to make chocolate dipped strawberries!
After the chocolate strawberry cups set in the fridge, top them with chopped nuts for an added crunch, and they’re ready to be enjoyed.
Just a word of warning: These bite-sized delights are highly addictive!
Love strawberry desserts? I can totally relate! Here are my favorite “berry” delicious sweets that can be made from scratch: