This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This TikTok sushi wrap recipe uses the viral tortilla hack on nori sheets and your favorite sushi ingredients. It’s quick, fun, and highly customizable!
Forget sushi rolls because the latest food trend is folding nori sheets with your sushi favorites. This is the sushi wrap recipe that’s taking TikTok by storm!
Inspired by the viral tortilla hack, you can now experience pure sushi bliss with less effort.
This TikTok sushi wrap features fresh salmon, tasty cooked rice, rich cream cheese, and creamy avocado slices in a crisp and savory seaweed embrace.
But if they don’t excite your taste buds, you can also customize these nori wraps and create the ultimate sushi masterpiece. 🍣
Make it vegan, switch up the protein, or mix and match your favorite condiments!
What Is Sushi Wrap?
Imagine the famous tortilla hack, but instead of a tortilla wrap, ground beef, and cheese, you’ll be folding nori sheets with ingredients commonly enjoyed in sushi rolls. That’s the sushi wrap!
You can unleash your inner sushi Picasso because it’s completely up to you to pick what you’ll use in your sushi wrap recipe. For my TikTok sushi wrap, I’ve chosen sushi-grade salmon, seasoned sushi rice, avocado slices, and my guilty pleasure, cream cheese. 😋
This makes the wrap taste closer to the viral sushi bake than a classic sushi roll.
And the best part? You’ll get to revel in sushi heaven without needing fancy rolling skills and complicated knife skills!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There’s no need to just roll with it and get frustrated with homemade sushi rolls. Who needs sushi rolling mats when you can enjoy this TikTok sushi wrap sensation in as easy as 1-2-3?
- Quick And Easy: This sushi wrap recipe is perfect for the busy and lazy! Just fill the nori sheet with your favorites, fold, and off you go!
- Portable: Whether you’re looking for a weekday lunch idea, having a picnic with friends, or throwing a party for the family, these mess-free sushi wraps got you! You won’t be left with a ton of utensils and dishes to wash with these portable delights.
- Customizable: Let your taste buds, ahem, I mean creativity run wild with TikTok sushi wrap. This highly customizable recipe offers endless delicious possibilities for your sushi fantasies.
What Does TikTok Sushi Wrap Taste Like?
TikTok sushi wrap tastes rich and umami, and I’m sure it’ll remind you of another Internet favorite, baked sushi.
I’ve used sushi rice, salmon, cream cheese, and avocado slices for this particular sushi wrap recipe, so it tastes closer to the creamy and savory sushi bake than the fresh and crunchy classic sushi roll.
However, remember that you can make a flavor combo that’s uniquely yours with this customizable recipe! Maybe you like your TikTok sushi wrap to be more spicy, tangy, umami, crispy, or extra creamy. 🤤
Is This Sushi Wrap Recipe Healthy?
The super convenient sushi hack from Tiktok is not just a neat and fun way to enjoy sushi. You can also make it as healthy as you want.
Admittedly, one of my favorite combos (the one I’ve used for this recipe) is not the healthiest. I filled the quadrants with seasoned sushi rice, a sushi-grade salmon slice, avocado slices, and cream cheese, so you can easily imagine it’s not the lowest-calorie option. 😅
So for my sushi-loving health buffs, I suggest using vegetables and high-protein ingredients in your sushi wrap recipe instead.
Off the top of my head, you can combine grated carrots, avocado, maybe some pickled radish, and to give it a meatier taste, vegan “sliced meat.” I know this is more of a kimbap, but it’s not like there’s a sushi wrap police that’ll arrest you, haha.
What Are The Benefits Of The Viral Sushi Wrap Recipe?
The best thing about this sushi wrap recipe is it will benefit those who find rolling sushi intimidating.
Trust me, I’ve been there, and my overstuffed sushi roll is just not cute. 😆
I also love how neat and presentable these sushi wraps look. They’re perfect for parties and picnics, and you won’t be left with a full dishwasher or messy spills to clean!
That reminds me, these sushi wraps are like the bigger, more angular sibling of the viral baked salmon sushi cups. If you haven’t checked those out, I also highly recommend trying that TikTok recipe.
Picture the scrumptious goodness of sushi bake but portable.
Ingredients For Sushi Wrap
- Nori sheets – Crispy and umami, nori sheets are as perfect for sushi fixings as tortilla wraps are for cheese and ground beef.
- Sushi rice – While the viral TikTok sushi wrap is not as delicate as a sushi roll, you still want something sticky like sushi rice to keep it from falling apart. Some also recommend leftover rice!
- Rice vinegar – We’ll add a splash of rice vinegar to the sushi rice. The sweet-acidic taste perfectly balances the richness of cream cheese, salmon, and avocado.
- Sesame oil – Sesame oil offers an irresistible nutty taste and aroma. You’ll love this flavor, especially if you dip the sushi wrap in soy sauce!
- Salt – Add some salt to season the sushi rice, but don’t go overboard since the nori sheet is already a bit salty.
- Sugar – Some sweetness to cut through the savory flavors of this sushi wrap recipe.
- Furikake seasoning – A pantry must-have, especially for seasoning sushi rice!
- Salmon – Use sushi-grade salmon, but you can just quickly air fry any salmon fillet, and it will be as tasty. Having no anxiety about food poisoning is always a plus!
- Avocado – The delectable, somewhat buttery flavor of avocado is perfect for the savory TikTok sushi wrap.
- Cream cheese – If you love the rich, creamy taste of sushi bake, you’ll enjoy the addition of cream cheese in this sushi wrap.
Tools Needed To Prepare Sushi Wrap
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Sushi Wrap
Want a non-seafood sushi wrap recipe? Swap out salmon with tofu!
You can prepare it teriyaki style, but personally, I love the crunch of pan-fried tofu in my sushi wrap.
The crunch from shredded carrots is also enjoyable in any sushi wrap recipe. Plus, carrots are packed with antioxidants!
To save time, try these shredded carrots instead of preparing whole carrots yourself. 😉
Looking for some heat in your sushi wrap? Just drizzle some sriracha over the salmon!
How to Make Sushi Wrap
- 3 nori sheets
- 1 cup sushi rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp furikake seasoning
- ½ cup salmon, sliced thinly
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup cream cheese, softened
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather all the ingredients for your sushi wrap.
STEP 2: Starting at the bottom edge, cut the nori sheet in the middle but not all the way through.
STEP 3: Combine the sushi rice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and sugar.
STEP 4: Imagine the nori sheet with four quadrants.
STEP 5: Place the sushi rice mixture on the top left square. Press to distribute the rice evenly, then sprinkle with furikake seasoning.
STEP 6: Put a salmon slice on the top right square next to the sushi rice.
STEP 7: Put two to three avocado slices on the bottom right square underneath the salmon.
STEP 8: Finally, spread the cream cheese on the remaining bottom square underneath the rice.
STEP 9: Fold the cream cheese side over the rice.
STEP 10: Bring the overlapping cream cheese and rice to the right.
STEP 11: Finish the sushi wrap by folding the cream cheese, rice, and salmon down to the avocado slices.
STEP 12: Enjoy your sushi wrap whole, or slice the square into two triangles.
What To Serve With TikTok Sushi Wrap
This viral sushi wrap recipe is already good on its own, so I suggest just serving it with your favorite dips. For example, you can make a spicy mayo or mix citrus and soy sauce!
A side of wasabi, ginger, and maybe some English cucumber slices would also be tasty with sushi wrap.
But if you’re looking for other fast and fun recipes, browse our collection of the best viral TikTok recipes!
Tips About Making Sushi Wrap
Enjoy making and eating your TikTok sushi wrap more with these helpful tips:
- If you can’t get sushi-grade salmon, just season any salmon fillet with your favorite spices, then air fry at 400°F for 11 minutes. I recommend mashing and combining it with kewpie mayo and sriracha! 🤤
- This sushi wrap recipe is best eaten immediately, so the nori sheets are still nice and crisp.
- You can use any of your favorite sushi ingredients for your sushi wrap. Just remember to slice them thinly and include something sticky in the combo, so your wrap won’t fall apart.
How To Store Sushi Wrap
Sushi wrap is best eaten immediately, but if you have leftovers, follow these storage tips:
- Fridge: You can store your sushi wrap in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. However, why not just store the components separately and assemble the wrap from scratch for the best experience?
- Freezer: I don’t think freezing sushi wraps is a good idea because of the textures after defrosting.
I also want to add how to store nori sheets if you have leftovers. You want to place it in an airtight sealed bag and keep it somewhere cool for up to 3 weeks.
It can also last 6 months in the fridge and 10 months in the freezer! Just allow the chilled or frozen nori sheets to come to room temperature before opening the package so they don’t get damp!
What Kind Of Wrap For Sushi?
Sushi uses a seaweed wrap called nori. This green-black wrap will hold the sushi ingredients well, adding a crisp texture and umami flavor.
You can also make sushi without nori sheets using rice paper and wraps made from vegetables like cucumber, collard greens, or tofu skin!
How Do You Wrap Sushi In Rice Paper?
Did you know that you can wrap sushi in rice paper? Yes, the one we usually use for spring rolls!
Just rehydrate your rice papers in room temperature water for a few minutes. Once done, place the rice paper over a sushi mat that’s covered in plastic film.
Press the sushi rice over the rice paper, then top the layer of rice with your sushi fixings. Next, lift the rice paper over the filling and roll gently but securely.
FAQ About Sushi Wrap
What is in a sushi wrap?
Sushi wrap is a folded nori sheet filled with sushi roll ingredients like seafood, veggies, and sushi rice. You can also customize your sushi wrap recipe, and some delicious fillings to consider include kewpie mayo, sriracha, omelet, tofu, spinach, mushroom, spam, canned tuna, or even sliced chicken breast!
How long is leftover sushi wrap good for?
Sushi wrap is best eaten immediately, but if refrigerated, it should be good between 1 to 2 days. I wouldn’t recommend storing them too long, or the textures won’t be as enjoyable.
Can you make sushi without a wrap?
You can make sushi without a wrap! For example, the viral sushi bake is more like a casserole, and serving it with crispy nori sheets is just optional.
- Gather all the ingredients for your sushi wrap.
- Starting at the bottom edge, cut the nori sheet in the middle but not all the way through.
- Combine the sushi rice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and sugar.
- Imagine the nori sheet with four quadrants.
- Place the sushi rice mixture on the top left square. Press to distribute the rice evenly, then sprinkle with furikake seasoning.
- Put a salmon slice on the top right square next to the sushi rice.
- Put two to three avocado slices on the bottom right square underneath the salmon.
- Finally, spread the cream cheese on the remaining bottom square underneath the rice.
- Fold the cream cheese side over the rice.
- Bring the overlapping cream cheese and rice to the right.
- Finish the sushi wrap by folding the cream cheese, rice, and salmon down to the avocado slices.
- Enjoy your sushi wrap whole, or slice the square into two triangles.
- Use sushi-grade salmon from a reliable fish vendor if you plan on eating it raw. But for food safety, you can just quickly season your salmon with your favorite spices and then air fry at 400°F for 11 minutes.
- I recommend eating your sushi wraps right away so you can enjoy the nori sheets crisp.
- When experimenting with different fillings, make sure to slice the ingredients thinly so you can fold everything easily.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
And that’s a wrap! 😉
This TikTok sushi wrap recipe will help you create the sushi masterpiece you’ve been craving for. No rolling required!
The nori sheet is like a canvas for your favorite sushi fixings, and in just three folds, your sushi wrap is ready. It’s easy-peasy and mess-free.
And if you can’t decide what fillings to use on this amazing recipe, why not start with this sushi wrap’s combo of salmon, sushi rice, cream cheese, and avocado?
Want to elevate your food game with delicious but easy recipes like these TikTok-inspired nori sushi wraps? I’m sure you’ll love these: