This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These TikTok blueberry cookies got their beautiful purple hue au naturel! Would you believe this super easy viral recipe only needs 7 ingredients?
Have you ever tried something that looks amazing but actually tastes terrible? Well, these pretty purple cookies taste as good as they look!
Presenting TikTok blueberry cookies…the cutest treats for your Instagram feed!
The viral dessert got its beautiful purple hue from real blueberries, not food coloring. They’re also super simple to make using only 7 common pantry ingredients.
No fancy baking skills needed, and you can even make them vegan. 😍
What Are Blueberry Cookies?
Blueberry cookies are cookies made from blueberries! I’m not talking about a basic cookie recipe where you’ll just add artificial blueberry flavors and purple food coloring.
This TikTok cookie recipe uses frozen blueberries for a beautiful purple dough that will bake into deliciously fluffy cookies with the perfect snap on the outside edges.
They’re eggless, and the other six ingredients you’ll need are likely already in your kitchen pantry.
Combining blueberries and white chocolate is also just…*cue the ecstatic screeching while holding a cookie in each hand*
I also want to give a shoutout to TikTok user @justine_snacks for these delightful purple creations!
And for my vegan pals, I got your back with plant-based substitutes so you can join the Internet craze.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Amidst the disappointing TikTok recipes that don’t live up to the hype, these blueberry cookies prove that some viral trends are worth trying. Here are why they deserve the love:
- Beginner-Friendly: Even beginner bakers will have a blast making these TikTok blueberry cookies. Other than going loco with the electric mixer when incorporating the blueberries into the creamed butter, the rest of the recipe is quick and simple.
- Crowd-Pleasing Dessert: These blueberry cookies will have you exclaiming, “Where have you been all my life!” They’re the perfect balance of sweet, fruity, and rich chocolatey!
- Modifiable: Play around with the fruits and toppings of this TikTok cookie recipe. And for vegan blueberry cookies, just swap the butter and chocolate with plant-based alternatives.
What Do TikTok Blueberry Cookies Taste Like?
Blueberry cookies taste like the timeless blueberry muffin. Enjoy the best of both worlds because you’ll get the texture of a drop cookie with the irresistible sweet-tangy taste of blueberries!
These viral cookies are not just pretty for the Instagram feed, but they’ll also satisfy your sweet tooth.
The heavenly experience starts with soft, fluffy cookies with just the right crisp on the edges. But for me, the icing on the cake (or, in this case, cookies) was the rich white chocolate embedded within the purple bliss.
I’ve always loved fruity desserts (mixed berry dessert nachos, anyone?), but the chocolate chunks just take these treats to new heights.
Is This TikTok Blueberry Cookie Recipe Healthy?
If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, a cookie a day keeps the sadness away.
I doubt your doctor will support a cookie-based diet, so like with any dessert, these fancy blueberry cookies are best enjoyed in moderation.
They can be high in sugar and calories even though they feature antioxidant-packed blueberries. I know it’ll be hard (coming from experience 😝) not to overindulge, but be mindful of your portions when eating these cookies.
Another better way to enjoy these TikTok blueberry cookies is by making them vegan!
What Are The Benefits Of Blueberry Cookies?
These blueberry cookies are too tasty and easy for you not to try. With 7 simple ingredients and an electric mixer, you can bring your loved ones (or yourself 😉) to cookie heaven.
Say goodbye to boring chocolate chip cookies because this easy dessert recipe offers delightful contrasts of flavors and textures. They’re fluffy inside and crispy on the sides, and the combination of rich, buttery white chocolate is such a treat with the sweet, fruity taste of blueberries. 😋
And if you’re vegan, you can still join the fun because the delicious dessert can be made with plant-based butter!
Ingredients For TikTok Blueberry Cookies
- Blueberries – Who would’ve thought you could use frozen blueberries on cookies? Just add them after the butter mixture and before the dry ingredients.
- Salted butter – Instead of using salt and butter separately, we’ll just beat salted butter for this blueberry cookie recipe. Remember to bring it to room temperature so it’s easier to cream with the sugars.
- Granulated white sugar – To sweeten and make the blueberry cookies irresistibly snappy outside.
- Light brown sugar – The original recipe by @justine_snacks on TikTok does not use brown sugar to keep the cookie dough bright purple. But because I like the benefits of brown sugar on cookies, I added light brown sugar. And guess what? They still come out beautifully purple!
- All-purpose flour – Measure your flour with grams for accuracy, so for this recipe that uses 1 ½ cups of flour, you’ll need 180 grams of flour.
- Baking powder – This easy blueberry cookie recipe only needs baking powder. This is also the secret for the dough to puff up and create fluffy cookies!
- White chocolate bar – White chocolate (white chocolate chips or chopped bar) tastes and looks good with these purple delights. But for low-calorie options, you can also use nuts or flaxseeds instead.
Tools Needed To Prepare Blueberry Cookies
- Kitchen scale for measuring the flour accurately
- Parchment paper for lining the baking sheet
- Skillet for defrosting the frozen blueberries
- Stand mixer for mixing the cookie dough
- Mixing bowl for mixing the ingredients
- Rubber spatula for folding in the chopped white chocolate
- Cookie scoop for making the cookie dough balls
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For TikTok Blueberry Cookies
According to her, she intentionally used vegan butter because it’s light yellow and would keep the purple color of the cookie dough.
You can use other frozen berries as long as they’re not too big and heavy that they’ll sink to the bottom as the cookie bakes. For example, try frozen strawberries!
The cookies won’t be purple, but they’ll taste as good!
One of the best pairings for desserts is lemon and blueberry. I mean…have you ever tried lemon blueberry cheesecake? If not, you’re missing out!
For a citrus punch on your TikTok blueberry cookies, simply add a few drops of lemon extract to the dough. I find this more convenient than taking out my microplane just to get some lemon zest. 😅
How to Make TikTok Blueberry Cookies
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup white chocolate bar, chopped
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather and measure the ingredients for your blueberry cookies.
STEP 2: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
STEP 3: Thaw the frozen blueberries over medium-high heat. Once they’re mushy, remove from heat and set aside to cool down.
STEP 4: Beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Use a stand mixer.
STEP 5: Add the blueberries and mix on high speed. This step is crucial for fluffy cookies!
STEP 6: Add the flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Don’t overmix.
STEP 7: Fold the chopped white chocolate into the cookie dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until it firms up.
STEP 8: Portion the cookie dough with a cookie scoop. Arrange the cookie balls on the lined baking sheet.
STEP 9: Bake the blueberry cookies for 10 minutes or until the edges are crisp and slightly brown.
STEP 10: Remove the cookies from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
What To Serve With The Viral TikTok Blueberry Cookies
These blueberry cookies will be perfect with your favorite cup of tea or coffee after an exhausting day.
For summer, you can also try them with a glass of ice-cold milk or a vanilla milkshake.
But if you want to serve these TikTok blueberry cookies with other Internet sensations, browse our collection of viral TikTok recipes.
Some easy drinks I recommend for these fruit cookies are dalgona matcha (it’s basically dalgona coffee for green tea lovers) or a homemade salted caramel milkshake guaranteed to make you forget about fast food milkshakes. 😋
Tips About Making TikTok Blueberry Cookies
These blueberry cookies are as enjoyable to make as they are to eat. Don’t forget these tips to get the perfect purple cookies:
- To get accurate flour measurement and avoid cookie woes, use a kitchen scale to weigh your flour. This is also your sign to quit the habit of packing the flour into the scoop. 😅
- Add the blueberries AFTER the butter and BEFORE the flour mixture. Save your biceps and beat everything to perfection with an electric mixer.
- Because we’re using frozen blueberries in this TikTok cookie recipe, your dough will be soft. Firm it up in the fridge before scooping instead of trying to form balls from the slack dough.
How To Store TikTok Blueberry Cookies
These pretty purple cookies make the best gift idea. Here’s how to store them so you can make them in advance!
- Fridge: I prefer keeping these blueberry cookies at room temperature inside an airtight container. This is also why they’re perfect as gifts: they’re good for up to 5 days!
- Freezer: You can freeze the blueberry cookie dough balls for 6 months. Just wrap them in parchment paper and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to bake them.
Why Is My Blueberry Cookie Dough Runny?
Do not worry if your blueberry cookie dough is not pliable like normal cookie dough. Remember that you’re using frozen blueberries, so they’re adding more moisture.
I thought I did something wrong and even considered using fresh berries, haha. But as mentioned by @justine_snacks, the trick is to chill the dough first.
Once the dough has firmed up, it’ll be easier to scoop out the balls for the cookie sheet. This is also a better approach than scooping from a loose dough.
What Makes Blueberry Cookies Fluffy And Not Flat?
These TikTok blueberry cookies are blueberry muffins in cookie form, so they are perfectly crispy on the sides but soft and fluffy inside. To ensure that your cookies won’t turn out too flat and snappy, remember to mix the wet ingredients on high speed!
This way, the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and thawed blueberries will be fully combined, and the mixture will be aerated enough. However, remember not to overmix the dry ingredients into the blueberry-butter-sugar mixture. 😉
FAQ About The Viral Blueberry Cookies
How long do you bake TikTok blueberry cookies?
These blueberry cookies bake between 9 to 10 minutes, so adjust your baking time until the edges are crisp and light brown. Unlike your typical drop cookies, don’t expect these purple cookies to get as noticeably brown on the edges.
Can you use fresh blueberries for blueberry cookies?
The viral TikTok blueberry cookies use frozen blueberries because their moisture content is integral for the best cookie texture. Thawing frozen blueberries also makes them sweet and jammy, perfect for mixing with creamed butter instead of adding eggs.
Are TikTok blueberry cookies vegan?
These blueberry cookies can be vegan! In fact, the original blueberry cookie recipe by @justine_snacks uses plant-based olive oil butter.
- Gather and measure the ingredients for your blueberry cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thaw the frozen blueberries over medium-high heat. Once they're mushy, remove from heat and set aside to cool down.
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Use a stand mixer.
- Add the blueberries and mix on high speed. This step is crucial for fluffy cookies!
- Add the flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Don't overmix.
- Fold the chopped white chocolate into the cookie dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until it firms up.
- Portion the cookie dough with a cookie scoop. Arrange the cookie balls on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the blueberry cookies for 10 minutes or until the edges are crisp and slightly brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Weigh your flour to ensure accurate measurement. Additionally, never pack the flour down when you scoop it out.
- Add the blueberries AFTER mixing the butter and sugars. I recommend using an electric mixer to beat them at high speed.
- Your TikTok blueberry cookie dough will be soft because of the frozen blueberries. Just refrigerate it first so you can scoop out the dough balls easier.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
You can now enjoy your favorite blueberry muffin as snappy, fluffy cookies with luscious white chocolate. Your Instagram feed will also love their fun color!
This viral TikTok blueberry cookies recipe uses the magic of frozen blueberries to make perfect cookies even without eggs.
And best of all? You only need simple pantry staples to whip up this easy recipe!
Going down the cookie rabbit hole with these blueberry cookies? We have an array of recipes for you to explore! From chocolate chip cookies with a twist, cake mix crinkle cookies, to chewy chai spiced sugar cookies inspired by Taylor Swift’s Tumblr recipe, we got you: