This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This copycat Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait recipe is super easy and perfect for breakfast. Enjoy the delicious dessert you’ve been missing from Mcdonald’s in 2 minutes!
Are you missing Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait? Try this quick and easy copycat recipe with just a few ingredients!
This Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait recipe uses creamy vanilla yogurt, fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and crunchy granola. The contrast of textures, sweetness, and tanginess is so irresistible, like the crowd-favorite McDonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait.
It also only takes two minutes to make, so it’s the perfect sweet breakfast or snack when you’re in a rush.
What Is Mcdonald’s Yogurt Parfait?
Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait is a sweet and creamy dessert made by layering creamy yogurt and mixed sweet berries. It comes with a small granola packet, perfect for topping the parfait for added crunch.
It’s easy to eat on the go, so it’s the perfect breakfast when you’re craving something sweet. But what happened to McDonald’s parfait?
It was discontinued in 2020, so we created this easy copycat recipe you could make at home.
Try this Mcdonald’s-inspired fruit and yogurt parfait recipe, and you’ll also discover the best yogurt to achieve the sweet and creamy dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Have you ever missed the discontinued Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait so much that you thought of recreating the recipe at home? Try this easy 2-minute copycat Mcdonald’s parfait and satisfy your cravings!
- Quick and Easy: Enjoy the sweet and creamy Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait anytime in just two minutes. Just layer the yogurt and berries, then top with crunchy granola for an on-the-go breakfast.
- Crowd-Pleaser: Parfaits are just one of those irresistible desserts. The classic combination of mixed berries is a sure crowd-pleaser, but you can also customize this recipe with your favorite fruits.
- Healthy Alternative: This Mcdonald’s parfait recipe uses non-fat, gluten-free yogurt and fresh berries. Enjoy a healthier version of Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait guilt-free.
What Does Mcdonald’s Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Taste Like?
This copycat Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait is inspired by the creamy and sweet goodness of the fast food dessert.
Each spoonful features delicious yogurt, fresh fruits, and crunchy granola.
We’re using yogurt that tastes close to what Mcdonald’s uses. It has a perfect consistency and the right amount of sweetness from the vanilla.
I recommend fresh strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries, but frozen ones will also be yummy.
Finally, Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait is served with a pocket of granola, so make sure to sprinkle some before serving to keep them from getting soggy.
Is Mcdonald’s Parfait Healthy?
This Mcdonald’s parfait recipe is healthy because all the delicious flavors and textures are from the yogurt and fresh berries.
We’re not adding too much sugar or artificial flavorings.
You can use any light, non-fat yogurt you like, but Dannon is as sweet and creamy as the original Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait. And best of all, it’s gluten-free, diabetes-friendly, and 0% fat!
Now, for the delicious berries, fresh strawberries are rich in vitamin C, while blackberries are packed with antioxidants, and raspberries are high in fiber.
And to top off this quick and easy breakfast idea, granola is also protein-packed to help you start your day! Just remember to manage your portion size responsibly, like when enjoying any sweet breakfast item.
What Are The Benefits Of This Mcdonald’s Parfait Recipe?
The best thing about this Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait copycat recipe is it’s easy to make. In just two minutes, you have a delicious and healthy breakfast inspired by a fast-food restaurant favorite.
It also uses non-fat yogurt but is still as sweet and creamy as Mcdonald’s parfait.
Mixed berries are always delicious, but you can add other fruits and ingredients to customize this parfait recipe.
So if you have been craving something sweet, recreate Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait at home and treat yourself to a healthier alternative than store-bought ice cream.
Ingredients For Mcdonald’s Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- Vanilla yogurt – We’re using Dannon’s Light + Fit non-fat gluten-free vanilla Greek yogurt to achieve the sweet and creamy Mcdonald’s parfait. You can also try Yoplait, as some fans also compared it to the yogurt used by Mcdonald’s in their fruit and yogurt parfait.
- Granola – Add the crunchy and sweet granola topping to your parfait before serving. This brand doesn’t use high fructose corn syrup and artificial ingredients.
- Fresh strawberries – Remember that ripe strawberries smell sweet!
- Fresh blackberries – The best blackberries for this Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait recipe are shiny, plump, and the same color as an eggplant.
- Fresh raspberries – The original parfait uses strawberries and blueberries, but you should try how perfect the sweet-tart taste of raspberries and blackberries is for this copycat recipe.
- Mint leaves – An optional garnish for added color on the Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait before serving.
Tools Needed To Prepare Mcdonald’s Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- Knife for slicing the strawberries
- Glass for the parfait
- Spoon for scooping the yogurt into the glass
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Mcdonald’s Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
If you can’t have dairy, this customer favorite Mcdonald’s parfait recipe will be as delicious using dairy-free yogurt. Try a popular vanilla cashew milk yogurt that’s also gluten-free!
Want more sweetness to your homemade Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait? Drizzle it with some honey before serving.
If peaches are in season, they’ll also make an excellent addition to this copycat Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait. Choose peaches that smell sweet and are slightly soft to the touch for dreamy breakfast yogurt parfaits.
How to Make Mcdonald’s Yogurt Parfait
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp granola
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- Mint leaves for garnish
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for this copycat Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait recipe.
STEP 2: Slice the strawberries.
STEP 3: Arrange mixed berries on the bottom of a glass.
STEP 4: Top the berries with yogurt.
STEP 5: Layer strawberries around the glass.
STEP 6: Top the layer of strawberries with more yogurt.
STEP 7: Sprinkle some granola over the parfait.
STEP 8: Garnish with a mint leaf, and enjoy!
What To Serve With Mcdonald’s Yogurt Parfait
This sweet and creamy Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait will be a delicious breakfast with a peanut butter sandwich.
The creamy yogurt and sweet berries also pair well with pancakes and waffles for a filling breakfast menu.
But for breakfast on the go, you can always add more granola to your copycat Mcdonald’s parfait.
Other crunchy and filling toppings you could also try are whole grain cereal and Graham crackers.
It can be fun recreating discontinued popular menu items from fast-food chains. But for other copycat recipes, here are some easy ones you can try:
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte
- Copycat Olive Garden Steak Gorgonzola
- Copycat Chili’s Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Tips About Making Mcdonald’s Yogurt Parfait Recipe
Make the most of this delicious copycat McDonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait with these additional tips:
- Frozen mixed berries will also work for this recipe if you don’t have fresh berries. Just thaw them in the fridge before constructing your parfait.
- Add the granola before serving your Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait to keep them from getting soggy. If you’re making the parfait ahead of time, store it without the granola.
- You can also use any Greek yogurt for this recipe. Mix it with some vanilla extract and maple syrup for a sweeter taste, like the Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait.
How To Store Mcdonald’s Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
You can make batches of parfait in advance. Here’s the best way to store this sweet and creamy dessert from Mcdonald’s slimmed-down menu:
Fridge: Make the parfait in individual parfait glasses or airtight containers. After securing their lids, store them in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Remember to only add the granola right before serving to keep them crunchy. However, freezing your parfait won’t be a good idea because the yogurt can separate.
Does Mcdonald’s Still Have Yogurt Parfaits?
Mcdonald’s has discontinued their yogurt parfaits since 2020. It’s among the iconic offerings removed from the menu.
Besides yogurt parfaits, the other limited-time offerings from Mcdonald’s that are no longer available are their grilled chicken sandwiches and salads.
How To Make Mcdonald’s Fruit And Yogurt Parfait?
Mcdonalds parfait recipe is super easy to make. You only need to layer berries and yogurt, then top the parfait off with crunchy granola.
This recipe uses strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries, but you can also go with just strawberries and blueberries, like the famous snack.
Is Mcdonald’s Yogurt Parfait Healthy?
Mcdonalds yogurt parfait can be a healthy breakfast because you can use non-fat yogurt and fresh fruits. You can also choose granola that is free from artificial ingredients.
Avoid added sugars and processed toppings to keep your copycat Mcdonald’s parfait healthy.
Click here to watch the web story for this blog post.
FAQ About Mcdonald’s Yogurt Parfait
What yogurt does McDonald’s use for parfaits?
Did McDonald’s discontinue fruit and yogurt parfait?
Yes, McDonald’s has discontinued their yogurt parfait. It was a part of their menu cut last 2020, along with other limited-time menu items like the spicy chicken McNuggets.
What are the ingredients in Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait?
This easy and delicious Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait uses light, non-fat vanilla yogurt and fresh fruits like strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. Don’t forget to add spoonfuls of granola right before serving for the crunch!
Mcdonald's Yogurt Parfait
This Mcdonald's yogurt parfait recipe is so easy and perfect for breakfast. Enjoy the delicious dessert you’ve been missing from Mcdonald’s in 2 minutes!
- Gather the ingredients for this copycat Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait recipe.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Arrange mixed berries on the bottom of a glass.
- Top the berries with yogurt.
- Layer strawberries around the glass.
- Top with more yogurt.
- Sprinkle some granola over the parfait.
- Garnish with a mint leaf, and enjoy!
- You can also use frozen mixed berries for this Mcdonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait recipe.
- If you’re making this yogurt parfait for breakfast, add the granola before serving to keep them crunchy.
- If vanilla yogurt is unavailable, you can use Greek yogurt mixed with vanilla extract and maple syrup for a sweeter taste, like Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
It only takes two minutes to enjoy Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait at home!
This copycat recipe uses non-fat yogurt, fresh fruits, and crunchy granola for a healthy but delicious breakfast.
If you have parfait jars, you can make your fruit and yogurt parfait in advance. Just add the granola right before serving for the crunch.
Craving for more fruity desserts? You’ll love these easy recipes: