This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
Custard yogurt toast is a breakfast and dessert in one. In just 15 minutes, enjoy perfectly crisp air fryer toast topped with yogurt custard and mixed berries!
You need to try the trending custard yogurt toast from TikTok ASAP. It’s a breakfast toast that tastes like dessert!
Ditch the French toast because the custard toast is every sweet tooth’s dream toast. Imagine a soft slice of bread toasted until the edges are brown and lightly crispy.
And the rich and creamy custard in the center of the toast? It’s made easy for busy mornings because you only need to mix yogurt and egg!
What Is Custard Yogurt Toast?
Custard yogurt toast is literally toasted bread topped with custard made from yogurt and egg.
It’s the next best thing since French toast, and I think it’s fair to call it a leveled-up French toast.
Have a delicious excuse to eat dessert for breakfast regardless of how busy you are because this air fryer toast is ready in just 15 minutes.
The result does not taste eggy, and you can modify the recipe with different flavorings and toppings.
The TikTok custard toast uses an air fryer, but if you don’t have one, I got you!
I’ve included the oven temperature and time settings below, so you can still enjoy the Internet’s favorite toast at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Custard yogurt toast will be your new favorite breakfast (or snack, this is a judgment-free zone!) But if you need more convincing, here are the best things about the viral toast:
- Easy: The yogurt custard toast is easier to make than French toast because there’s no soaking and pan-frying! That means fewer dishes to wash and more time to prepare for other things in the morning.
- Delicious: The TikTok custard toast is essentially a dessert with its creamy custard center and mixed berry topping on a perfectly toasted slice of bread. No lumpy and eggy custard here!
- Customizable: The best thing about this viral TikTok recipe is you can customize it to your heart’s content. Add other flavors and textures to the custard, switch up the toppings with seasonal fruits, or use your favorite bread for the toast. 🤤
What Does The TikTok Custard Toast Taste Like?
The custard yogurt toast is like a leveled-up French toast. It’s a crowd-pleasing combination of perfectly toasted bread with crisp, brown edges and a generous serving of creamy custard in the center.
You can use any toppings you like, but the sweet-tart mixed berries are just a tried and tested pairing to the yogurt-egg custard. The berries and custard combo reminds me of a cheesecake and yogurt parfait! 🤤
The star of this breakfast-dessert hybrid is the custard because it does not taste like sweet scrambled eggs.
Adding the yogurt makes it creamier, and if you use Greek yogurt, you’ll also love its tanginess against the rich custard. Of course, don’t forget to add a sweetener to keep your custard from tasting eggy.
I used honey and even added some cinnamon, which is a great way to start the day. The toasted bread and cinnamon aroma in the morning will lift your mood.
Is Yogurt Custard Toast Healthy?
Another thing that I love about the TikTok custard toast is how the custard is only made from egg, yogurt, and your choice of sweetener without needing loads of sugar, cream, and butter.
This makes this recipe a sweet breakfast idea that’s not overloaded with sugars and fats.
And more than the tanginess and creaminess it adds to the recipe, Greek yogurt also offers many health benefits as it’s high in protein and a rich source of calcium.
I haven’t tried it myself, but my friend mentioned she had used plant-based yogurt on her custard toast before. It’s something you can consider if you don’t want to use dairy yogurt.
Anyway, I’m not saying that the viral TikTok custard toast is the healthiest way to start the day, but it’s a great breakfast to satisfy your early morning sweet tooth without relying too much on sugars and butter.
What Are The Benefits Of The Viral TikTok Custard Yogurt Toast Recipe?
The custard yogurt toast is an easy way to take your boring slice of bread to the next level.
It’s like a fancier take on French toast without relying on sugar, butter, and milk.
The sky is also the limit when it comes to customizing this recipe. Switch up the bread, yogurt, sweetener, and toppings, or add other ingredients to the custard base!
And best of all, you can make the baked yogurt toast in the oven or air fryer!
Ingredients For Custard Yogurt Toast
- White bread – You can use any soft bread thick enough to hold the yogurt custard. I chose white sandwich bread because it’s very easy to find.
- Greek yogurt – Yogurt adds creaminess to the custard. You can use any regular yogurt, but Greek yogurt just adds a delicious tang to the custard.
- Egg – Make sure you mix the egg, yogurt, and honey until smooth and lump-free!
- Honey – We’ll use a drizzle of honey to sweeten the yogurt mixture and keep it from tasting like scrambled eggs. Use as much as you want!
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is optional, but the aroma it adds to the toasted bread slices with creamy custard is just irresistible.
- Raspberries for toppings – The sweet and tart raspberries perfectly contrast the decadent custard yogurt toast. 😋
- Blueberries for toppings – Try this recipe with juicy blueberries or any of your favorite berries! You can also swap with frozen berries if fresh ones are unavailable.
Tools Needed To Prepare Custard Yogurt Toast
- Fork for pressing down on the bread slices
- Whisk for mixing the yogurt custard
- Mixing bowl for mixing the ingredients
- Air fryer for baking the TikTok custard toast
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Custard Yogurt Toast
The viral custard yogurt toast can be made with any piece of bread. If you like your toast to be slightly crunchy outside but fluffy in the center, I recommend a ¾-inch thick brioche.
Add more interesting flavor notes to your yogurt custard toast. For example, stir some almond butter in the yogurt custard mixture for a nutty flavor! 😋
Besides cinnamon, I love adding some vanilla extract to my custard yogurt. It also helps mask the smell of raw egg and perfectly accompanies the overall sweetness of the custard toast.
How to Make Custard Yogurt Toast
- 2 slices white bread
- 5 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Raspberries for toppings
- Blueberries for toppings
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather all the ingredients for your custard yogurt toast. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
STEP 2: Press the center of the bread slices with a fork to create indentations for the yogurt custard. Set aside.
STEP 3: Make the yogurt custard by whisking the yogurt, egg, honey, and cinnamon together until smooth.
STEP 4: Pour the custard yogurt into the indentations of the bread slices and spread evenly.
STEP 5: Top each bread slice with mixed berries.
STEP 6: Air fry the yogurt custard toast slices for 5 to 12 minutes, depending on your air fryer strength.
STEP 7: Your custard yogurt toast is done once the custard has set, and the edges of the bread are toasted and brown.
What To Serve With TikTok Custard Toast
This custard yogurt toast is already very filling. Just serve it with green tea or freshly brewed coffee, and I guarantee you’ll be starting your day right!
If you’re also like me, who tends to look for something salty when eating something sweet, I recommend frying a couple of slices of bacon as the sides for your warm custard toast.
And as a bonus, you can visit our collection of the best and tastiest viral TikTok recipes.
Tips About Making Yogurt Custard Toast
Make the most of the viral TikTok custard toast with these tips on what toppings to pick and how to avoid burnt toast and undercooked custard.
- Any soft bread you can press in the center will work for the custard yogurt toast (white bread or brioche are my top picks.) Make sure the slices are also at least ½ inch thick for the perfect crisp edges, and keep the custard from oozing through.
- Adjust the cooking time of your yogurt custard toast depending on your oven or air fryer strength. The custard will be slightly jiggly when set, and the sides of the bread will be nice and toasty. (They should be brown, not black!)
- You’re not limited to mixed fresh berries as toppings. Other fresh or frozen fruits like peaches or toppings like white chocolate chips will be delightful over the yogurt custard toast!
How To Store Yogurt Custard Toast
You can refrigerate your yogurt custard toast if you have leftovers. These storage tips will also be helpful if you want to make the viral TikTok custard toast in advance:
- Fridge: Transfer your custard toast to an airtight container and refrigerate. I recommend consuming after a day or two for the best taste and texture.
- Freezer: Since this custard yogurt toast only lasts a few days in the fridge, you can assume it wouldn’t hold up well when frozen and defrosted.
- Reheating: You can reheat your leftover toast in the oven until warm at 325ºF. But honestly, I don’t mind eating it straight out of the fridge because it still tastes good cold! 🤣
What Kind Of Bread Should I Use For Custard Yogurt Toast?
I recommend white bread or brioche for custard yogurt toast because they’re soft enough for you to make an indentation in the middle. However, the slices of bread should be thick enough, around ½ inches, to keep the custard from seeping through.
How To Tell When The Yogurt Custard Toast Is Ready?
Your custard yogurt toast is ready when the edges of the bread are brown and toasty. They should be slightly crispy but not burnt. The yogurt custard has also set when it’s jiggly and doesn’t look wet.
FAQ About Custard Yogurt Toast
Can I make custard yogurt toast ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can make it the night before so it’s ready for breakfast the next day. However, you only want to keep the yogurt custard toast in the fridge for a day or two for the best taste and texture.
Can you make custard yogurt toast in the oven?
If you don’t have an air fryer, just preheat your oven to 350°F and place the custard toast on your lined baking sheet. Bake in the middle rack for 12 minutes or until the custard sets, then cool for 5 minutes before serving.
What other toppings can I use for custard yogurt toast?
- Gather all the ingredients for your custard yogurt toast. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Press the center of the bread slices with the back of a spoon to create indentations for the yogurt custard. Set aside.
- Make the yogurt custard by whisking the yogurt, egg, honey, and cinnamon together until smooth.
- Pour the custard yogurt into the indentations of the bread slices and spread evenly.
- Top each bread slice with mixed berries.
- Air fry the yogurt custard toast slices for 5 to 12 minutes, depending on your air fryer strength.
- Your custard yogurt toast is done once the custard has set, and the edges of the bread are toasted and brown.
- You can use any soft bread for your yogurt custard toast, but make sure the slices are at least ½ inch thick.
- The custard yogurt toast slices are done once the edges of the bread have browned and the custard has turned slightly jiggly.
- Experiment with different toppings like peaches or white chocolate chips on your yogurt custard toast!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 23gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
The custard yogurt toast is a viral TikTok recipe worth the hype.
The perfectly toasted air fryer toast topped with creamy custard and fresh fruits is way better than French toast, which can sometimes taste eggy.
It’s finished in 15 minutes, and you can choose the base ingredients and toppings to modify the recipe. Try it with brioche, non-dairy yogurt, seasonal fruits, nuts, chocolate, or cinnamon. Honestly, the sky is the limit with your favorite toppings!
If you love this yogurt custard toast, here are other recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings in the morning: