This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These Instant Pot chicken bites are crispy, well-seasoned, and unbelievably easy! They come together in just 30 minutes using 7 simple ingredients.
Say goodbye to ultra-processed chicken nuggets and make these delicious Instant Pot chicken bites instead!
They’re quick and easy to make using basic ingredients that are likely already in your pantry.
Transform boring chicken breasts into crispy, juicy chicken cubes seasoned to perfection. 😋
But the best part? These chicken bites are cooked in the Instant Pot!
Make your taste buds (and heart) happy with these tasty Instant Pot chicken nuggets that aren’t deep-fried in grease.
What Are Chicken Bites?
Chicken bites are fried cubed chicken breasts, so it’s fair to say that you can also just call them chicken nuggets.
The chicken chunks can be fried in a hot pan or cooked in the air fryer or oven. However, there is a more effortless way to make these homemade chicken nuggets.
I present you Instant Pot chicken bites!
Yup, the ever-versatile multi-cooker can also give you crisp, juicy, and dangerously addictive chicken bites.
You have two ways to make chicken bites in Instant Pot.
First, you can purchase an air fryer lid plus basket combo to transform your pressure cooker into an air fryer, or just get the Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer and Electric Pressure Cooker Combo (Whew! That’s a long name!)
Discovering that it’s possible to fry in the Instant Pot is definitely a game changer because this means you don’t need multiple appliances! You’ll get to save on budget and kitchen space.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Try this simple and fuss-free recipe now and get these perks:
- Basic Ingredients: You only need 7 simple ingredients to whip up these highly addictive chicken bites at home! Try different spices and seasonings for your chicken chunks and surprise yourself with a delicious discovery.
- Hassle-Free Chicken Nuggets: Forget about deep-fried chicken bites that are messy and scary to cook (I hate oil splatters! 😣). Making chicken bites in Instant Pot means minimal prep work and easy clean-up.
- Versatile Recipe: These well-seasoned, crispy chicken breast cubes can be your dinner on a busy weekday or appetizers at your next party. They also easily pair with just about anything, from hearty sides to fill you up or savory dips to curb your take-out cravings.
What Do Instant Pot Chicken Bites Taste Like?
These Instant Pot chicken bites are flavor-packed, juicy, and perfectly tender!
The simple combination of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika is the perfect blend of savory, umami, and just the right amount of heat.
The chicken bites are also a joy to bite because they’re meaty and free from additives, unlike those ultra-processed chicken nuggets from the store.
Do not be intimidated by chicken breasts because cutting them into cubes ensures even cooking. No dry, bland chicken nuggets here!
And since we’re making chicken bites in Instant Pot, it eliminates the guesswork. Just let Instant Pot do its magic and stir the tasty chunks of chicken once you see “Turn Food” on display.
Are Chicken Bites In Instant Pot Healthy?
We’re using chicken breast cubes for these Instant Pot chicken bites, so every piece is packed with protein.
These homemade chicken nuggets are also more heart-healthy than your usual deep-fried chicken chunks because they’re cooked in the Instant Pot without oil!
But to make a more wholesome meal, serve your diced chicken with assorted roasted vegetables, brown or white rice, or tossed green salad.
You can even make a hearty bowl with these chicken bites. If you love Asian flavors, use our chicken teriyaki pineapple bowl as inspiration! 🤤
What Are The Benefits Of Instant Pot Chicken Nuggets?
These Instant Pot chicken bites are the perfect substitute for store-bought chicken nuggets and fast-food takeouts!
They’re hassle-free to make, ready in just 30 minutes and don’t need special ingredients.
If you’re also like me who hate frying because of the mess (and to be honest, I’m scared of oil splatters 😅), then making chicken bites in Instant Pot is perfect for you.
After seasoning the cubed chicken breasts, just arrange them in your Instant Pot, and it will even tell you when to stir the chicken bites to ensure they’re cooked perfectly!
You can serve these chicken chunks as appetizers with your favorite dip or add them to your meal plan for protein. 💪
Ingredients For Chicken Bites Instant Pot Recipe
- Chicken breasts – We’ll use boneless and skinless chicken breasts for our Instant Pot chicken nuggets.
- Cornstarch – This gives our chicken bites a crisp coating.
- Garlic powder – You can adjust the amount of garlic powder according to preference.
- Onion powder – This savory seasoning just pairs well with our tender, juicy chicken bites.
- Paprika – Mix and match different seasonings to make your chicken bites extra tasty. The mild flavor of paprika gives depth to the taste of these chicken cubes, so they’re not just salty.
- Salt – You can never go wrong with the OG pairing of salt and pepper for chicken bites.
- Ground black pepper – Feel free to use hotter peppers to season your chicken bites.
Tools Needed To Prepare Chicken Bites Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp for cooking our chicken bites
- Knife for slicing the chicken breasts into cubes
- Bowl for combining the seasonings
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Chicken Bites
This Instant Pot chicken bites recipe also works with dark meat. Swap chicken breasts with boneless skinless chicken thighs! 🤤
Panko bread crumbs
After seasoning your chicken chunks, dampen them with some cold water and sprinkle the chicken bites with panko bread crumbs!
This gives them a crunchier coating, perfect for curbing those fast-food fried chicken cravings.
How to Make Chicken Bites In Instant Pot
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch wide strips, then slice them horizontally, about 1/2 inch apart, to make the chicken cubes.
STEP 2: For the crisp coating, combine your cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Toss your chicken bites into the seasoning mixture until they’re evenly coated.
STEP 3: Place the air fryer basket inside the Instant Pot Duo Crisp. Arrange your chicken bites inside.
STEP 4: Put the air frying lid on the Instant Pot. Set the temperature to 400°F for 10 minutes.
STEP 5: When the Instant Pot displays “Turn Food,” open the lid and turn the chicken bites to ensure they cook evenly. Close the lid and continue cooking to finish the 10-minute cycle.
STEP 6: After the first cooking cycle, stir the chicken bites again. Cook for another 10 minutes at 400°F.
STEP 7: When the Instant Pot displays “Turn Food” in the middle of this second cooking cycle, open the lid and turn the chicken bites again.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken Bites
Other than the fact that these chicken bites in Instant Pot are oh-so-easy to make, I love how they can pair with just about anything!
Serve your chicken bites with rice, noodles, or mixed veggies for a satisfying meal.
If you would rather demolish these chicken nuggets as snacks or appetizers, they’re also delicious with gravy or honey mustard. 🤤
But since you won’t break a sweat with the prep work for these Instant Pot chicken nuggets, consider other delicious recipes that you can also make at home.
Use these chicken bites in our red velvet waffles and chicken recipe! It’s a delicious but fun twist on classic chicken and waffles.
And for pasta lovers, I got you! You’ll love our French onion pasta, which is basically the classic comforting soup in pasta form!
Tips About Making Chicken Bites In Instant Pot
Here are some helpful tips for making Instant Pot chicken bites:
- You’ll have an easier time cutting your chicken breasts into cubes if you use frozen chicken.
- To ensure that your chicken bites are done, check them with a meat thermometer! The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 165°F for cooked poultry.
- This chicken bites recipe also works with pan-frying using canola oil. Cook the chicken cubes in a single layer for 4 minutes, stir, and continue frying for 10 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
How To Store Instant Pot Chicken Nuggets
- Fridge: After cooling down, transfer your chicken bites to an airtight container and refrigerate. I suggest using the leftovers within 3 to 4 days.
- Freezer: You can also freeze these Instant Pot chicken bites for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container!
- Reheating: To keep them from drying out, reheat these chicken bites in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 350°F or until heated through.
Does Chicken Need to Be Covered with Liquid in Instant Pot?
Chicken does not need to be fully submerged in liquid when you cook it in the Instant Pot. You also want to use a trivet when cooking chicken in the Instant Pot so it’s not boiled in the liquid.
For quick and easy Instant Pot chicken breasts, you can use a cup of liquid for 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Can You Put Frozen Chicken in Instant Pot?
Absolutely! You can cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot. The only difference is pressure cooking them for longer, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
Can I Put Chicken on Top of Each Other in Instant Pot?
You can definitely stack chicken on top of each other in the Instant Pot. Another technique to ensure even cooking, especially with chicken breasts, is to stack them cross-way on top of the trivet.
How to Cube Chicken
It’s pretty easy to cut chicken breasts into cubes. Use a sharp knife and freeze the chicken breasts for half an hour before slicing them.
Cut one boneless chicken breast in half lengthwise. Then, slice the halves into strips.
Stack the strips, and cut the chicken pieces into 1/2-inch squares to finish.
But for those who don’t feel like preparing and cutting their chicken breasts, I have a must-try recipe for you.
Transform them into the viral juicy chicken 101, the juiciest, best-tasting chicken breasts you’ll ever cook.
How to Keep Nuggets Crispy
Want to keep your chicken nuggets warm and crispy? After heating them in the microwave, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil!
Place the wrapped nuggets in an insulated container, and they should stay nice and crispy.
FAQ About Chicken Bites
Why does chicken get rubbery in Instant Pot?
Chicken can get rubbery in the Instant Pot if you overcooked it. It’s also important to use the correct venting setting so the chicken won’t turn out rubbery.
How long to cook chicken bites in air fryer?
If you want to make air fryer chicken bites, cook them for 12 minutes at 380°F. You can always check their internal temperature to know if they’re done.
What can I make with diced chicken?
Diced chicken breasts like these Instant Pot chicken bites are super versatile. Use them as a protein boost to your salad or rice bowl, as meat for your favorite tortilla or sandwich, or simply enjoy them with hot sauce or gravy for a quick and easy appetizer.
How long to cook diced chicken in oven?
The cooking time for diced chicken in the oven preheated to 425°F is 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch wide strips, then slice them horizontally, about 1/2 inch apart, to make the chicken cubes.
- For the crisp coating, combine your cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Toss your chicken bites into the seasoning mixture until they're evenly coated.
- Place the air fryer basket inside the Instant Pot Duo Crisp. Arrange your chicken bites inside.
- Put the air frying lid on the Instant Pot. Set the temperature to 400°F for 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot displays "Turn Food," open the lid and turn the chicken bites to ensure they cook evenly. Close the lid and continue cooking to finish the 10-minute cycle.
- After the first cooking cycle, stir the chicken bites again. Cook for another 10 minutes at 400°F.
- When the Instant Pot displays "Turn Food" in the middle of this second cooking cycle, open the lid and turn the chicken bites again.
- The trick to cutting your chicken breasts easily is using frozen chicken and a sharp knife! Make sure to slice your chicken bites evenly so they will all cook at the same time.
- Unsure if your Instant Pot chicken bites are done? Check them with a meat thermometer before serving! The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 165°F for cooked poultry.
- You can also pan-fry these chicken bites in canola oil. Cook the chicken cubes in a single layer for 4 minutes, stir, and continue frying for 10 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 33g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
What’s better than fried chicken? Bite-sized fried chicken!
But forget about ultra-processed nuggets and make these Instant Pot chicken bites for a change.
They’re as easy as cutting the chicken into bite-size cubes, seasoning them with simple ingredients, and then letting the Instant Pot Duo Crisp do the work.
It’ll even display when you need to turn the chicken! How simple is that?
Make the most of your Instant Pot and whip up anything from appetizers, main dishes, to desserts! Here are some of our favorite Instant Pot recipes, perfect even for busy weeknight dinners:
- Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- Instant Pot Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- Delicious Instant Pot Brownie Bites Recipe
PIN FOR LATER!