This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
If there’s a chicken recipe everyone should know how to make, it’s the viral juicy chicken 101. Make foolproof chicken breasts that are always juicy and yummy!
Cooking chicken breasts has never been this easy, thanks to the trending juicy chicken 101 recipe from TikTok.
When I saw that it’s described as the only chicken recipe you’ll ever need, I just had to try it for myself. And the results?
The chicken breasts came out amazing!
Discover how to get consistently moist and flavorful chicken breasts EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
And because I know cooking chicken breasts can be frustrating, I’ve also researched for the best temperature and techniques to help you bid farewell to rubbery chicken!
What Is Juicy Chicken 101?
Juicy chicken 101 is TikTok’s trending recipe for the juiciest and most flavorful chicken breasts. Many have sworn by this recipe exclaiming, “If you’re not making your chicken this way, what are you even doing?!”
The recipe is simple: season the chicken breasts with ingredients likely already in your kitchen, fry one side in hot oil for a few minutes, then finish in the oven.
There’s no reason not to jump on the juicy chicken 101 bandwagon because of how easy it is. And if you’re curious if the chicken came out as good as its rave review, IT DOES!
I also discovered the reasons why the recipe works every time. So for those doubting the juicy chicken, then keep on reading!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple And Easy: Enjoy flavorful, juicy chicken using only six ingredients! The cooking techniques and timings are also fool-proof and fuss-free.
- Perfectly Cooked Chicken: This recipe makes it possible to cook chicken breasts perfectly at home. No more undercooked and overcooked chicken!
- Versatile Recipe: Moist and tender chicken meat just goes well with everything. Pair it with salads, pasta, or bread for a filling brunch or dinner.
What Does The Viral Juicy Chicken 101 Taste Like?
The trending TikTok juicy chicken 101 instantly became a hit because it tastes absolutely delicious!
The combination of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder creates a heavenly umami and slightly sweet crust around the juicy white meat.
I love how the simple seasonings form a depth of flavor, so the chicken tastes good on its own but would also be delicious as protein in other dishes.
But more than the reddish-golden seared exterior of the chicken breasts, the best feature of the dish is the moist and tender meat! This juicy chicken 101 recipe is the perfect gateway dish to make you appreciate lean, white meat.
Is The Juicy Chicken Recipe Healthy?
The juicy chicken 101 is a good source of protein, and the chicken breast itself is healthier than other cuts of chicken because of the lower fat content.
The viral recipe also uses skinless chicken breast, which makes it better if you’re being mindful of the saturated fat and calories in your diet.
Overall, it’s a fantastic dish to partner with healthy meals to ensure you’re getting the recommended daily nutrients. The protein-packed lean meat should also make you full for longer, which can eliminate the urge to overindulge in unhealthy snacks.
Coming from someone currently happy with her weight, I can vouch that picking filling and delicious meals are more helpful in managing cravings than treating all foods as the “enemy.”
Now, while we’re talking about scrumptious, flavorsome chicken recipes, there’s something else you can explore.
For those particularly interested in gluten-free options, we recommend checking out this Chicken Wing Marinade recipe. The simple, healthy, and incredibly tasty recipe makes for a perfect meal option.”
What Are The Benefits Of The Trending Juicy Chicken 101?
If you’re tired of boring, rubbery, and dry chicken breasts, try this juicy chicken 101 recipe ASAP!
You can transform the chicken breasts you usually ignore into a tasty main dish with simple ingredients. And best of all, it’s not complicated to make, so even lazy and impatient cooks have no reasons not to make the juicy chicken recipe.
Gone are the days when you’re anxious about frying and baking chicken breasts because they come out undercooked or overcooked.
Take your chicken breasts to the next level by searing them quickly to form a delicious crust of seasoning. Then, transform them into mouth-watering, juicy chicken perfection in the oven.
This method creates a slightly crispy exterior of seasonings with tender meat inside.
Ingredients For Juicy Chicken 101
- Chicken breasts – This juicy chicken recipe is perfect for boneless skinless chicken breast. The double-cooking technique will make the meat moist and tender!
- Sunflower oil – The neutral-tasting sunflower oil will allow the seasonings to showcase their delicious flavors in the juicy chicken. It’s also perfect for high-heat cooking, so the chicken won’t come out burned with an unpleasant taste.
- Salt – Use as much salt according to your preference.
- Pepper – Black pepper is a classic seasoning that will add an earthy kick to your juicy chicken.
- Paprika – I’ve used sweet paprika for this recipe to add depth to the chicken’s flavor. It also gives the dish its mouthwatering reddish-golden color.
- Garlic powder – A pantry staple, garlic powder will always taste and smell delightful in any protein dish.
Tools Needed To Prepare Juicy Chicken 101
- Paper towels for patting the chicken breasts dry
- Oven-safe cast iron pan for frying the chicken breasts to give them the delicious crust of seasonings
- Meat thermometer for measuring the internal temperature of the baked chicken breasts
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Juicy Chicken 101
You can use regular salt to season the raw chicken breasts, but why not take it up a notch in the flavor scale with flavored salt? One of my favorites is garlic salt, especially when pairing juicy chicken breasts with cheesy recipes!
If you love the smell and taste of citrus on your white meat, replace pepper with lemon pepper! I recently discovered this seasoning, and when I tried it in the chicken’s dry rub, it gave the chicken a delicious zesty-savory flavor!
This versatile juicy chicken 101 recipe will pair well with different dishes. But if you want to serve it as the main dish alone, top it with fresh lemon juice to give it some vibrancy.
It’s also a bonus that lemon juice tenderizes the meat!
How to Make Juicy Chicken 101
- 3 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather all the ingredients for the trending juicy chicken 101.
STEP 2: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
STEP 3: Heat the sunflower oil in an oven-safe cast iron pan over medium heat.
STEP 4: Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
STEP 5: Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. You can be as generous as you want with the seasonings!
STEP 6: Once the oil is sizzling hot, fry one side of the chicken breasts for 5 minutes. This will form the flavorful crust on the chicken.
STEP 7: Flip the chicken breasts and immediately transfer the cast iron pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven. Cook for 13 minutes, but you can adjust the time until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F.
STEP 8: Let the chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy the ultimate juicy chicken recipe!
What To Serve With Juicy Chicken
TikTok’s juicy chicken 101 is delicious on its own, but it also pairs well with other dishes that need protein.
For example, you can never go wrong with pairing tender and juicy chicken breast slices with creamy mushroom pasta or mixed green salad.
The tasty and lightly crispy crust outside the chicken will also give roasted vegetables the flavor boost they need.
Just imagine the contrast between the umami white meat and roasted Brussels sprouts!
And if you’re pleased with how your chicken breasts turn out after following a TikTok cooking hack, why not serve this dish with other trending recipes?
Here are some shockingly good dishes that live up to the hype!
Tips About Making The Juiciest Chicken Every Time
I was pleasantly surprised that this recipe’s double-cooking method successfully produced juicy chicken breasts.
As someone who’s not that skilled with her cooking abilities, I want to share some additional tips that have helped me cook juicy chicken every time.
- To help you avoid serving your loved ones undercooked chicken sushi (yikes!), insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken breast after it comes out of the oven. A perfectly cooked chicken should reach 165°F.
- After frying for 5 minutes, flip the chicken breasts and immediately set the pan on the oven’s middle rack to finish searing the other side without drying the meat. You must choose the middle rack because it receives heat evenly for the perfectly cooked white meat.
- Give the dish a rest! After baking, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing, so the delicious juices can recirculate in the meat and keep it from drying out.
How To Store Juicy Chicken
If you have leftover chicken, will it still be as good after storage? Follow these storage tips to keep the delicious chicken moist and tender:
- Fridge: Transfer the baked chicken breasts to an airtight container after cooling. Store them in the fridge and consume them within four days for the best quality!
- Freezer: You can freeze the sliced baked chicken breasts in a secured, freezer-safe container for two to three months.
- Reheating: Bring juicy chicken 101 to room temperature and reheat in an oven preheated to 375°F. Put the chicken in a glass baking dish with some oil, then cover it with tin foil.
Cook for 10 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. You can also check the internal temperature until it reaches the safe temperature of 165°F.
What Is The Secret To Juicy Chicken?
Through experience, the secret to juicy chicken breasts is simple: never overcook them and stop once they reach the correct temperature. And no matter how excited you are, don’t slice the baked chicken breasts immediately to lock in all the amazing juices within the meat.
How Do Restaurants Make Chicken So Tender And Juicy?
You can achieve restaurant-quality tender and juicy chicken with these tips:
- Use boneless chicken
- If needed, pound the meat with a meat mallet to ensure even cooking
- Tenderize the chicken by marinating it in something acidic
- Cook the chicken at medium-high heat, typically between 325 to 425°F.
FAQ About Juicy Chicken 101
What is the best temp for juicy chicken?
The perfect cooking temperature for juicy chicken is 165°F. After baking, you can check your meat with a food thermometer.
Why is my chicken juicy but tough?
Overcooked chicken breasts will come out dry. You should also pound the meat if it’s uneven, or you might get some areas that are juicy while some parts are tough.
How do you know if the chicken is overcooked?
Overcooked chicken breasts will come out dry and tough, almost like sawdust. Never exceed the recommended cooking temperature, not just for tender and juicy chicken but also for food safety.
- Gather all the ingredients for the trending juicy chicken 101.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the sunflower oil in an oven-safe cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. You can be as generous as you want with the seasonings!
- Once the oil is sizzling hot, fry one side of the chicken breasts for 5 minutes. This will form the flavorful crust on the chicken.
- Flip the chicken breasts and immediately transfer the cast iron pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven. Cook for 13 minutes, but you can adjust the time until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let the chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy the ultimate juicy chicken recipe!
- Chicken breasts vary in size, so they’ll also differ in cooking time. To ensure your chicken is perfectly cooked, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast. It should reach 165°F.
- Putting the cast iron pan in the oven’s middle rack is important to get evenly cooked meat. This place receives uniform heat distribution, and there’s also enough room for hot air to flow.
- Let the baked chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes! This is an essential step so the juices within the meat recirculate and create the juiciest chicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 14g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
If you’re tired of dry and rubbery chicken breasts, try this juicy chicken 101 inspired by sammypur’s viral TikTok recipe!
When I saw other people raving about how this is the only chicken recipe you’ll need, I knew I had to try it. Chicken breasts tend to come out bland and tough, but this is a game-changer among chicken breast recipes!
I used my pantry seasonings for the dry rub, quickly fried one side of the chicken breasts, flipped them, and finished in the oven.
Then, the most crucial part is to let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
I promise you the juiciest and tastiest chicken breast! Winner winner chicken dinner!
Make this easy and fool-proof juicy chicken now! And while you’re at it, save these other quick and tasty chicken recipes because I’m sure you’ll also love them: