This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These peach cobbler egg rolls are crispy, handheld peach cobbler desserts covered in cinnamon sugar. Try this easy recipe on the stovetop, air fryer, or oven!
When it comes to comforting desserts, we can’t deny that peach cobbler earns a spot at the top. The combo of sweet, juicy peaches and warm, buttery biscuit batter topping is simply irresistible.
But what if we put the luscious peaches of a peach cobbler inside a warm, crispy, golden-brown shell?
These peach cobbler egg rolls put a delightful twist on the nostalgic peach cobbler dessert by making them handheld. Move over meat and veggies; caramelized peaches are taking over egg rolls! 🍑
Oh, and did I mention you can use canned or frozen peaches in this recipe? You can even choose to deep fry, air fry, or bake them!
What Are Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls?
Peach cobbler egg rolls swap the crumbly biscuit topping of a classic peach cobbler with egg roll wrappers.
Usually, when it comes to revolutionalizing desserts, I believe in “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” There are a lot of dessert hacks and recipes online that are just…please, no. 🚩
But this portable twist on peach cobbler? Yes, please!
You can now savor the comforting flavors of a peach cobbler without utensils!
Imagine the luscious, caramelized peaches we love in a peach cobbler, all snugly wrapped in a crispy, golden shell. And if that’s not enough for your sweet tooth, these handheld treats are also rolled in cinnamon sugar to give them a melt-in-the-mouth sweetness and warm, aromatic taste.
But for those who need more to get their peach cravings fixed, why not make another recipe that puts a twist on a classic peach cobbler? Here’s a peach cobbler pound cake recipe made with cream cheese! 😋
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
In just 28 minutes, using 10 simple ingredients, you can indulge in crispy, sweet, handheld treats that every peach lover will go loco for! Don’t miss out on these:
- Quick and Easy: These peach cobbler egg rolls are easier than they look! Just wrap a spoonful of the gooey peach cobbler filling in the egg roll wrapper like you’re folding an envelope. Then, choose between deep frying or air frying these sweet pockets of bliss until they’re a mouthwatering golden-brown color. You can even bake them!
- Crowd-Pleaser: Kids and kids-at-heart won’t be able to resist this crunchy take on the peach cobbler. But be warned, once you take a bite, it’ll be hard to stop! It doesn’t help that they’re the perfect size for grabbing. 🤣
- Versatile Dessert: These peach cobbler egg rolls will let you explore pairings that will fulfill your dessert dreams! Enjoy them with your favorite vanilla ice cream, serve them with a delightful dip, or just savor them with a warm cup of tea.
What Do Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls Taste Like?
Peach cobbler egg rolls will indulge you in the familiar sweet and gooey caramelized peaches we all love in a classic peach cobbler. However, this classic comforting taste is elevated by putting them inside golden-brown crispy egg roll wraps. 🤤
The magic does not stop there because these portable delights embody “sugar, spice, and everything nice.”
The warm peach cobbler egg rolls are also coated in cinnamon sugar, which in my opinion, is not only a win-win in terms of flavor but also in texture.
Is This Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls Recipe Healthy?
Peach cobbler egg rolls are desserts deep fried in oil: a description that’s not really synonymous with “healthy foods.”
But fear not; you can air fry or bake these pockets of peach heaven to make them crispy with less oil.
For baked peach cobbler egg rolls, just place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment, then bake for 20 minutes in the oven preheated to 400°F, flipping halfway through. And later, I’ll cover the tips for air frying them.
Besides the cooking method, you can also swap some ingredients and take your health-conscious approach to these peach cobbler egg rolls one step further.
What Are The Benefits Of This Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls Recipe?
These perfect treats will let you experience the flavors of peach cobbler with minimal mess and clean-up!
No need for utensils; you just grab one (or two, this is a judgment-free zone 😉) and go!
You don’t have to worry about the wrapping process because it’s as easy as folding each corner towards the center, like making an envelope. I also love how convenient they are to make because they’re oven- and air-fryer-friendly!
But for those seeking something savory, I have an egg roll recipe for you. Tantalize your tastebuds with this easy Nigerian fish roll recipe, perfect for snacking!
Ingredients For Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
- Egg roll wrappers – We’ll be using vegan egg roll wrappers, so to make your peach cobbler egg rolls entirely vegan, you only need to replace the dairy butter I’ve used with a plant-based alternative.
- Peaches – Delight yourself in these peach cobbler egg rolls anytime throughout the year using canned or frozen peaches. I’m too lazy to go through the thawing process, so I just drained canned peaches.
- Brown sugar – For caramelizing the peaches.
- Water – We’ll mix cornstarch with some water to thicken the peach cobbler filling.
- Cornstarch – Instead of just adding cornstarch directly into the peach cobbler filling, we’ll be making a quick slurry.
- Vanilla extract – Delicious desserts just feel incomplete without the ultimate flavor enhancer: vanilla.
- Salted butter – I’ve chosen salted butter because the saltiness perfectly balances the sweetness of the gooey peach filling.
- Granulated sugar – For our cinnamon sugar coating.
- Ground cinnamon – The “kick” from this aromatic spice complements the caramelized peached well.
- Vegetable oil – You can use any neutral-flavored cooking oil with a high smoke point. We’ll fry the peach cobbler egg rolls in canola oil in this recipe.
Tools Needed To Prepare Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
- Saucepan for cooking the peach cobbler filling
- Frying pan for frying the peach cobbler egg rolls
- Mixing bowls for combining the ingredients
- Tongs for handling the egg rolls
- Wooden spoon for testing the cooking oil temperature
- Paper towels for absorbing the excess oil from frying
- Pastry brush for brushing the egg roll wrappers with water
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
Homemade desserts should be as hassle-free to make as they are to eat. So if you don’t have canned peaches, frozen peaches will work too. Just thaw them first!
Are you a fan of spices in your sweet treats? You might love the warm, nutty flavor of nutmeg with the sweetness of these peach cobbler egg rolls.
If you have a lemon lying around, use some fresh lemon juice for your peach cobbler filling! This tangy touch beautifully balances the sweetness of the caramelized peaches.
How To Make Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
- 12 egg roll wrappers (we’ll use two per peach cobbler egg roll)
- 2 ¼ cups peaches, sliced into preferred bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Mix cornstarch and water in a bowl.
STEP 2: Pour the cornstarch mixture, brown sugar, salted butter, and sliced peaches into the saucepan. Cook while stirring constantly until the liquid turns bubbly.
STEP 3: Once the liquid thickens, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and allow the peach mixture to cool.
STEP 4: To make the peach cobbler egg rolls, overlap two wrappers over a flat surface. Arrange the positioning of the wrapper so it’s like a diamond.
STEP 5: Put a tablespoon of the cooled peach mixture in the center of the wrap. When you start folding and rolling, remember to brush the edges of the wrapper with some water, then press to seal.
STEP 6: Bring the bottom corner up and over the filling. Next, take the two side corners and fold them into the center.
STEP 7: Brush the top corner with water, then roll the egg roll up to finish. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and peach mixture.
STEP 8: On a separate plate, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
STEP 9: Heat oil in a frying pan. To know when it’s ready, dunk the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. It’s good to go once you see bubbles forming around the spoon.
STEP 10: Fry the peach cobbler eggrolls in the oil for 3 to 6 minutes until crispy and golden brown on both sides.
STEP 11: Place the fried peach cobbler eggrolls over some paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
STEP 12: After about 2 minutes, roll the warm peach cobbler eggrolls on the plate with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
STEP 13: Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
Enhance the experience by serving these peach cobbler egg rolls with your favorite dipping sauce, another dessert, or a refreshing drink!
Pair them with a cream cheese or vanilla dip that you can easily whip up from common pantry ingredients.
But if you want to try these crunchy, gooey dessert egg rolls with cold treats, I have a dessert and drink in mind!
Treat yourself to the ultimate dessert by serving these peach cobbler egg rolls with our 2-minute Mcdonald’s yogurt parfait recipe. Or, instead of a takeout shake, why not try our homemade salted caramel milkshake recipe?
Tips About Making Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
Keep your yummy peach cobbler egg rolls from falling apart or turning soggy with these tips. Here are also how you can air fry them if you’re like me, who’s afraid of splatters when pan-frying at home! 😅
- Do not overfill your egg rolls because they can split open when you fry them. You also want to seal them securely by brushing the edges with water and pressing them as you fold. And before you assemble the dessert rolls, allow the filling to cool down.
- Besides the wooden spoon trick, you can use a candy thermometer to check if your oil is hot enough. But why is your oil temperature important? If your oil is not hot enough, the egg rolls will just soak it up and leave you with a greasy mess. But if it’s too hot, you’ll have an overcooked exterior and undercooked filling. 🙃
- Every air fryer is different, so you must adjust the cooking time and temperature, usually from 10 to 15 minutes at 380°F to 400°F, turning halfway through. And just like when pan frying them, you don’t want to overcrowd your air fryer basket with the egg rolls so they’re evenly crispy.
How To Store Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
Can you make these peach cobbler egg rolls in advance? How to store your leftover egg rolls? Here are your storage questions answered:
- Fridge: Wrap the peach cobbler egg rolls individually in foil for storing in the fridge. They’re best enjoyed within 2 days.
- Freezer: Want to store them for longer? Arrange these rolls on a tray lined with parchment paper, then flash freeze for 4 hours. Then, you can store them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 6 months!
- Reheating: To reheat your peach cobbler egg rolls, the most convenient option is to air fry them for a minute at 350°F. You can also place them in the oven at 350°F for 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy.
Are Frozen Or Canned Peaches Better For Cobbler?
Because we want our peaches intact after baking a cobbler, the best ones to use are frozen peaches.
They also tend to be sweeter and more flavorful than canned peaches since they are frozen at their peak ripeness.
But for this portable twist on the peach cobbler, canned peaches will still be good for your dessert egg rolls. Remember that we’ll be cooking them down with sugar, so you’ll get a delicious peach cobbler filling regardless.
So which one to choose? It all comes down to personal preference and what peaches are available at your convenience.
What Is The Easiest Way To Peel Fresh Peaches?
If you’re using fresh peaches and peeling them for these peach cobbler egg rolls, blanch them first!
This will loosen their skin and only takes less than a minute.
Then, take them out of the boiling water and transfer them to a bowl with ice water. From here, it’ll be easier to peel the peaches by hand.
FAQ About Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
What kind of peach is best for cobbler?
The best peaches for cobbler recipes are the sweet and juicy ones, like the clingstone variety. Canned and frozen peaches will also work for these peach cobbler egg rolls, so you can do the recipe any time of the year.
Is it necessary to peel peaches for a cobbler?
It’s completely up to you if you want to peel your fresh peaches in this peach cobbler egg rolls recipe. However, baked cobblers are often done best without the peels because they can separate from the peach flesh.
Can I make these peach cobbler egg rolls with canned peaches?
Absolutely! Just remember to drain your canned peaches well when using them on your peach cobbler egg rolls, or the filling will end up runny.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a bowl.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture, brown sugar, salted butter, and sliced peaches into the saucepan. Cook while stirring constantly until the liquid turns bubbly.
- Once the liquid thickens, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and allow the peach mixture to cool.
- To make the peach cobbler egg rolls, overlap two wrappers over a flat surface. Arrange the positioning of the wrapper so it’s like a diamond.
- Put a tablespoon of the cooled peach mixture in the center of the wrap. When you start folding and rolling, remember to brush the edges of the wrapper with some water, then press to seal.
- Bring the bottom corner up and over the filling. Next, take the two side corners and fold them into the center.
- Brush the top corner with water, then roll the egg roll up to finish. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and peach mixture.
- On a separate plate, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. To know when it’s ready, dunk the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. It’s good to go once you see bubbles forming around the spoon.
- Fry the peach cobbler eggrolls in the oil for 3 to 6 minutes until crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Place the fried peach cobbler eggrolls over some paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- After about 2 minutes, roll the warm peach cobbler eggrolls on the plate with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Are your peach cobbler egg rolls falling apart? You might be overfilling them, the sides are not brushed with water and pressed, or your peach cobbler filling is not cool enough for assembly.
- If you’re unsure how hot your oil should be, use a candy thermometer and preheat it to 350°F. Fry the peach cobbler egg rolls for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- These peach cobbler egg rolls are air fryer-friendly! Just spray them with cooking oil, then air fry at 380°F for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Peach cobbler turns crispy in these peach cobbler egg rolls recipe.
Say goodbye to the traditional biscuit batter and embrace the golden-brown crispy goodness of egg roll wrappers.
Whether you choose to fry them over the stove or use an air fryer, don’t forget the final touch of rolling them in powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Satisfy your peach cobbler cravings with irresistible treats that don’t require utensils.
And if you’re still craving more fruity desserts, check our collection of easy sweet recipes from breakfast desserts, easy cheesecakes, summer popsicles, and Instagram-ready cookies: