This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip is everyone’s favorite bar and game-day food transformed into a creamy, cheesy dip. Ready in 20 minutes with 7 ingredients!
Make this quick and easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip and enjoy everything you love about buffalo chicken wings in an irresistible creamy cheese dip!
There’s no pressure in making this pressure cooker dip.
It only needs 7 ingredients, and it’s ready in 20 minutes.
It’s perfect for hosting parties, game nights, or, for my fellow introverts, a relaxing solo movie night! 😋
Loaded with chicken and cheese with just the right blend of spicy and tangy, this downright addictive dip will make everyone want to dive into it.
What Is Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo chicken dip is a cream cheese dip loaded with cheese and shredded chicken. Made with butter, hot sauce, and ranch, this dip will satisfy your cravings for the game day classic: buffalo-style chicken wings.
This cheesy and meaty dip is so good you might as well turn it into a meal!
Buffalo chicken dip is usually made in the slow cooker, but that version, as you can probably guess, can take hours. That’s not an issue if you’re preparing this dip for parties and game nights, but what if you just want to snack solo at home?
Enter this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip, which makes the indulgent buffalo wing sauce-style dip in just 20 minutes.
For this pressure cooker buffalo chicken dip, you only need to cook the chicken in butter, hot sauce, and ranch dressing to soak up all the delicious flavors, shred the meat, and add the rest of the ingredients.
Let everything melt and blend beautifully with each stir, then grab your favorite dippers ASAP!
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This Instant Pot chicken buffalo dip can be made at the last minute with simple ingredients. Everything is done in the pressure cooker, so you won’t be left with tons of things to wash after!
- Crowd-Pleaser: Enjoy all the delicious flavors of buffalo wings in a less messy way with this buffalo chicken dip Instant Pot recipe. With this versatile dip, you can have the classic bar and game-day food in different forms, whether with chips or vegetable sticks!
- Party-Ready: Make buffalo chicken dip in the Instant Pot and use the cooker’s Keep Warm function to keep everyone happy with their snacks all night long! You can also make the dip ahead of time to further save on prep work.
What Does Buffalo Chicken Dip Taste Like?
This Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip tastes rich, cheesy, zesty, and spicy. All the crave-worthy flavors of buffalo-style wings are infused in this creamy dip!
It’s much easier and less messy to eat than buffalo wings, and this new form means you can enjoy the delicious flavors of buffalo chicken with other appetizers and snacks. Potato skins and buffalo chicken dip, anyone?
The fusion of hot, tangy, buttery, and cheesy flavors in this one-pot dreamy dip is just begging to be dived into! 😋
Bring this to your potluck, and prepare to be everyone’s favorite guest.
You’ll also get to satisfy your juicy meat cravings because of this dip’s generous serving of tender shredded chicken. Have it between brioche buns for a quick, hearty meal.
What Is in Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Chicken breasts – This IP buffalo chicken dip is not just a buffalo chicken-flavored cheese dip. It’s also loaded with shredded meat cooked in the iconic tangy and spicy buffalo sauce.
- Hot sauce – Like a true buffalo sauce, this chicken dip is packing heat! Feel free to adjust the level of spiciness in this recipe with your favorite hot sauce.
- Butter – Of course, you can’t make a buffalo chicken-style dip without the richness of butter complementing the spicy sauce.
- Ranch dressing – Gives the one-pot buffalo chicken dip the zest it needs to keep you hooked.
- Cream cheese – Makes the creamiest, most indulgent pressure cooker buffalo chicken dip. Read on for a lighter alternative!
- Cheddar cheese – I recommend shredding your own cheddar cheese for the smoothest dip.
- Mozzarella cheese – You can also try this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip with other types of cheese, but who can resist the wonderfully ooey gooey mozzarella???
Tools Needed To Prepare IP Buffalo Chicken Dip
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Buffalo Chicken Dip
Can I use shredded rotisserie chicken?
Want to make this Instant Pot chicken buffalo dip even easier (yep, easier!)?
Skip the need to cook the chicken in the first step and just shred rotisserie chicken! Add it to the pot with butter, hot sauce, and ranch, use the Instant Pot’s Saute Mode, and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
This is also a genius way to use up those unwanted white meat leftovers if you often have rotisserie chicken for dinner!
Substitute for cream cheese
We can make our buffalo chicken dip in Instant Pot a bit lighter using Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese. It also has a tangier taste, which you might prefer for your spicy dip.
Customize and tweak this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip to your liking!
You can add more spices and seasonings, like onion powder, or top the creamy cheese dip with jalapenos, scallions, or blue cheese crumbles before serving with crunchy snacks like pita chips and corn chips.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in Instant Pot
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for the Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip.
STEP 2: Place the chicken breasts, hot sauce, butter, and ranch dressing in the Instant Pot. Close and seal.
STEP 3: Cook on Manual/High Pressure for 15 minutes, then quick-release the pressure.
STEP 4: Open the lid and shred the chicken.
STEP 5: Stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese until melted. That’s it! Serve your IP buffalo chicken dip with your favorite snacks, and dig right in.
What to Eat with Buffalo Chicken Dip
Don’t overthink it.
Serve this one-pot cheesy buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips or pita bread, and you have an appetizer that’s as satisfying as a meal!
Crusty bread like baguette slices, crispy crackers, and breadsticks will also complement this pressure cooker dip.
Or, for a more wholesome snacking experience, dip carrot and celery sticks in it! This pairing will definitely make it easy to munch on vegetables casually. 😋
Since this loaded dip doesn’t require too much time and effort, why not prepare the appetizers and snacks to serve with it?
Try our recipe for crusty French baguettes! If you’ve been doubting your bread-making skills at home, this is your sign to make this versatile bread and boost your confidence in the kitchen.
But if you don’t like baking, you can check our football charcuterie board. Do I really need to explain why this snack board will be perfect for game day parties?
Tips About Making Buffalo Chicken Dip in Instant Pot
- If you can’t get the cheese to melt smoothly in your Instant Pot chicken buffalo dip, use the Saute Mode to reheat the mixture.
- This Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip also works with the cooker’s Meat/Stew Function. You can cook the dip for 15 minutes like you would on Manual/High Pressure.
- Another fuss-free way to shred the already-cooked chicken breasts is with a hand mixer! Use it on low and shred the meat directly in the pot. If you don’t want splatters, transfer the chicken to a deep mixing bowl.
How To Store Instant Pot Chicken Buffalo Dip
- Fridge: I doubt you’ll get leftovers from this buffalo chicken dip, but you can always transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days. This is also useful if you made a big batch!
- Freezer: It’s better not to freeze this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip as it might just get chalky after thawing and reheating.
- Reheating: Take advantage of your Instant Pot and use its Keep Warm function to reheat your creamy Buffalo chicken-style cream cheese dip. You can also reheat the dip in the microwave.
How long is buffalo chicken dip good for left out?
Use the Keep Warm function when serving your cheesy buffalo chicken dip at the party. This way, it can sit out for hours.
But if you can’t keep the dip warm, it’s best not to let it sit at room temperature for over 2 hours.
Why is my buffalo chicken dip separating?
The dip can separate if the ingredients are not blended well together. If you chilled and reheated the dip, you might also notice separation.
To fix it, just stir in more cream cheese and mix everything until smooth.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Breasts On This Buffalo Chicken Dip Instant Pot Recipe?
Sure. You only need to add 6 to 10 minutes of cooking time if you use frozen chicken in this buffalo chicken dip recipe.
Do I need to cook the chicken first for buffalo chicken dip?
You can put the chicken breasts raw in the Instant Pot and cook it for 15 minutes at high pressure.
What to Do with Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
This buffalo chicken dip is more than just a dip for snacks! Use it in mac and cheese, stuffed bell peppers, sandwiches, nachos, and pizzas.
Add the chicken dip leftover into these dishes or simply enjoy it as a topping/filling.
Let me know in the comments below how your buffalo chicken mac and cheese and stuffed bell peppers with turkey and buffalo chicken dip turned out! 😋
How to Thicken Buffalo Chicken Dip
Want a thicker buffalo chicken dip? Stir in an extra cup of shredded cheddar cheese, chicken, or cream cheese until you achieve your perfect consistency!
Why is my buffalo chicken dip watery?
It’s important to use the correct ratio of ingredients when making buffalo chicken dip.
For the best texture, you should also opt for regular instead of low-fat cream cheese. It’s not like we’ll have this indulgent dip every day, right?
FAQ About Buffalo Chicken Dip
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip?
It’s better not to freeze it. Your buffalo chicken dip can turn chalky after thawing.
How long is buffalo chicken dip good for?
If stored well in the fridge, this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip can last up to 3 days.
How long to cook buffalo chicken dip?
Buffalo chicken dip takes 20 minutes to finish cooking. To shorten the cooking time, you can use cooked chicken.
Can you eat buffalo chicken dip cold?
Sure! Some prefer their buffalo chicken dip cold. But for those who like it warm, here’s a quick hack: Transfer the dip to an oven-safe dish, top with more shredded cheese, and bake to melt the topping before serving!
Can you make buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese?
Of course! But since we still want this dip creamy (seriously, who likes watery dips?), you can add a tablespoon or two of mayonnaise.
- Gather the ingredients for the Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip.
- Place the chicken breasts, hot sauce, butter, and ranch dressing in the Instant Pot. Close and seal.
- Cook on Manual/High Pressure for 15 minutes, then quick-release the pressure.
- Open the lid and shred the chicken.
- Stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese until melted. That's it! Serve your IP buffalo chicken dip with your favorite snacks, and dig right in.
- Can't get the cheese to melt smoothly? You can reheat the Instant Pot via the Saute Mode.
- You can also make this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip recipe using the Meat/Stew Function and cook for 15 minutes.
- If you don't want to manually shred the cooked chicken breasts with two forks, use a hand mixer on low directly in the pot (or transfer the chicken to a deep mixing bowl to avoid splatter.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 631Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 1018mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
To share or not to share? That’ll be your dilemma with this super easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip.
It’s the perfect game day dip featuring the spicy and tangy flavors we love in buffalo wings. Imagine all those in a creamy, cheesy dip…You’ll want to hoard all the bread rounds and chips to yourself!
Unlike the slow cooker version, this buffalo chicken dip in the Instant Pot is ready to be enjoyed in 20 minutes with cost-effective ingredients. It’s really perfect for hosting!
What’s your favorite game day food? If you haven’t planned your snacks yet, it’s time to ditch those bags of chips and make these instead: