This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These easy Instant Pot pumpkin bites are made in an egg bites mold. With delicious cream cheese filling, these treats are perfect for the holidays and beyond.
If you ever dreamt of a fusion between a pumpkin muffin and a pumpkin pie, these Instant Pot pumpkin bites are the answer to your pumpkin dessert fantasy!
Whether you call these delightful bite-sized treats Instant Pot pumpkin pie bites or Instant pot pumpkin muffins, one thing is for sure: it’s an effortless creation that you don’t want to miss, especially if you already own an Instant Pot and an egg bites mold.
To further elevate their goodness, these pumpkin bites are also filled with cream cheese.
The combo tastes so good I’m considering calling them Instant Pot pumpkin cheesecake bites! 🤤
And if that’s not enough to make you fall in love with this pumpkin bites recipe, I urge you to continue reading and find out what ingredients you can add and how to make a crust to turn them into mini cheesecake bites.
What Are Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites?
So what are pumpkin bites? You can imagine them as mini muffins or bite-sized pumpkin pies made in the Instant Pot.
We can easily achieve their shape using egg bites molds; some people even call them Instant Pot pumpkin cheesecake bites because there’s a cream cheese swirl surprise in the center of each treat.
Whether you’re hunting for a new holiday dessert, a pumpkin dessert fan, or simply looking for something sweet to enjoy during the cozy fall season, I can vouch that you will never go wrong with this pumpkin bites recipe.
The process itself is so simple; you won’t break a sweat making these Instant Pot pumpkin muffins.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This pumpkin bites recipe is:
- Effortless Dessert: Thanks to Instant Pot and silicone molds, you can surprise yourself, loved ones, or holiday guests with bite-sized pumpkin goodness. This pumpkin bites recipe is quick and straightforward; you can easily whip these bad boys up on a lazy day or even with a hectic schedule.
- Must-Try Pumpkin Treat: If you’re a sucker for pumpkin desserts or want an indulgent but not overly sweet treat, do yourself a favor and make these Instant Pot pumpkin cheesecake bites. Stay tuned for the surprising ingredient you can use for the crust on these pumpkin bites.
- Versatile and Customizable: These Instant Pot pumpkin muffins are good to go but feel free to test your dessert creativity and come up with pumpkin bites that are uniquely yours. 😋
What Do Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Bites Taste Like?
These Instant Pot pumpkin bites taste like sweet, rich pumpkin pies meet soft, moist pumpkin muffins. And if that description is still not enough for your sweet tooth, maybe the cream cheese swirl in these bites will make your mouth water.
You can also take this pumpkin bites recipe to the next level and turn the treats into Instant Pot pumpkin cheesecake bites.
And if you continue reading below, I’ve listed my favorite ingredient additions to make these desserts even more decadent.
Is This Pumpkin Bites Recipe Healthy?
These Instant Pot pumpkin bites are made with canned pumpkin, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the health goodness of the orange fruit (yep, pumpkin is a fruit!)
For example, canned pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, making these desserts not just a feast for the eyes but also good for them! 👁️👁️
However, remember that all good things are best enjoyed responsibly.
These pumpkin bites are desserts filled with cream cheese, so you want to manage your portions to keep those calories in check.
What Are The Benefits Of Instant Pot Pumpkin Muffins?
Whether you’re hosting for the holidays or just looking for a pick-me-up, these Instant Pot pumpkin bites won’t let you down.
The bite-sized, cream cheese-filled pumpkin dessert is quick and easy to make, and you don’t need utensils to enjoy them! (Although that can be a disadvantage since they’re too easy to pick up for overindulging. 😅)
If you already own an egg mold and an Instant Pot, there is no reason not to try this twist on pumpkin pie (or pumpkin muffins.) Just whip up the batter, pour it into molds, and the Instant Pot will do the work for you.
Ingredients For Pumpkin Bites
Cream cheese filling:
- Cream cheese – Delicious rich filling for these crustless pumpkin cheesecakes.
- Granulated sugar – To sweeten our cream cheese swirl.
- Vanilla extract – We’ll add vanilla extract both to the pumpkin bites and filling to bring out the flavors of our dessert better.
- Canned pumpkin – You can also use fresh pumpkin puree, but canned pumpkin will save you the effort! 😉
- Egg – To give the pumpkin bite batter structure.
- Vegetable oil – Helps make the Instant Pot pumpkin bites moist.
- Milk – Milk not only hydrates the batter, but it also adds richness to these Instant Pot pumpkin muffins.
- Honey – Besides sugar, we’ll use honey in this pumpkin bites recipe. We want the dessert to have a full flavor and not taste artificially sweet.
- Brown sugar – Makes these Instant Pot pumpkin pie bites sweet, soft, and moist. 😋
- Pumpkin pie spice – To give the mini muffins that familiar and delicious pumpkin pie flavor.
- Vanilla extract – A must-have for desserts to add depth to their overall flavor.
- All-purpose flour – Of course, we need flour to make these balls of pumpkin goodness.
- Baking powder – To make your Instant Pot pumpkin bites rise.
- Baking soda – Another leavening agent for the batter.
- Salt – Balances the sweetness of the dessert.
- Non-stick cooking spray – To keep the pumpkin bites from sticking to the mold.
- Powdered sugar for garnish – To keep our homemade pumpkin muffin bites from sticking to the egg bites mold.
Tools Needed To Prepare Pumpkin Bites
- Mixing bowls for the ingredients
- Whisk for mixing the batter
- Egg bites mold with silicone lids for making the Instant Pot pumpkin bites
- Toothpick for swirling the cream cheese filling
- Instant Pot for making the mini pumpkin bites
- Aluminum foil for covering the silicone molds if your egg bites mold has no lid
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Mini Pumpkin Pies
For a more indulgent take on this pumpkin bites recipe, let’s make a quick crust from gingersnap cookies and turn the treats into Instant Pot pumpkin cheesecake bites!
Just add the crushed cookies to the mold before pouring the batter. It’s so simple, but the cookie crust makes a huge difference to the dessert.
How To Make Pumpkin Bites
Cream cheese filling:
- ½ cup canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Powdered sugar for garnish
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot pumpkin bites.
STEP 2: For the filling, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl and set aside.
STEP 3: In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, egg, vegetable oil, milk, honey, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract together. Then, stir in the dry ingredients until combined to form the pumpkin bite batter. Do not overmix.
STEP 4: Spray the silicone molds with cooking spray.
STEP 5: Pour half of the batter into the cups, add the cream cheese filling, then top with the remaining batter.
STEP 6: Swirl the batter and filling with a toothpick.
STEP 7: Place the lids on the molds, then stack them on the trivet.
STEP 8: Add a cup of water to your Instant Pot, and place the trivet inside.
STEP 9: Lock the lid and set the Pressure Release Valve to sealing. Cook the pumpkin bites on High Pressure for 10 minutes.
STEP 10: Once done, release the steam naturally for 10 minutes before manually releasing the rest.
STEP 11: Take out the trivet and turn your Instant Pot pumpkin bites onto a plate. Top with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
What To Serve With Pumpkin Bites
Because they’re quick, easy, and won’t need utensils to be enjoyed, Instant Pot pumpkin bites are perfect for the holiday season!
Serve them as the dessert after your roasted turkey for a festive celebration, and have your kitchen smell irresistibly good. 🤤
But if you just want to relax at home, these Instant Pot pumpkin pie bites are perfect with a cup of feel-good beverage.
Don’t just make regular coffee; try our Copycat Starbucks caramel brulee latte that tastes so good you won’t need any drive-thrus anytime soon.
Or, to further embrace the fall season, indulge in our pumpkin spice Vietnamese iced coffee.
Tips About Making Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites
Here are some key reminders for the best pumpkin bites:
- Don’t forget to use the lids of your egg bites molds. If you don’t have lids for molds, just cover them with aluminum foil, or the pumpkin bites will turn soggy from the water droplets during cooking.
- Looking to make your mini pumpkin muffins more indulgent? Fold in some chocolate chips to the pumpkin batter for a chocolatey take on the pumpkin dessert.
- Instead of powdered sugar, another way to dress up these pumpkin pie bites is with whipped cream (just like regular pumpkin pie!) and a sprinkle of cinnamon! 😋
How To Store Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Bites
Got leftovers, or planning to make the pumpkin bites in advance? Here’s how to keep them fresh:
- Fridge: Once cooled, transfer the pumpkin bites to an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: To store your Instant Pot pumpkin muffins longer, wrap them in parchment paper and freeze. They’ll be good for 3 months.
- Reheating: You can thaw your pumpkin bites overnight, but if you prefer them hot, microwave them for a few seconds before serving.
Can You Freeze Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites?
Yes! For long-term storage, you can freeze these Instant Pot pumpkin bites and enjoy them within 3 months.
Just wrap them in parchment paper or keep them in a freezer-safe bag.
This way, you can make them in advance and then defrost and reheat them as needed. I prefer to thaw them overnight, but some defrost them on the counter for 15 minutes before serving (sounds good when you have surprise visitors over, right?)
Is It Okay To Leave Pumpkin Pie Out Overnight?
I don’t recommend leaving pumpkin pie out overnight because it’s made with perishable ingredients like eggs, milk, and cream cheese.
This also means these Instant Pot pumpkin bites should not be left out for too long.
If hosting, serve a small batch of these mini pumpkin muffins, then keep the rest in the fridge for refills.
Why Do Stores Not Refrigerate Pies?
Stores typically don’t refrigerate their pies for the best texture and taste. However, even if your local store keeps their pumpkin pie at room temperature, remember that your homemade pie or treats like these pumpkin bites are best kept in the fridge.
Store-bought pies are made with preservatives that keep them safe and fresh outside the fridge. On the other hand, your homemade pie is not processed to be shelf-stable.
FAQ About Mini Pumpkin Pies
How long to bake mini pumpkin pies?
It depends on the recipe, but baking usually takes 30 minutes for the filling of mini pumpkin pies to set.
What temp do I bake mini pumpkin pies at?
Mini pumpkin pies are baked in an oven preheated to 375°F. However, every recipe is different, so you may need to adjust the temperature as needed.
Can pumpkin pie have graham cracker crust?
Can you make mini pumpkin pies in muffin tins?
Yes, of course! Just use a mini muffin pan. The super cute bite-size pumpkin pies will look more like tarts.
Cream cheese filling:
- Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot pumpkin bites.
- For the filling, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, egg, vegetable oil, milk, honey, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract together. Then, stir in the dry ingredients until combined to form the pumpkin bite batter. Do not overmix.
- Spray the silicone molds with cooking spray.
- Pour half of the batter into the cups, add the cream cheese filling, then top with the remaining batter.
- Swirl the batter and filling with a toothpick.
- Place the lids on the molds, then stack them on the trivet.
- Add a cup of water to your Instant Pot, and place the trivet inside.
- Lock the lid and set the Pressure Release Valve to sealing. Cook the pumpkin bites on High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once done, release the steam naturally for 10 minutes before manually releasing the rest.
- Take out the trivet and turn your Instant Pot pumpkin bites onto a plate. Top with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
- Make sure to cover the egg bites molds either with Instant Pot silicone lids or aluminum foil. Otherwise, the pumpkin bites might turn out soggy from the water droplets during cooking.
- Try Instant Pot pumpkin bites with chocolate chips! Simply fold them into the batter for chocolatey mini pumpkin pies.
- Turn these pumpkin bites into the ultimate fall dessert by topping them with whipped cream and cinnamon instead of powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 17Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Instant Pot pumpkin bites should be your next dessert, or you’ll beat yourself up from not making them sooner.
Just whip up the batter, pour it into the egg bites molds, add the cream cheese mixture in the center, then top with more batter. Your Instant Pot will do the rest for you.
Each soft pumpkin bite combines classic pumpkin desserts in the perfect portable size. 🎃
And if you enjoyed using your Instant Pot, here are the best Instant Pot recipes, or choose from our favorite recipes:
- Best Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese
- The Only Instant Pot Cheesecake Bites Recipe You Need
- Instant Pot Pancake Bites Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Korma
- Yummy Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese
PIN FOR LATER!