This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These Instant Pot Pancake Bites are surprisingly easy to make and super fun to eat. Find the secret behind fluffy bite-sized pancakes using an egg bites mold!
Instant Pot has revolutionized how we cook, but have you considered using it for pancakes? With this multicooker, you can make these yummy soufflé-style pancakes effortlessly.
The best way to start the day is with pancakes. And this time, we’re not serving ordinary pancakes.
These Instant Pot pancake bites will leave you wanting more with their soft, moist, and fluffy texture in the perfect bite-size form.
How to enjoy these Instapot pancake bites?
Or, if you love desserts, top the spheres with a scoop of ice cream and your favorite sundae toppings. So what are you waiting for?
Get your Instant Pot, and let’s do this.
What Are Pancake Bites?
Pancake bites are essentially spherical pancakes cooked in the multicooker Instant Pot. But how did they get their cute shape?
You only need to pour the pancake batter into silicone egg molds. Neat, right?
But why should you cook pancakes this way if you can just do the traditional method of frying them flat in a hot pan?
Well, it’s super convenient since the Instant Pot does everything for you. With this recipe, the pancakes will always come out soft, fluffy, and moist.
I’m sure everyone will also be intrigued to take a piece of these pancake bites!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Get ready to take your regular pancakes to the next level with this Instapot recipe. Here are the best perks if you try these pancake bites now:
- Hassle-Free Breakfast: These Instant Pot pancake bites are perfect for busy weekday mornings. You can even prepare the pancake batter ahead of time or use a boxed pancake mix to further save on prep time!
- Guaranteed Crowd Pleaser: Who doesn’t love pancakes? With this method, the classic breakfast favorite receives a souffle-like makeover where you’ll literally get the perfect bite with each piece. 🤤
- Customizable Recipe: You can make these pancakes in Instant Pot sweet or savory. Get creative with the add-ins, or dress the pancake bites up with your favorite toppings!
What Do Instant Pot Pancake Bites Taste Like?
Instant Pot pancake bites taste like pancakes, but there’s something about pressure cooking the batter in an egg bites mold that makes these poppable delights addictive.
I think it’s because each piece is soft, moist, and fluffy, but you’ll still get the familiar warm and sweet flavor of pancakes.
The pancake bites are also not too heavy, dense, or mushy, which can easily happen if you cook the batter traditionally.
The only warning I have for these pancake bites is because of their shape and size; it’s so easy not to keep track of how much you’ve been popping! 😂
They’re what I’ve been making at home every time I crave donut holes.
Are Pancake Bites In Instant Pot Healthy?
Much like any other pancake recipe, pancake bites are not exactly a nutritional powerhouse. After all, the components of each irresistible sphere are essentially just flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, unsalted butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
This is why I suggest using fresh fruit add-ins like berries, which are excellent sources of antioxidants.
Ultimately, the secret to enjoying pancake bites is moderation.
Be mindful of your portions and serve these delectable treats with other wholesome breakfast components!
What Are The Benefits Of Instapot Pancake Bites?
These Instapot pancake bites make pancakes quicker and mess-free!
If you love pancakes, you’re doing yourself a disservice if you don’t try this recipe that takes advantage of Instant Pot’s convenience.
Cooking the batter into bite-size spheres also ensures perfectly light, moist, and fluffy pancakes! If you follow our tips of mixing the ingredients lightly and covering the mold with foil, you’ll get perfectly cooked pancake bites each time.
It’s a stress-free recipe that makes the beloved pancakes more enjoyable.
Ingredients For Pancake Bites
- All-purpose flour – We’ll be making our own pancake batter from scratch! Don’t forget to measure your flour correctly by weighing instead of scooping it out from the bag.
- Granulated sugar – Sweetens the pancake bites and helps hold the batter’s moisture.
- Baking powder – Responsible for light and fluffy pancakes. You’ll also know some tricks below to ensure the fluffiest pancake bites.
- Salt – Salt balances the overall flavor of our homemade pancake batter.
- Egg – The binder for our mini pancake ingredients.
- Unsalted butter – Putting melted butter in pancake batter will prevent dry pancake bites. You can use any oil or fat, but buttery pancake bites are just exquisite.
- Milk – Creates the ideal thickness for the pancake mixture and also adds richness to the pancakes.
- Vanilla extract – Homemade pancakes, in my opinion, just taste incomplete without vanilla.
- Mixed berries – We’ll also be adding berries to our pancake batter, but you can use anything you want. You can make the pancake bites sweet or savory for an awesome breakfast!
Tools Needed To Prepare Pancake Bites
- Mixing bowl for mixing the batter
- Whisk for combining the ingredients
- Instant Pot for cooking the pancake bites
- Trivet for holding the pancake bites
- Egg bites mold for the pancake batter
- Aluminum foil for covering the mold
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Instapot Pancakes
Big on textures when it comes to food? Try these souffle-like Instant Pot pancake bites with crunchy toppings like pecans!
Here’s a combo that will blow you and your loved ones’ minds: Serve these pancake bites with maple syrup, topped with pecans and chopped bacon. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory to give you a mood boost on busy mornings.
Make this Instant Pot pancake bite recipe more indulgent with fresh fruits and whipped cream. Try seasonal fruits and make the most vibrant pancakes for breakfast!
How to Make Instant Pot Pancake Bites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter, cooled
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mixed berries, optional
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Pour the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Combine the dry ingredients.
STEP 2: Stir in the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Do not overmix. Having a few remaining lumps on the pancake batter is OKAY.
STEP 3: Spray the egg bites mold. Pour the batter into the mold until about 3/4 full.
STEP 4: You can also add a few berries (or any add-in of your choice) into each mold cup. Just make sure that each cup won’t be over 3/4th full.
STEP 5: Cover the egg bites silicone mold with its cover. Then, cover again with aluminum foil. Make sure to wrap it around the edges tightly.
STEP 6: Add 1 and a half cups of water to the Instant Pot insert. Next, place the trivet.
STEP 7: Put the pancake mold on the trivet. If you made a big batch, you can stack two molds at a time.
STEP 8: Close the lid, and set the sealing valve to ‘sealed.’ Select high pressure, Pressure Cook / Manual, and set the Instant Pot for 8 minutes.
STEP 9: Once done, release the steam naturally for 5 minutes before manually releasing the rest.
STEP 10: Remove the pancake mold from the Instant Pot and uncover it.
STEP 11: Turn the mold over on a plate. Tap the bottoms of the cups gently to remove the pancake bites from the mold.
STEP 12: Enjoy your pancake bites warm with your favorite toppings and sauces.
What To Serve With Pancakes In Instant Pot
Serve these Instant Pot pancakes with classic pancake pairs like maple syrup, Nutella, jam, or honey! The best thing about these fluffy Instapot pancakes is they’re tender in the center, so they won’t turn soggy quickly.
I also recommend experimenting with toppings and going beyond butter and maple syrup for these miniature pancakes.
You might be surprised by what combo you discover. For example, my neighbor gave me peaches, and they are absolutely delicious with whipped cream with these pancake bites! 🤤
But if you want to prepare the ultimate table that will have your loved ones begging for more, these bite size pancakes in Instant Pot will go well with our sweet potato hash recipe and blue matcha latte for the drink.
Tips About Making Pancake Bites
This recipe is good to go, but here are some additional tips to get the most out of your pancake bites in Instant Pot:
- These pancake bites are best served warm. If you made them earlier, just reheat them in the microwave for about 45 seconds before serving.
- Got leftovers? Store the pancake bites in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Not all mold covers fit properly, so don’t overlook our tip of covering the pancake mold with foil. This keeps the water from entering the mold and turning your pancake bites mushy. 🤢
- The number of pancake bites you can make with this recipe will depend on the size of the mold. Remember that you should also avoid overfilling the cups after the add-ins.
- Besides blueberries and raspberries, blackberries and strawberries will also be delicious with these pancake bites. Try seasonal fruits!
How To Store Pancake Bites
You can enjoy your leftover pancake bites for later. Keep them fresh using the fridge or freezer:
- Fridge: Transfer your Instapot pancake bites to an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: These pancake bites can also be stored in the freezer. Use a freezer-safe bag, and remember to enjoy them within 2 months.
- Reheating: To reheat the pancake bites, just microwave them until warmed through.
Why Are My Pancake Bites Mushy?
As I mentioned earlier, we are covering the silicone tray not just with its cover but also with foil.
If you don’t, condensation can seep into the pancake bites, and you’ll end up with mushy pancake spheres. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Why Did My Pancake Bites Turn Out Dry?
Trust me; I’ve been there.
I was so excited to get my fluffy Instapot pancakes, only to find out that they were dry. I want my pancake bites to be moist and fluffy, not dry and crumbly!
But don’t fret; This trick will help you get the perfect pancakes in Instant Pot:
After pressure cooking, make sure to allow the steam to be released naturally, then release the rest manually. If you don’t release the steam manually by the end, the pancake bites can become dry.
How To Make My Pancake Bites Fluffy?
The secret to the fluffiest Instant Pot pancake recipe is never overmixing the pancake batter. Remember our instruction earlier where we said it’s OKAY to have some lumps left after you whisk the ingredients together?
You don’t want to overdevelop the gluten because you’ll get dense Instant Pot pancake bites. A light whisk is enough and I promise you that you’ll have light and fluffy pancake bites.
Some tips I also discovered are to use enough butter to keep the pancake butter moist and to let the batter sit for a few minutes before pouring it into the mold so the flour has time to absorb the liquid.
By doing these tricks, your Instant Pot pancake bites will be light and oh-so-fluffy! 😍
Can I Use A Boxed Pancake Mix For This Instant Pot Pancake Recipe?
Absolutely! You can make Instant Pot pancake bites with pancake mix to make this recipe even easier than it already is.
Just skip step one in our recipe and combine your favorite pancake mix with the ingredients in step two.
Can I Put Pancake Batter In The Fridge?
Yes, you can refrigerate pancake batter. Pour it into an airtight container, and it should last between 2 to 4 days in the fridge, depending on the ingredients used.
Since our pancake batter contains egg and dairy, it’s best to use it within 2 days. I also suggest following FDA’s recommended fridge temperature, which is at or below 40°F.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pancakes
What can I do with leftover pancake batter?
Did you know you can make other foods from leftover pancake batter? With some creativity, you can transform the batter into churros, funnel cakes, brownies, and cookies (source)!
Can I store pancake batter?
Yes, you can store pancake batter in the refrigerator or freezer, ensuring that it’s tightly secured before storing. If frozen, pancake batter can be stored for up to 3 months, depending on its components.
What is the best pancake mix?
My personal preference is Krusteaz Light & Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Mix. You can’t go wrong with this pancake mix because it’s super fluffy, and you only need to add water to prepare it!
- Pour the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Do not overmix. Having a few remaining lumps on the pancake batter is OKAY.
- Spray the egg bites mold. Pour the batter into the mold until about 3/4 full.
- You can also add a few berries (or any add-in of your choice) into each mold cup. Just make sure that each cup won't be over 3/4th full.
- Cover the egg bites silicone mold with its cover. Then, cover again with aluminum foil. Make sure to wrap it around the edges tightly.
- Add 1 and a half cups of water to the Instant Pot insert. Next, place the trivet.
- Put the pancake mold on the trivet. If you made a big batch, you can stack two molds at a time.
- Close the lid, and set the sealing valve to ‘sealed.' Select high pressure, Pressure Cook / Manual, and set the Instant Pot for 8 minutes.
- Once done, release the steam naturally for 5 minutes before manually releasing the rest.
- Remove the pancake mold from the Instant Pot and uncover it.
- Turn the mold over on a plate. Tap the bottoms of the cups gently to remove the pancake bites from the mold.
- Enjoy your pancake bites warm with your favorite toppings and sauces.
- Don't forget to cover the pancake mold with foil. This keeps the water from entering and turning your bite size pancakes mushy.
- This recipe can make up to 18 pancake bites. However, the add-ins and size of the mold can also affect the final quantity.
- The add-ins can be anything you like! Try blackberries and strawberries!
- Enjoy your pancake bites as soon as possible. Nothing beats warm pancakes! You can also reheat them in the microwave for 45 seconds before serving.
- For leftovers, these Instant Pot pancake bites can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just use an airtight container.
As a member of affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 3 bites
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
This Instant Pot pancake bites recipe turns the classic pancake into the perfect poppable delight. They remind me of these cake batter protein balls, which are a fun alternative to cake pops, by the way.
Every spherical pancake is the perfect bite. Soft, fluffy, and moist, you can’t help but get addicted to this easy take on pancakes.
You can even customize your bite sized pancakes to your heart’s content!
Thanks to Instant Pot, breakfast has never been easier to put together! You can even use the handy multicooker to make Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs and Instant Pot chicken korma for your lunch and dinner!
And if you can’t get enough of pancakes, these breakfast recipes are guaranteed to make any pancake fan swoon with delight:
- Eggless Spinach Pancake (No One Will Know It’s Vegan)
- Maple Bacon Pancake with Pure Maple Syrup
- Super Easy Pancake Charcuterie Board
- Trending Pancake Cereal (Viral TikTok Recipe)
- Eggless Spinach Pancake
- Ultimate Keto Almond Flour Pancakes
PIN FOR LATER!