Instant Pot has revolutionized the way we cook. These yummy, moist, and fluffy, soufflé-style pancakes will change the way you think about pancakes. Filled with a tender center and a buttery crumb these Instant Pot Pancake bites will leave you wanting more.
The jury is still out on whether pancakes are better than waffles. But while we let the debate linger on, here’s an amazing way to prepare delicious pancakes for your family complete with all the yummy stuff.
I’ll be honest, I have a sweet tooth. But how can anyone resist such a delicious breakfast? And I know that I’m not the only one with this craving. And with an Instant Pot, almost anything is possible right now. Think fresh berries, milk, butter, and a little sweetener and you’re golden.
Here’s a little tip to help you achieve the best Instant Pot Pancake Bites. After sealing the pancake mix in the mold, use foil paper to create an extra layer of protection from moisture as not all mold covers fit properly.
This is one of the biggest disappointments most people have experienced while trying to prepare these yummy Instant Pot Pancake Bites. They follow instructions only to find out that moisture got into the mix. The result? A gooey mix that is a far cry from the tantalizing bites they imagined.
If you’re anything like me and could have ice cream for breakfast, there’s nothing wrong with layering a generous scope of ice cream on this pancake bite to create a mouth-watering snack. But if a mix of sweet and savory is more your style, drizzle some syrup and serve with a side of savory hashbrown and eggs for the perfect breakfast meal. You get my drift 😉
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter, cooled
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional - berries
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and combine.
- Mix in the egg, milk, cooled butter, and vanilla extract until combined (it is OK to have some lumps).
- Spray silicone molds and divide the mixture into the molds till they are about 3/4 full.
- You can add a few berries into each mold cup (just don't do more than 3/4th full even with the fruit in)
- Cover the silicone tray with their covers and then cover again with some foil tightly wrapped around the edges to avoid condensation seeping into the pancake bites.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the Instant Pot insert followed by the trivet.
- Add the silicone molds on the trivet (stack them - you can only stack 2 at a time).
- Close the lid, set the sealing valve to ‘sealed’ and select high pressure, Pressure Cook / Manual, and set for 8 minutes.
- When done allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then quickly release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the silicone molds from the instant pot and open them.
- Turn the molds over on plate or tray and carefully tap the bottoms to remove the pancake bites without breaking.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, jam, Nutella, honey, and extra berries.
1. Best served warm so reheat in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
2. Keep for 3 days in the fridge.
3. Not all mold covers fit properly, so the foil keeps the water from entering.
4. This can make up to 20 bites depending on the size of your molds or if you use fruits and other add-ins
5. Swap in other berries like chopped blackberries and chopped strawberries
As a member of affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pancakes
What can I do with leftover pancake batter?
You can create fresh new food from pancake mix including cookies, pizza muffins, funnel cake (yes), chicken and dumplings, toffee bars, and more (source).
Can I store pancake batter?
Yes, you can store pancake batter. You can store premade pancake batter in the refrigerator or freezer for up to three days. Ensure the mix is tightly sealed before storing. This will prevent the edges from losing its consistency.
What is the best pancake mix?
Argh! This is a tough question. According to Good Housekeeping, Dancing Deer, Krusteaz, Hungry Jack, and Maple Grove Farms are the best. My personal preference is Krusteaz Light & Fluffy Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix. You can’t go wrong with this pancake mix!
Enjoyed this post? You’ll love these related posts: