This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
Instant Pot churro bites are like a cross between mini muffins, donut holes, and churros! They’re super easy to make using an egg bites mold. No frying needed.
Craving for churros but don’t want the tedious prep work?
Try these Instant Pot churro bites, a fun and unbelievably easy twist on the Mexican delights!
They’re super easy to make because they’re cooked in the Instant Pot using silicone egg molds.
Say goodbye to the mess and excess grease of fried churros and indulge in these fuss-free and deliciously fluffy churro bites instead. It’s like taking a bite of a mini muffin, donut hole, and churro in one! 😋
What Are Churro Bites?
Churro bites are like a cross between churros, mini muffins, and donut holes.
They’re small enough for snacking on the go but big enough to satisfy your cravings for the scrumptious Mexican treat.
Oh, and did I mention you don’t need to fry these churros bites???
I’m sure I’m not the only one holding their breath when squeezing the churro batter into the hot oil. With this churro bites recipe, you can now make churros splatter-free!
Just pour the batter in an egg bites mold and place it inside the Instant Pot. The muffin/donut hole-like mini churro bites will be ready in no time, and you won’t be left with a sink full of things to clean.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you love churros, then this Instant Pot churro recipe is meant for you:
- Fun and easy: These Instant Pot churros are so easy to make that the recipe can also be a fun bonding activity with kids! They’re the perfect dessert if you’re feeling lazy because you can just sit back and let Instant Pot do its magic. I bet the simple ingredients for this churro bites recipe are already in your pantry!
- Not fried: While crisp churros that are tender and chewy inside are crave-worthy, the fried treats are hard to enjoy guilt-free. Churros exploding out of a frying pan is also a scary experience I’m sure you don’t miss! 😂
- Never boring: These fun and easy churros bites can be your quick breakfast, on-the-go snack, or indulgent dessert! Transform the warm churro bites into your sweet tooth’s dream with different add-ins and dipping sauces.
What Do Instant Pot Churro Bites Taste Like?
So what do these Instant Pot churro bites taste like?
Because they’re made in an egg bites mold in the Instant Pot, they don’t have the same crisp, tender texture of fried churros.
Instead, you’ll sink your teeth into a light, fluffy, moist, muffin-style churro with just the right spiced sweetness from the cinnamon sugar coating.
In fact, you can adjust how sweet you want your churro bites to taste by modifying the recipe or using less sugar coating.
And for those like me who prefer their desserts ultra-decadent, these mini churro bites can be topped, filled, or dipped with just about anything. More on these mouthwatering pairings later. 😉
Are Churros Healthy?
Since these Instant Pot churro bites are made in the Instant Pot without oil, they’re healthier than your usual fried churros.
You can even modify the recipe or swap the ingredients to keep these delightful bite-size churros from breaking your diet.
What Are The Benefits Of Mini Churro Bites?
Making churros at home can be tedious, and I’m sure you’re not a fan of oil splatters, which can happen if you’re not careful with your technique in squeezing the churro batter in hot oil.
Additionally, fried churros give you nearly 35 of the day’s recommended 300 grams of carbs!
Now, I’m not saying you can just inhale a whole plate of these Instant Pot churro bites in one sitting. The fact that they’re not fried in oil just means they’re not as sinfully indulgent as your usual fried churros from amusement parks and carnivals.
Ingredients For Churros Bites
- Brown sugar – Using brown sugar instead of white sugar in our churro batter creates chewy, soft churro bites. 🤤
- Unsalted butter – Adds richness to the Instant Pot churros.
- Baking powder – This makes the inside of our churros bites airy as if we used eggs!
- Salt – To enhance the flavors of your Instant Pot churro bites.
- Cinnamon – Of course, our churro bites recipe will be incomplete without this warm spice. We’ll also use cinnamon in our sugar coating.
- Milk – The secret to deliciously moist churro bites.
- All-purpose flour – Weigh your flour to ensure accurate measurement!
- Granulated sugar – Why doesn’t sugar stick to my churros? The secret is rolling the churro bites in sugar while they’re still warm!
- Non-stick cooking spray – Even though our egg bites mold is non-stick, greasing it beforehand will make the removal of the Instant Pot churro bites much easier.
Tools Needed To Prepare Churros Bites
- Instant Pot for cooking our churros bites
- Egg bites mold for shaping our mini churro bites
- Trivet for stacking the mold in the Instant Pot
- Mixing bowl for combining the churro ingredients
- Whisk for mixing the churro batter
- Aluminum foil for covering the egg bites mold
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Instant Pot Churros
Put a chocolatey twist to your Instant Pot churros by adding chocolate chips to the batter! 🍫
Want some crunch to your churro bites? After rolling them in sugar, sprinkle the churros with chopped almonds.
For a more indulgent take on these Instant Pot churro bites, fill them with chocolate! No need to make a ganache because you can just use good old Nutella.
How To Make Churro Bites
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar for coating
- 1 tbsp cinnamon for coating
- Non-stick cooking spray
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot churro bites.
STEP 2: Spray the egg bites mold with non-stick cooking spray.
STEP 3: Combine brown sugar and butter until smooth.
STEP 4: Add the baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the milk slowly.
STEP 5: Add the flour slowly and mix to form the batter. Do not overmix.
STEP 6: Pour the churro batter into each cup of the egg bites mold for about 3/4 full. Cover the mold with its lid or aluminum foil and stack it on the trivet.
STEP 7: Add water to the Instant Pot. The minimum amount depends on the Instant Pot you have.
STEP 8: Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and secure the lid with the valve set to Sealing.
STEP 9: Cook the churro bites for 12 minutes on High Pressure. Release the steam naturally for 5 minutes.
STEP 10: Release the leftover pressure. Take out the mold from the Instant Pot.
STEP 11: Uncover the mold and flip it upside down to remove the churro bites.
STEP 12: For the cinnamon sugar coating, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Roll the churro bites in the coating while they’re still warm to help the sugar stick.
STEP 13: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
What To Serve With Instant Pot Churro Bites
Do yourself a favor and eat these churro bites while they’re still warm. Trust me, they’re already delicious on their own.
But of course, these are churros, and churros just feel incomplete without a dip!
Serve your Instant Pot churro bites with a salted caramel sauce, chocolate dip, strawberry sauce, or dulce de leche. 😋
You might also enjoy these mini churro bites with a drizzle of maple syrup or some cream cheese frosting on top.
But for the ultimate experience, why not prepare a delicious drink to sip with these Instant Pot churros?
Tips About Making This Churro Bites Recipe
Here are some additional notes to help you make the perfect churro bites:
- Keep these delicious churro bites from sticking by greasing the silicone egg bites mold with cooking spray beforehand. You can also help release the churro bites out of the egg mold cups by pushing the bottom of each cup with your finger when you flip the mold onto a plate.
- Save yourself from dense churro bites with this one tip: Do not overmix the batter! Just mix until everything comes together.
- Rolling the mini churro bites in the cinnamon sugar mixture while they’re still warm should help the sugar coating stick. You can also dip the churros in melted butter before rolling them in sugar.
How To Store Mini Churro Bites
Keep your Instant Pot churro bites fresh and delicious with these storage tips:
- Counter: Allow your churro bites to cool completely, then transfer them into an airtight container. While these churros are best when eaten immediately, they should last on the counter for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: Store the Instant Pot churros (before rolling them in sugar) in a freezer-safe container, and freeze them for up to 3 months! However, I doubt they’ll last that long because they’re seriously addictive. 😅
- Reheating: To reheat your churro bites, just toss them in the microwave for 30 seconds. But if they’re frozen, thaw your churros bites first and roll them in cinnamon and sugar to keep them from getting soggy.
Are Churro Bites Vegan?
Are Churros a Snack or Dessert?
Churros can be a snack or dessert.
As a snack, you can enjoy them with coffee for a quick and tasty pick-me-up. You can also transform them into a delectable dessert and serve them with luscious dips like chocolate sauce or dulce de leche.
And if you’re looking for a delicious drink that is as decadent as a dessert to pair with churros, I’m sure our creamy and dangerously addictive homemade salted caramel milkshake will make you happy.
What Flavors Go Well with Churros?
Churros go well with just about everything!
You can’t go wrong with the classic churros and chocolate combo or the ever-irresistible churros and caramel pairing.
If you love fruity flavors, raspberries, mangoes, and even guava are delicious with churros.
You can also use common pantry ingredients like cream cheese or maple syrup to instantly elevate homemade churro bites!
FAQ About Churro Bites
Can you freeze these churros bites?
Yes, but I recommend freezing these churro bites before rolling them in the sugar cinnamon mix. They will keep well for 2 to 3 months.
Are churros baked or fried?
Churros are traditionally deep-fried, but you can also bake them. For a unique experience, why not make them as churro bites in the Instant Pot like what we did in this recipe?
Can you make churros in an air fryer?
You can air fry churros! The technique is air frying the churros in batches for 10 to 12 minutes at 375°F.
How long to fry churro bites?
Squeeze your churro dough over hot oil, then fry the churro bites for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot churro bites.
- Spray the egg bites mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the milk slowly.
- Add the flour slowly and mix to form the batter. Do not overmix.
- Pour the churro batter into each cup of the egg bites mold for about 3/4 full. Cover the mold with its lid or aluminum foil and stack it on the trivet.
- Add water to the Instant Pot. The minimum amount depends on the Instant Pot you have.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and secure the lid with the valve set to Sealing.
- Cook the churro bites for 12 minutes on High Pressure. Release the steam naturally for 5 minutes.
- Release the leftover pressure. Take out the mold from the Instant Pot.
- Uncover the mold and flip it upside down to remove the churro bites.
- For the cinnamon sugar coating, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Roll the churro bites in the coating while they're still warm to help the sugar stick.
- Serve with your favorite dip, and enjoy!
- Grease the egg bites mold with cooking spray so it'll be easier to remove the churro bites. You can also push the bottom of each cup to help release the churro bite out of the mold.
- Do not overmix your churro batter! This will lead to dense churro bites.
- Is the cinnamon sugar coating not sticking to your churros? Just dip them in melted butter before rolling the churro bites in the sugar coating!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1329Total Fat: 79gSaturated Fat: 49gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 163gFiber: 1gSugar: 162gProtein: 1g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Instant Pot churro bites will satisfy your cravings for churros without the scary oil splatters and excess grease.
Perfect as an on-the-go snack or dessert, these muffin-style churros are dangerously addictive and surprisingly easy to make.
Just pour the batter in egg bites mold and sit back as Instant Pot cooks the delicious dessert for you.
Did you know you can make many desserts with egg bite molds? Satisfy your sweet tooth with these quick and easy Instant Pot delights:
- Instant Pot Banana Bread Bites
- Delicious Instant Pot Brownie Bites Recipe
- Quick & Easy Instant Pot Pancake Bites
- Instant Pot Cheesecake Bites
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites Recipe
PIN FOR LATER!