This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These bacon chocolate chip cookies are deliciously sweet and salty! Each soft and chewy bite is simply irresistible, whether you’re a sweet tooth or not.
Almost everyone loves bacon, and no one will refuse a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie. But what if you combine the two and make bacon chocolate chip cookies?
The salty, crisp, and savory bacon perfectly balances the soft and sweet chewy chocolate chip cookies to create the most indulgent pairing.
These must-try chocolate chip bacon cookies will surely convert any skeptic on the first bite!
What Are Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Bacon chocolate chip cookies might raise some eyebrows, but the contrasting salty and sweet taste is something cookie lovers should try before being weirded out.
The soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie with chopped crispy bacon will delight anybody, sweet tooth or not.
Bacon chocolate chip cookies are chocolate chip cookies with a twist from the savory and salty bacon bits.
And interestingly, the pairing works perfectly because the chocolate chip bacon cookies are not overly sweet, unlike biting on sugar crumbles.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
The boring chocolate chip cookies are out, and the unique and decadent bacon chocolate chip cookies are in. Try this easy 25-minute recipe and enjoy the following:
- Delightful Treats for Every Taste Bud – These insanely good chocolate chip bacon cookies offer a delicious balance of salty and sweet, so even people who don’t love sweet desserts will enjoy them.
- Versatile Recipe for Creative Cooks – This bacon chocolate chip cookie recipe is already delicious, but it can be experimented with different ingredients and create unique flavor combinations. We’ve listed the best ingredient additions with bacon and chocolate cookies below.
- Foolproof 25-Minute Recipe – Impress loved ones with a unique homemade treat that’s easy and quick to make. Homemade bacon chocolate chip cookies will surely be a hit, whether at the dessert table or as gifts.
What Do Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies Taste Like?
The thought of savory, crispy bacon bits in a sweet and chocolatey cookie initially seems confusing, but the first bite will make you say, “I can’t believe this worked!”
The odd combination of smokey bacon and chocolatey cookie works deliciously because the saltiness balances the sweetness.
Do not doubt the pairing because it’s similar to the tried and tested practice of adding salt to sweet foods to enhance them.
And for complete dessert satisfaction, you’ll enjoy the texture of the crisp bacon bits in the soft and chewy cookies with slightly melted chocolate. Yum!
Are Chocolate Bacon Cookies Healthy?
Eating high-sugar desserts like these indulgent chocolate chip bacon cookies makes us feel good because of the surge of dopamine. However, consuming too much sugar is unhealthy and can lead to weight gain.
Bacon can also be high in fats and sodium, so it’s best eaten in moderation.
Enjoy bacon chocolate chip cookies for longer by considering them a treat you’ll reward yourself and not too often.
You can also limit the number of cookies you’ll have so you won’t exceed your recommended daily calories.
Or, to make a healthier recipe, find alternatives for flour, butter, and regular chocolate chips based on your diet.
What Are The Benefits Of Chocolate Chip And Bacon Cookies?
The best thing about these bacon chocolate chip cookies is they bring the boring chocolate chip cookie recipe to the next level. The unique combination will surely intrigue anyone to try them.
The mouthwatering salty and sweet combo also makes the cookies appetizing, even for someone who doesn’t particularly love desserts and sweet treats.
And finally, this 25-minute recipe makes the famous bacon and chocolate chip cookie easy and fast.
You only need basic ingredients and can modify the recipe with different elements to suit your taste and diet.
Ingredients For Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All-purpose flour – Affordable and readily available cookie ingredient that’s probably already in the kitchen pantry.
- Cornstarch – Follow the recipe’s recommended cornstarch amount to get the perfect workable cookie dough, even as a first-timer. This ingredient helps keep the dough less sticky.
- Baking soda – The secret to fluffy and delectable bacon chocolate chip cookies.
- Butter – Take the unsalted butter from the fridge and leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes before mixing it with sugar to get the best creamy consistency.
- Brown sugar – Adds a deep flavor to the rich bacon chocolate chip cookies. Brown sugar also helps with the chewy texture of the cookies.
- White sugar – The perfect chocolate chip bacon cookies are made with brown and white sugar. White sugar not only adds sweetness but also helps the cookies to spread when baking.
- Eggs – An essential cookie ingredient to get height on the homemade cookies with chocolate and bacon.
- Vanilla extract – Enhance the flavors in these trending bacon chocolate chip cookies.
- Salt – Adding salt to the cookie dough helps it expand.
- Bacon – The ultimate, savory, and salty pair to the sweet chocolate chip cookies.
- Chocolate chips – You can use any chocolate chips, but semi-sweet creates a well-balanced taste.
Tools Needed To Prepare Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oven for baking the bacon chocolate chip cookies
- Mixing bowl for incorporating the ingredients together
- Stand mixer for creaming the butter and sugar
- Cookie scoop for portioning the cookie dough
- Parchment paper for lining the cookie sheets
- Wire racks for cooling the chocolate chip bacon cookies
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Instead of just loading your bacon cookies with chocolate chips, mix small pieces of caramel into the dough before baking. Enjoy the mouthwatering salted caramel taste in each bite.
Want to take these homemade chocolate and bacon cookies to the next level? Use one teaspoon to one tablespoon of bourbon whiskey extract to the wet ingredients for a rich complementary flavor to the sweetness of cookies.
Add maple syrup to achieve moist, balanced dark, sweet bacon chocolate chip cookies. Use half a cup of pure and real maple syrup in the cookie mixture.
How to Make Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1lb bacon, crisped and chopped
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Gather all the ingredients for the chocolate chip bacon cookies.
STEP 2: Mix the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, and baking soda, in a small bowl. Use less cornstarch if you don’t like a fluffy cookie.
STEP 3: Beat the softened butter, brown, and white sugar in a large bowl for two minutes until creamy.
STEP 4: Stir in the eggs, salt, and vanilla in the butter mixture.
STEP 5: Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix.
STEP 6: Stir in the bacon and chocolate chips. Add as much as desired.
STEP 7: Scoop out the cookie dough and arrange them on the lined cookie sheets. Each scoop is about one tablespoon, and the cookies are three inches apart.
STEP 8: Bake the bacon chocolate chip cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly toasted.
STEP 9: Once the chocolate chip bacon cookies are lightly golden, remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies sit on the sheets for 3 minutes. Move the freshly baked cookies to the wire racks to cool completely for 2 minutes.
What To Serve With Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
Enjoy chocolate chip bacon cookies with vanilla ice cream for a cold and creamy delightful contrast. For a colorful dessert table, you can also serve them with mixed nuts and dried fruits.
And for a classic pairing, try these bacon chocolate chip cookies with hot or cold tea, coffee, or milk.
You can also impress your guests with these surprisingly easy drinks for a relaxing treat:
Tips About Making Chocolate Bacon Cookies
These sweet and savory chocolate bacon cookies are ready in just 25 minutes. But to get the perfect golden, soft, and chewy cookies each time, keep these tips in mind:
- When cooking the bacon before incorporating them into the cookie dough, remember that it can crisp up more when the chocolate chip bacon cookies are baked in the oven. You can cook bacon over medium heat for perfect doneness.
- Do not overmix the bacon chocolate chip cookie dough to avoid overdeveloping the gluten, which can cause dense cookies. Also, overmixing adds too much air to the dough, and the cookies will fall flat when baked.
- Use a stand mixer to cream butter and sugar conveniently and achieve a light, fluffy consistency. But if working by hand, stir diligently with a wooden spoon.
How To Store Chocolate Chip And Bacon Cookies
You can make these bacon chocolate chip cookies in advance or store the leftovers in the fridge and freezer. Here’s how:
Fridge: Cool the chocolate chip bacon cookies entirely and store them in an airtight container for two days in the fridge.
Freezer: Freeze the baked bacon chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container for a month. Separate each layer with parchment paper to keep the cookies from sticking to each other.
Reheating: You can freeze the cookie dough balls on the sheet for three hours, then store them in a freezer bag for two months. They’ll be ready to be baked as usual with three minutes more cooking time if frozen.
Why Do We Bake Cookies And Cook Bacon?
You should crisp up the bacon before incorporating them into the cookie dough for this recipe. This way, they’ll be done to the perfect crunchy and chewy texture, and their savory flavors will mix nicely with the cookies as they bake.
Cookies must also be baked to rise with a soft interior and toasted edges.
Do You Need Brown Sugar For Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Brown sugar is essential when making chocolate chip cookies to get the beloved chewy texture, deep sweet taste, and mouthwatering brown color.
FAQ About Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are bacon chocolate chip cookies storable at room temp?
Yes, you can store these bacon chocolate chip cookies at room temperature for one week. After cooling, place them inside an airtight container with a piece of bread to keep them moist.
Can you cook bacon on a cookie sheet?
Yes, you can cook the bacon on a large cookie sheet if you want to do everything in the oven. Line it with parchment paper and cook for 10 to 20 minutes.
What is a chocolate chip cookie without chocolate chips?
Chocolate chip cookies without chocolate chips are chipless chocolate chip cookies. They can’t be considered sugar cookies because sugar cookies only use white sugar, whereas chocolate chip cookies should have brown sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Gather all the ingredients for the chocolate chip bacon cookies.
- Mix the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, and baking soda, in a small bowl. Use less cornstarch if you don’t like a fluffy cookie.
- Beat the softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl for two minutes until creamy.
- Stir in the eggs, salt, and vanilla in the butter mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix.
- Stir in the bacon and chocolate chips. Add as much as desired.
- Scoop out the cookie dough and arrange them on the lined cookie sheets. Each scoop is about one tablespoon, and the cookies are three inches apart.
- Bake the bacon chocolate chip cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Once the chocolate chip bacon cookies are lightly golden, remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies sit on the sheets for 3 minutes. Move the freshly baked cookies to the wire racks to cool completely for 2 minutes.
- Cook the bacon on the stovetop over medium heat until crispy and transfer to paper towels to absorb the excess grease. Let the bacon cool and chop it into small pieces for the cookies.
- Do not overmix the cookie dough because this leads to excess air, and the cookies will fall flat when baked. Overmixing also leads to the overdevelopment of gluten, which makes the cookies too dense.
- Creaming butter and sugar is best with a stand or hand mixer. But if unavailable, you can mash the sugars into the butter with a fork and stir until fluffy with a wooden spoon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 340mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
These mouthwatering bacon chocolate chip cookies will fix your savory and sweet cravings.
They’re easy to make in 25 minutes, and this recipe can be modified with additional yummy ingredients like caramel, bourbon extract, and maple syrup.
Bacon and chocolate chip cookies are both delicious, but you should try them together. The shockingly good sweet and salty pairing can be served with nuts, dried fruits, ice cream, or favorite drinks.
Do these chocolate chip bacon cookies get you craving bacon? You’ll love these easy and mouthwatering bacon recipes: