This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This super cute turkey charcuterie board is the perfect Thanksgiving appetizer! Every feather of this turkey snack board is a treat for the eyes and taste buds.
Your guests will surely be in awe with this fun Thanksgiving turkey charcuterie board!
We are serving appetizers and goodies on a cute turkey snack board.
Each “feather” of the adorable turkey tail is something to relish. Made from savory meat, crackers, fruits, nuts, and corn, this platter is simply perfect for this holiday season.
You’ll never serve your Thanksgiving appetizers any other way once you try this super easy charcuterie board!
What Is A Turkey Charcuterie Board?
Let me get this straight, a turkey charcuterie board is not a charcuterie board made with turkey slices.
Instead, it’s a creative turkey snack board where the yummy treats and goodies are arranged to look like a turkey. Of course, you’re free to use turkey slices as well, but this turkey centerpiece won’t require any meticulous preparations.
Starting with the pear as the bird, you’ll make your turkey charcuterie board come alive by arranging different foods to form its tail.
This super easy Thanksgiving appetizer platter features ham slices, corn, nuts, figs, cucumbers, grapes, biscuits, and candies, but feel free to use whatever you like.
I’ve also included some board ideas for those who want to make their Thanksgiving turkey grazing board with cheese, sweets, and veggies below. 😉
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Here are why this Thanksgiving turkey charcuterie board should be the star of your table this holiday:
- Ridiculously Easy: No need to prepare turkey stuffing because the only thing everyone needs to do with this turkey snack board is stuff their faces! Your platter is ready in under 10 minutes since you won’t need to cook anything.
- Impressive Centerpiece: Sure, you can just fill bowls and trays with these appetizers and snacks, but where’s the fun in that? Get creative and delight your guests with a turkey charcuterie board that will easily be the star of your Thanksgiving table.
- Delicious and Customizable: Much like any other grazing board, this Thanksgiving turkey platter is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. We have everything for everyone, from salty to savory, and you can customize your set-up however you like!
What Does This Turkey Snack Board Taste Like?
This Thanksgiving snack board tastes sweet and savory! Have your guests gobble gobble their way through this adorable platter.
This cute turkey charcuterie board is not only for your social media feed. The selection of meat, fruits, biscuits, nuts, and candies that make up the iconic bird also opens many pairing possibilities for everyone to try.
I also think this appetizer board is just perfect while waiting for your main Thanksgiving dishes or as something to munch on while watching the parade or football on TV!
Is This Turkey Charcuterie Board Healthy?
This Thanksgiving turkey snack board is relatively healthy, especially compared to junk foods often enjoyed during the holiday season.
The goodies are light and literally perfect for sparking your appetite before the main meals!
Now, I know this platter also has gummy candies, salted corn, and mini cookies, but the way it’s set up is fantastic for managing portions than filling bowls and trays that make it easy to over-eat.
But of course, you can always customize your turkey charcuterie board and make it extra nutritious.
What Are The Benefits Of A Turkey Snack Board?
This turkey charcuterie board is a lifesaver for Thanksgiving hosts! Why?
Well, if you find yourself running out of time to prepare a platter of snacks to keep the guests busy while waiting for your main meals to finish (like an actual roasted turkey!), you can quickly whip up this board!
It’s super easy to make since you only need to put the items on a board.
You can also add your favorite snacks or substitute the components we have on the platter. Since it’s a fall holiday, you might like sweets to pair with cozy beverages.
Ingredients For Turkey Charcuterie Board
- Ham slices – One of the delicious “feathers” of this cute turkey charcuterie board is rolled ham!
- Grapes – We used two types of grapes on this turkey snack board for color variation. You can also substitute them with any of your favorite fruit.
- Mini cucumbers – We’ll have fresh cucumber slices on our platter. They are great for snacking or for pairing with meats!
- Pear – The main turkey body! Isn’t it creative?
- Peanuts – Easy, crowd-pleasing snack. I already picked salted peanuts, but you can prepare them with sugar or whatever spices and seasonings you like.
- Dried figs -Dried figs are not just decorations for our turkey’s tail. They’re also delicious and simply irresistible.
- Gummy rings – I want to have various shapes for our turkey tail, so we’ll also add round gummies.
- Mini cookies – I used Petit Beurre, but you can use any mini biscuit or cookie you like. You can even dip them in colored chocolate if you have a color theme in mind for the turkey.
- Roasted salted corn – I swear these salted corn bits are super addictive!!! They make the perfect tail for our turkey as well.
Tools Needed To Prepare This Turkey Charcuterie Board
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Turkey Snack Board
You can add cheese to this platter or arrange a turkey cheese board! Gouda immediately comes to mind, but you can put any cheese snacks on your snack board.
If you have different types of cheese, I also recommend adding bell peppers. Not only will peppers add fun colors to the turkey, but they also pair well with cheese. 🤤
Here’s a fun idea: use the fall color palette to inspire your turkey dessert board! You can use orange, brown, or yellow treats, for example.
I know the thought of snacking on veggies is not something crave-worthy, but once you try them with creamy dips, you’ll change your mind!
How To Make A Turkey Charcuterie Board
- 10 pcs ham slices (I used beef), rolled
- 1 cup grapes
- 3 pcs mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 pc pear
- 1 cup peanuts
- ½ cup dried figs, sliced
- 1 cup gummy rings
- ½ cup mini cookies (I used Petit Beurre)
- 1 cup roasted salted corn
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for your turkey charcuterie board.
STEP 2: Place the pear in the center of the platter and decorate it. This will be the bird or body of the turkey.
STEP 3:Start building the tail of the turkey. Arrange the corn and nuts around the pear.
STEP 4: Continue forming the feathers around the turkey by alternating rolled ham and grapes.
STEP 5: Finish the platter with gummy candies, figs, cucumbers, and biscuits.
What To Serve With This Thanksgiving Turkey Charcuterie Board
I suggest serving this Thanksgiving turkey charcuterie board with various dips and spreads.
Maybe also have your favorite bread slices to the side, or try our recipe for homemade French bread (yep, it’s possible to make a freaking baguette at home!)
But if you want to make the ultimate Thanksgiving table, why not have this platter alongside an actual roasted turkey? And as your side and dessert, I have two recipes for you.
Instead of mashed potatoes, how about some accordion potatoes? These crispy potatoes went viral for a reason, and though they look complicated, they’re actually easy to make.
I’m sure you’ll also love our pumpkin cheesecake bars instead of a pumpkin pie. They’re perfect for Thanksgiving gatherings since everyone can just grab a piece.
Tips About Making A Turkey Charcuterie Board
This super easy turkey snack board doesn’t need additional tips, as it’s literally just arranging everything around the pear. However, you might find these additional tips useful:
- We’re using a round platter as it’s easier to layer the ingredients and form the tail of the “turkey” in this board shape. But if you only have a square board, just arrange the ingredients in an arc around the pear.
- Add details to your turkey and make it super adorable! Maybe give him candy eyes and a nut for his beak.
- Combine different foods to make the turkey feathers! You can also follow a specific theme, like making a delicious cheese turkey charcuterie board.
How To Store Turkey Snack Board
Got leftovers from Thanksgiving? You can store the components of this turkey charcuterie board this way:
- Fridge: Group similar items from this turkey snack board in individual containers, then refrigerate. For the best textures and flavors, I recommend eating them within 3 days!
- Freezer: We have fresh fruits and crispy snacks on this platter, so freezing the leftovers will just lead to unappealing textures. Platters like this have also been sitting out at gatherings, so the leftovers are best eaten immediately.
Does Turkey Go On A Charcuterie Board?
Of course! Charcuterie boards and grazing boards are best enjoyed with various types of meat, including turkey.
You can even use turkey ham on this Thanksgiving turkey charcuterie board.
We’re actually a fan of turkey ham as it’s not as fatty as pork. We featured turkey ham on our sweet and savory breakfast charcuterie board!
How Do You Fold Turkey Slices For Charcuterie Board?
You can just roll your turkey slices like we did on this turkey board. But with thin slices, why not arrange them like roses and impress your guests?
Just prepare a wine glass according to the size of the meat flower you want to make and fold the slices around the brim.
Running out of time to make fancy meat folds for your Thanksgiving charcuterie?
Here’s an instant way to elevate your meat arrangement on the platter: Fold the turkey slices in quarters and arrange them next to each other in opposite directions!
FAQ About Turkey Charcuterie Board
Can this turkey charcuterie board be made ahead of time?
Yes! This turkey snack board requires no cooking, so it’s possible to prepare everything ahead of time for serving the next day. Simply assemble everything in the platter, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate!
What do you put on a Thanksgiving charcuterie board?
You can put holiday-inspired foods like turkey slices, pumpkin, figs, dried cranberries, and baby carrots on your Thanksgiving charcuterie board. For sweets, add cinnamon desserts perfect for fall, like our apple cinnamon brownies!
- Gather the ingredients for your turkey charcuterie board.
- Place the pear in the center of the platter and decorate it. This will be the bird or body of the turkey.
- Start building the tail of the turkey. Arrange the corn and nuts around the pear.
- Continue forming the feathers around the turkey by alternating rolled ham and grapes.
- Finish the platter with gummy candies, figs, cucumbers, and biscuits.
- We’re using a round platter, so it’s easier to layer the ingredients and form the turkey's tail. But if you only have a square board, just arrange the components in an arc around the pear.
- Use candies and nuts to make the beak and eyes of the turkey.
- Get creative with what you’ll add to make the turkey feathers! You can also follow a specific theme, like making an all-cheese board or vegan platter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 6g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Have you ever had a Thanksgiving turkey where you ate every part of the bird?
I’m not talking about an actual roasted turkey, but a cute and fun appetizer arrangement worthy of being the holiday table centerpiece: a turkey charcuterie board!
This turkey has a pear for its body and yummy snacks for its tail. How creative is that?
It’s also a joy to make, and your inner Pinterest girl (or guy) will be happy coming up with what to use to form the bird’s feathers.
Maybe feature bite-size versions of your Thanksgiving favorites, or add the fruits and veggies in season every fall!
But if you need more inspiration to step up your charcuterie board game, here are some ideas you can do: