This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
The Pumpkin Spice Vietnamese Iced Coffee is the best homemade coffee you’ll ever taste! It is deliciously sweet, richly aromatic, and perfectly spiced. Best of all, it’s easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
An intriguing beverage with Vietnamese roots, Vietnamese pumpkin spiced iced coffee is the perfect cup of joe to prepare you for the day.
You don’t need to be an expert to make a delicious Vietnamese pumpkin spice iced coffee.
This beverage can be prepared using a few essential ingredients like milk, homemade pumpkin spice syrup, condensed milk, and coffee. So without further ado, let’s get started!
What Does Pumpkin Spice Coffee Taste Like?
It has a strong, intriguing aroma and a rich, creamy taste. The coffee has a spicy flavor that is reminiscent of traditional pumpkin spice.
When consumed hot, the drink tastes like holidays and coziness. Perhaps the best way is to drink it cold, just like a cold coffee, for a rich, creamy, and cool delight on hot summer days.
Vietnamese Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee Ingredients
- Freshly Brewed Coffee Iced – Adding freshly brewed coffee iced will take your cup of coffee to the next level of deliciousness.
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup – Pumpkin spice syrup will give this Vietnamese iced coffee drink an extra fall flavor kick while adding sweetness.
- Half and Half – If you want to add some creamy goodness to your coffee, try using half-and-half instead of whole milk like oat, coconut, almond, or cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Add sweetened condensed milk for an extra hit of sweetness to your cup of coffee.
- Premium Arabica Coffee – Our Coffee Concentrates are made with 100% natural arabica coffee that is ethically and sustainably sourced from farms all over the world. Each sip promises the experience of freshly brewed ice or hot coffee, without any bitterness or acidic aftertaste. Enjoy the taste of pure, ultra-smooth coffee in every sip!
- Quality Ingredients – Indulge in a healthier coffee experience with our thoughtfully crafted coffee concentrates, a delicious alternative to conventional coffee shop beverages. Our concentrates are brewed using premium Arabica beans, purified water, and natural flavors—free from sugar, artificial additives, fillers, and preservatives.
- Pumpkin Pie Sauce: Celebrate the holidays anytime with the authentic taste of a fall favorite! Our pumpkin pie flavored sauce contains pumpkin & spice flavors inspired by the traditional dessert.
- Fall Flavor Inspiration: Add our festive Classic Pumpkin Pie Sauce to a wide range of seasonal beverages & culinary applications for an autumnal twist. It’s perfect for a warm-up on a chilly day!
- Carnation Half & Half: These Half and Half Liquid Coffee Creamer Singles are made with real dairy and have a rich, creamy flavor that can be added to coffee, desserts, and more
- Made with Real Dairy: Real Grade A dairy creamer (Kosher dairy) – no refrigeration necessary
Vietnamese Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee Tools
- A tall glass containing the ingredients to make your coffee.
- A spoon for measuring and mixing.
- A straw (optional).
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For This Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Instead of pumpkin spice syrup, try adding one cup of strong cold brew coffee and two tablespoons of honey.
If you want to add extra sweetness and spice to your drink, add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Cream of coconut is an excellent substitute for sweetened condensed milk. It makes a light, flavorful addition to any delicious dessert.
While it contains fat, the coconut cream contains healthy saturated fats, which can potentially improve your heart health by raising good cholesterol levels (via WebMD).
How to Make Vietnamese Pumpkin Spice Coffee (Step-by-Step)
- 6 ounces freshly brewed coffee, chilled
- 1 ounce of homemade pumpkin spice syrup (store-bought option works too!)
- 4 ounces half & half
- 1 ounce sweetened condensed milk
STEP 1: Fill a tall glass with ice.
STEP 3: Stir well to combine.
STEP 4: Enjoy!
What to Serve With Vietnamese Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee
- You can top the whole coffee off with nuts like almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne for flavor enhancement. Adding heavy cream and ice cubes can enhance your iced coffee drink’s flavor.
- Serving something sweet along with your Vietnamese Pumpkin Iced Coffee, like plain croissants, butter croissants, or this Bananas Foster Croissant Bread Pudding, will help balance out the spiciness from the coffee.
- If you’re all about fall vibes, pair this drink with a slice of this black velvet cake.
- And if you’re in the mood for something savory, you can’t go wrong with the tastiest Nigerian meat pies.
- You can also enjoy berries alongside a tall cup of our Vietnamese pumpkin iced coffee.
Tips About Making This Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee
- You want to remember that the pumpkin spice syrup you use for your Vietnamese pumpkin spiced iced coffee should not be more than a month old. The fresher the syrup, the better the coffee’s flavor.
- Consider using high-quality coffee beans with hot water when making Vietnamese pumpkin spice iced coffee. The best ones are Arabica beans grown in mountainous regions with rich volcanic soil, making them strong coffee beans.
- You may also make the flavor of your Vietnamese coffee more intense by adding a shot of espresso or an extra teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
How To Store Vietnamese Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee
You can store your Vietnamese pumpkin spice iced coffee in an airtight container in the fridge for a while or in the freezer for 3-4 months (Source).
Ideally, you should consider drinking your coffee as soon as possible, with some ice cubes in it, to avoid flavor loss. What’s more, it can also start smelling weird and go bad.
Furthermore, keep your coffee covered to avoid spilling your drink.
What’s in an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
An iced pumpkin spice latte is an iced latte with pumpkin spice syrup added.
It’s typically made with espresso, milk, coffee beans, and pumpkin spice syrup, which is made up of sugar, water, cinnamon oil, ginger oil, nutmeg oil, clove oil, and natural flavorings.
You can also top your pumpkin spiced latte with whipped cream or drizzle it with some caramel sauce to make it the type of coffee you love.
I love experimenting with different flavors in my coffee, and this recipe for Vietnamese Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee is one of my favorites.
But if you’re in the mood for something fruity and sweet, try this recipe for Strawberry Milk Tea with Boba.
Does Pumpkin Spice Latte Have Coffee?
Yes, a pumpkin pie spice latte has coffee. It’s made with Starbucks’ signature espresso blend and Arabica beans. This blend is also used in all other drinks on the menu, including the regular latte, strong coffee, and regular coffee.
The Starbucks iced pumpkin spice uses caramel syrup and pumpkin pie spice syrup to create the signature flavor of the pumpkin spice latte.
While these syrups contain no pumpkin, they have real spices that give them that fall flavor we all love.
You can also top it with whipped cream, a dash of nutmeg, and cinnamon sprinkles for an extra kick.
Does Pumpkin Spice Coffee Have Calories?
The average 16 oz (473 g) serving of pumpkin spice coffee has 377 calories. This amount includes natural and artificial ingredients and added sugars and fats.
Pumpkin spice coffee without added sugar has about 240 calories per 16 oz (473 g) serving.
What Creamer Goes Well With Pumpkin Spice Coffee?
Vanilla coffee-mate creamer is one of the most popular brands of non-dairy creamer available on the market today.
It has a sweet and creamy taste that will complement your pumpkin spice coffee well. If you like the taste of vanilla but don’t want to use milk or cream in your drink, this product is ideal for you.
Can You Put Pumpkin Pie Spice In Coffee?
People often use pumpkin pie spice in their coffee to give it a spicy yet sweet flavor. However, this isn’t the same as adding sugar or honey.
Cinnamon and nutmeg aren’t sweet on their own; they are spicy. If you want your coffee to taste like pumpkin pie, it’s best to add real pumpkin puree or fresh pumpkin instead of pumpkin pie spice.
Is Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer Gluten-Free?
Yes, Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer is gluten-free, which means that it won’t cause any digestive problems for those who are sensitive to gluten.
In addition to being gluten-free, coffee mate pumpkin spice creamer is lactose-free and cholesterol-free. This makes it an ideal product for folks with dietary restrictions or concerns.
Other FAQ About Vietnamese Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee
What pumpkin sauce does Starbucks use?
Starbucks has its official sauce called “Pumpkin Sauce,” which they also sell to consumers. It is a sugar-filled sauce mainly containing sugar, condensed milk, and pumpkin puree.
Does pumpkin go well with coffee?
Pumpkin goes really well with coffee, creating an entirely new intense flavor and aroma. However, most people don’t enjoy the taste of pumpkin with their coffees and prefer traditional coffee flavors.
What pumpkin spice does Starbucks use?
Starbucks uses their “Pumpkin Spice Topping” as pumpkin spice, which contains clove, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon.
- 6 ounces freshly brewed coffee, chilled
- 1 ounce pumpkin spice syrup
- 4 ounces half & half
- 1 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour the chilled coffee, pumpkin spice syrup, half & half, and sweetened condensed milk into the glass.
- Stir well to combine.
- We used Starbucks Iced Coffee Blend for the brewed coffee.
- You can use whole milk, soy milk, or any milk you like as an alternative to half & half.
* This recipe was originally published on 09/2011 by Jaclyn. Notes and photos were updated on 08/2022.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 0gSugar: 47gProtein: 7g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
This Vietnamese-style pumpkin spice iced coffee is a sweet, spicy, and aromatic fall drink that combines pumpkin spice’s deep, rich flavors with our favorite Vietnamese-style cold coffee.
Made with pumpkin spice syrup, this coffee is sure to hit the spot on a cool autumn day.
You can enjoy it in the first part of the day to kickstart your day or drink it at any other time for a quick pick-me-up.
This Vietnamese-style pumpkin spice iced coffee doesn’t disappoint whichever way you drink it.
So, give this recipe a try if you’re in the mood for something a little different than your usual pumpkin spice latte.