This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These easy Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese are as tasty as Starbucks egg bites. Great for breakfast and customizable with different fillings!
Want a high-protein breakfast idea that’s so easy to whip up you won’t break a sweat?
Try these Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese!
The great thing about this Instant Pot egg bites recipe is it’s as tasty as the egg bites from Starbucks cooked using the sous vide technique. The secret?
The always-handy multi-cooker: Instant Pot.
You can even make different variations of egg bites without cottage cheese using your favorite fillings! But if you haven’t tried them before, what the heck are egg bites anyway?
What Are Egg Bites?
Egg bites are muffin-shaped eggs that are soft, full of flavor, and perfect for breakfast on the go. Think of them as bite-sized frittatas that are fluffy, savory, and extremely satisfying. 😋
The egg bites you’re probably familiar with are the ones from Starbucks, and if you check their menu, the ingredients for their velvety sous vide egg bites include cottage cheese.
But if you don’t have cottage cheese on hand, does that mean you can’t achieve an irresistibly fluffy texture on your eggs?
Well, these Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese prove that your eggs will come out soft and delicious with the readily available mozzarella cheese.
Starbucks also prepare their fluffy egg bites using the sous vide method, but we’re doing the easier Instant Pot egg bites recipe.
The multicooker will do everything for you, and you’ll get perfect egg bites without cottage cheese every single time. No guesswork needed!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This Instant Pot egg bites recipe deserves the fanbase because:
- On The Go Breakfast: Instant Pot egg bites are perfect for hectic mornings when you don’t have time to cook or sit down and eat. Just grab a piece for a protein-packed, tasty bite.
- Customizable: These egg bites without cottage cheese are full of flavor, but you can customize them with whatever filling you want. From bacon and gruyere, spinach and mushroom to utilizing your leftover roasted peppers, you won’t get tired of these bite-sized delights!
- Crowd Favorite: You can convince even the pickiest eater to try these portable eggs. These Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese are definitely not an acquired taste.
What Do Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese Taste Like?
These egg bites without cottage cheese taste as scrumptious as the egg bites from Starbucks. They’re soft, savory, and cheesy; what else could an egg lover ask for?
Even though we don’t use the intimidating sous vide technique for this egg bites recipe without cottage cheese, cooking them in an electric pressure cooker gives them the perfect fluffy texture.
I doubt you’ll enjoy your egg bites if they’re dense.
You’ll only need eggs, mozzarella cheese, milk, tomatoes, garlic, chives, and seasonings for this egg bites recipe without cottage cheese, but you can always mix and match fillings to satisfy your cravings.
Is This Egg Bites Recipe Without Cottage Cheese Healthy?
These Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese are perfect for starting the day, thanks to the protein boost from eggs.
We also used mozzarella cheese instead of cottage cheese for this Instant Pot egg bites recipe. Did you know mozzarella cheese is lower in sodium and calories than other cheeses? (Another reason to love this cheese!)
And to take its nutritional content to the next level, make these egg bites recipes without cottage cheese with other veggies for a healthy breakfast.
What Are The Benefits Of Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese?
Craving for fluffy and tasty eggs that are also effortless to make? No need to go for a Starbucks run or learn sous vide with this pressure cooker egg bites recipe!
These protein-packed breakfast bites are as delicious and satisfying as Starbucks egg bites made with cottage cheese.
We’re swapping cottage cheese with mozzarella cheese that tastes divine with our fillings: garlic and tomatoes. 🤤
And even if you’re not a fan of those fillings, just swap them with whatever you like, and these egg bites will welcome your favorite flavor combinations deliciously.
Ingredients For This Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe
- Eggs – If you store your eggs in the fridge, bring them to room temperature first. The ingredients will be easier to mix if they’re at the same temperature.
- Milk – To get that soft, pillowy bite of deliciousness.
- Tomatoes – Feel free to use any filling in this Instant Pot egg bites recipe, but you can never go wrong with the trio of tomatoes, fluffy eggs, and shredded cheese. 😋
- Garlic – Garlic is also a delicious partner for eggs and cheese.
- Mozzarella cheese – These Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese are made with shredded mozzarella cheese. You can also use any type of cheese, from feta cheese, gruyere cheese, or pepper jack cheese. But if you want creamier egg bites, add cream cheese!
- Dried chives – Dried chives are not just for garnish. They also give a savory touch to our egg bites.
- Salt – Feel free to season your egg bites with whatever spices you like, but for me, a tried and tested combo of salt and pepper is enough.
- Black pepper – The hot, piney taste of black pepper suits our egg bites wonderfully.
- Cooking spray – To keep our egg bites from sticking into the mold.
Tools Needed To Prepare Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Whisk for mixing the ingredients of this egg bites recipe without cottage cheese
- Bowl for the ingredients
- Knife for slicing the fillings
- Instant Pot for cooking the egg bites
- Silicone egg molds for the egg bites
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Instant Pot Egg Bites
Want a comforting, hearty breakfast meal? Make these egg bites with bacon!
For convenience, I suggest cooking your bacon slices in the oven, then adding crumbled bacon into the cups with the egg mixture.
If there’s a single ingredient guaranteed to work on these Instant Pot egg bites, it’s cheese.
And if you’re making these egg bites without cottage cheese for kids, try a variation with cheddar cheese and bacon as fillings, and you’ll have an easier time convincing your little ones to eat their breakfast. 😉
Sneak some veggies into your quick breakfast meal by adding them to these egg bites. My favorite is broccoli, especially if you use cheddar cheese on the egg bites.
The technique is to saute your broccoli before adding it to the egg bites mold. About 3 minutes is good, or until it’s soft.
How to Make Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese
- 4 pcs eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ tbsp dried chives
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot egg bites.
STEP 2: Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
STEP 3: Add the tomatoes and cheese.
STEP 4: Add the dried chives and stir. Do not overmix.
STEP 5: Spray the egg bites mold with cooking spray.
STEP 6: Fill the cups with the egg mixture. About three-quarters full is good.
STEP 7: Add a cup of water to your Instant Pot.
STEP 8: Put the egg bites mold on the trivet and lower them into the Instant Pot.
STEP 9: Secure the lid and select Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook button and cook for 8 minutes at high pressure.
STEP 10: Once done, let the pressure release naturally for about 5 minutes before quick-releasing the remaining pressure.
STEP 11: Take out the egg bites mold and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
STEP 12: Turn the egg bites mold onto a plate and push out the egg bites. Garnish with more chives before serving, and enjoy!
What To Serve With Egg Bites
These egg bites without cottage cheese are already filling on their own, but for a wholesome breakfast that will keep you energized the whole day, they’re perfect with garlic-roasted potatoes.
Or, for a lighter meal, these egg bites will be delicious alongside a bowl of vibrant green salad or Pico de Gallo.
These egg bites can also be a part of your menu for a gathering! 🤔
Breakfast and brunch affairs are super trendy these days, but you don’t need to be limited to boring breakfast options.
Tips About Making Instant Pot Egg Bites
Make these Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese perfectly every single time with these handy tips:
- Be mindful not to overfill the egg bites mold with the egg mixture because the egg bites will expand after cooking. Each cup in the mold should only be three-quarters full, even after adding the chopped mix-ins.
- Saute your vegetables before adding them to the egg bites, or the excess moisture can lead to soggy egg bites. 🤢
- Make sure everything is at room temperature for easier mixing of ingredients. No need to go crazy in mixing since you don’t want to introduce air into the mixture and create spongy Instant Pot egg bites.
How To Store Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese
Want to make these egg bites without cottage cheese in advance? Here’s how to store and reheat them without ruining their taste and texture:
- Fridge: After cooling, refrigerate your egg bites in an airtight container. They’re best enjoyed within 2 to 5 days.
- Freezer: Store your Instant Pot egg bites longer in the freezer. Transfer them to an airtight freezer-safe bag or container, and they should be good for up to a month.
- Reheating: My preferred (because it’s the easiest for busy mornings 😂) way to reheat these egg bites is in the microwave. Thaw them first, then microwave them for 30 seconds at 50% power. If frozen, just place the egg bites on a wet paper towel and do 30-second intervals until they’re heated through.
Why Are My Egg Bites Soggy?
Is your first batch of egg bites soggy? It might be from the veggies you added to the egg mixture!
Remember that vegetables have a high moisture content, so it’s important to saute them first!
Why Are My Egg Bites Spongy?
The perfect Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese are fluffy and soft. But if they come out spongy, it’s probably from overmixing.
Just stir the mixture until everything is combined. If you overmix, you’ll introduce air to the mixture, and the egg bites will come out spongy.
FAQ About Egg Bites
What are in Starbucks egg bites?
Starbucks egg bites are made with eggs, seasonings, and various ingredients. They have kale and mushroom egg bites, egg white and roasted red pepper egg bites, and bacon and gruyere egg bites. You’ll also notice that most have cottage cheese in their ingredient list.
Can you microwave eggs in silicone molds?
Yes, if the silicone mold is microwavable. Check the product you’re using, like these egg bites molds, which can be used at up to 425°F.
How do you make egg bites without sticking?
The secret for keeping your egg bites from sticking into the mold is a non-stick cooking spray!
Do you need to grease silicone egg molds?
Even though the egg bites molds are made with silicone, removing the egg bites will be easier if you grease the mold beforehand. After all, we want our delicious egg bites to come out intact. 😅
- Gather the ingredients for your Instant Pot egg bites.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and cheese.
- Add the dried chives and stir. Do not overmix.
- Spray the egg bites mold with cooking spray.
- Fill the cups with the egg mixture. About three-quarters full is good.
- Add a cup of water to your Instant Pot.
- Put the egg bites mold on the trivet and lower them into the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and select Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook button and cook for 8 minutes at high pressure.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally for about 5 minutes before quick-releasing the remaining pressure.
- Take out the egg bites mold and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Turn the egg bites mold onto a plate and push out the egg bites. Garnish with more chives before serving, and enjoy!
- Do not overfill the mold since the egg bites will expand after cooking.
- If adding vegetables, saute them first to avoid soggy egg bites.
- Use room temperature ingredients and do not overmix the egg mixture or the egg bites will come out spongy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 29Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Tired of boiled, scrambled, or sunny-side-up eggs?
These Instant Pot egg bites without cottage cheese will make you enjoy eggs in a whole new way.
They’re as scrumptious as Starbucks egg bites, but you don’t need to know the sous vide technique to whip them up at home.
Using the multi-cooker and silicone egg bites molds, you can now enjoy protein-packed, yummy breakfast bites even when you’re busy or feeling lazy.
I’m excited to know what variety of flavors you’ll come up with for these Instant Pot egg bites. And if you love grab-and-go delights like these egg bites, try these next, and you won’t be disappointed:
- Quick & Easy Instant Pot Pancake Bites
- Instant Pot Egg Bites WITH Cottage Cheese
- Instant Pot Cheesecake Bites
- Tantalizing No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites
- Simple Homemade Mint Chip Ice Cream Bon Bons
- Cake Batter Protein Balls (Easy Birthday Cake Protein Balls)
PIN FOR LATER!