pumpkin spice vietnamese iced coffee.
oh, darlings. you are in for a treat today.
not only am i sharing this amazing recipe for my pumpkin spice vietnamese iced coffee, but i have an incredible giveaway, courtesy of Starbucks!
best Monday ever, am i right?
first, let’s talk about this insanely addictive iced coffee i made you. um, it’s out of control. like, so good that it’s a little scary.
don’t you love it when the most delicious things are also the simplest? that’s exactly how i would describe this vietnamese iced coffee. all it takes is four simple ingredients, and bam! best iced coffee in the whole damn world. really!
if this pumpkin spice vietnamese iced coffee had an appropriate mathematical equation to express how extraordinary it tastes, it would be as follows:
pumpkin spice syrup + freshly brewed coffee + half & half + sweetened condensed milk = OMFG.
yes, you read that correctly. not only does this iced coffee have half & half, it also contains sweetened condensed milk. hey, i never said to drink it every day! this is the type of beverage you indulge in. it’s special. classy. it’s the type of beverage to be sipped and savored while doing a crossword puzzle, or gossiping with your best friend.
trust me when i say that although you shouldn’t drink this every day, you’re totally going to want to. it’s pretty much become my new obsession.
i used Starbucks Iced Coffee Blend for this vietnamese iced coffee, and i highly recommend you get your hands on some as well. it’s the same iced coffee blend that’s served up at Starbucks stores, which means when you make coffee drinks at home it tastes even more like a real barista made it!
have you ever made cold brewed coffee? i really love it, but i’m not the type of person who thinks ahead enough to enjoy it. the night before you enjoy it, you have to grind the beans, let them soak in water overnight, and then strain that all the next morning. honestly, i just don’t have time to make it happen in my life.
thankfully, this Iced Coffee Blend is my savior! just like cold brewed coffee is a concentrate that you later mix with water, the Iced Coffee Blend is prepared in the same way. you brew up a small amount, mix that with cold water and voila! iced coffee, ready to be enjoyed. lazy me loves this very much.
you can make this vietnamese iced coffee with regular brewed coffee, but you’ll just need to let it cool completely before preparing your drink.
so, pumpkin spice vietnamese iced coffee sounds pretty damn good, right?
know what also sounds great? an awesome Starbucks gift pack that you can win!
how to enter
it’s super simple! leave a comment telling me what your Starbucks drink of choice is!
what’s up for grabs?
oh golly, a whole bunch of awesome Starbucks products!
- a one pound bag of whole bean Starbucks Iced Coffee Blend!
- a five pack of Starbucks VIA ready brew caramel iced coffee!
- a lovely tin of Tazo Passion tea sachets!
- a giant Starbucks VIA insulated tumbler for enjoying iced coffee on the go! i use this thing all the time!
- a super-cute Cool Beans coffee bean ice cube mold from Fred! pour iced coffee into the silicone molds, freeze, and plunk a few beans in your iced coffee–that way it never gets watered down!
- a $25 Starbucks gift card!
pretty awesome, right? sorry, the super-cool vintage suitcase isn’t included, but i still love you.
the giveaway will be open from 3pm EST on Monday, September 26th, 2011 and will close on Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 at 8pm EST. i’ll use Random.org to choose a winner, and i will announce the winner on my blog, on Twitter and on Facebook on Monday, October 3rd, 2011 at 12pm EST.
the winner will have 48 hours to contact me through e-mail (foodpluswords [at] gmail [dot] com) or the contact form on this site with their full name, e-mail address and physical address so they can receive their Starbucks Gift Pack. if the winner doesn’t contact me by Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 by 10am EST, i will draw a new winner.
want extra entries?
- follow @foodpluswords on Twitter, and leave a comment saying “i follow @foodpluswords on Twitter!” with your Twitter handle!
- follow @Starbucks on Twitter, and and leave a comment saying “i follow @Starbucks on Twitter!” with your Twitter handle!
- tweet about this giveaway, and leave the link to your tweet in a comment! you can use this sample tweet: food + words is giving away an incredible @Starbucks Gift Pack! enter to win here: http://bit.ly/pbiStv via @foodpluswords #giveaway
- become a fan of food + words on Facebook, and leave a comment saying “i like food + words on Facebook!” and write your first name and last initial in the comment!
- become a fan of Starbucks on Facebook, and leave a comment saying “i like Starbucks on Facebook!” and write your first name and last initial in the comment!
- click the “like” button at the bottom of this giveaway post and leave a comment with your first name and last initial!
- subscribe to the food + words via RSS feed or e-mail!
be sure to leave a separate comment for each extra entry opportunity!
good luck, loves!
i’ll be sharing more coffee-inspired and caffeinated treats throughout the week, so don’t be a stranger!
pumpkin spice vietnamese iced coffee
Yield: one 12 ounce glass
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
this recipe can easily be doubled!
6 ounces freshly brewed coffee, chilled (i used Starbucks Iced Coffee Blend!)
1 ounce pumpkin spice syrup (get the recipe here!)
4 ounces half & half (you can use whole milk, soy milk, any milk you like)
1 ounce sweetened condensed milk
fill a tall glass with ice.
pour the chilled coffee, pumpkin spice syrup, half & half and sweetened condensed milk into the glass, and stir well to combine.
a food + words original
disclaimer: i received a gift pack of products from Starbucks to test and review. i was not provided any compensation. my opinions of the products are my own.