MINT CHOCOLATE IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR
YIELD: approximately 4 1/2 cups liqueur | PREP TIME: 5 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 5 minutes
FOR THE MINT CHOCOLATE IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure mint extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup (make your own!)
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder (substitute instant coffee granules)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla bean paste (substitute pure vanilla extract)
- 8-12 ounces Irish whiskey (depends on how strong you like it!)
- Add all ingredients except the whiskey to the blender, and process until smooth and frothy, about 15-30 seconds.
- Pour whiskey into the blender, and process to distribute throughout the mixture.
- Set a strainer over a bowl and pour Irish cream through, straining out any bits of egg or espresso powder that didn’t get fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Using a funnel, ladle the Irish cream into clean, sterilized bottles.
- Screw the tops on the bottles tightly, and store in the fridge.
- Label your bottles with a “use-by” date, as the Irish cream will keep for 30 days from the day you make it if stored properly in the fridge.
- The cream will naturally separate when stored in the fridge, simply shake the bottle gently to mix everything together.
* This recipe was originally published on 03/2012 by Jaclyn. Notes and updated photos coming soon.