The soft-baked Oatmeal Cream Pie from Little Debbie is one of the favorite snacks from the 90s. This mini whiskey oatmeal cream pies recipe will bring back the good old days.
What are Mini Whiskey Oatmeal Cream Pies? These are the combination of the soft whole-grain oat cookies and the gooey vanilla creme filling.
FOR THE OATMEAL COOKIES – 6 ounces whole wheat pastry flour – 0.25 ounces baking powder – 0.13 ounces baking soda – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon – 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature – 8 ounces light brown sugar, packed – ½ teaspoon kosher salt – 2 large eggs – 2 teaspoons pure vanilla bean paste (substitute pure vanilla extract) – ½ ounce whole milk or half & half – ½ ounce Irish whiskey – 5 ounces quick-cooking rolled oats – FOR THE BROWN SUGAR
FOR THE BROWN SUGAR WHISKEY MARSHMALLOW CREAM – 4 ounces egg whites (about 4 eggs' worth) – 8 ounces light brown sugar, packed – pinch of kosher salt – 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey – 2 teaspoons pure vanilla bean paste (substitute vanilla extract)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, with a rack in the center. 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon into a bowl and set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment fitted on, combine the butter, brown sugar, and salt. Cream together on medium speed for 8-10 minutes, or until very pale and fluffy. 5. With the mixer off, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
6. Turn the mixer on low and add the eggs, one at a time, waiting until the first is incorporated into the mixture before adding the second. 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the vanilla, milk, and whiskey at low speed until just combined.
8. Slowly add the sifted dry ingredients to the mixer bowl, and mix on low until just combined and the dough comes together. 9. Turn the mixer off and stir in the oats by hand using a silicone spatula.
10. Using a small cookie scoop (mine holds approximately one teaspoon of dough), portion the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about two inches of room in between cookies. 11. Bake at 375 degrees F for 5-8 minutes, or until the cookies are light brown and crisp at the edges.
Swipe Up for Full Recipe!