This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
Try this trending TikTok egg boil recipe, and you’ll never eat boiled eggs any other way again. Enjoy perfectly jammy eggs in seafood boil-style sauce!
This viral TikTok egg boil recipe transforms boring boiled eggs into a flavorful dish by pairing them with seafood boil-style sauce.
The delicious sauce is made from veggie broth, butter, and a blend of spices to bring out the best from the rich, jammy eggs.
Below, you’ll also learn the easiest way to make and peel boiled eggs perfectly!
What Is Egg Boil?
TikTok egg boil is a viral recipe that features boiled eggs in seafood boil-style sauce.
Admittedly, some TikTok hacks and recipes are a hit or miss, but egg boil is just genius! It’s very easy to make, and the dish is absolutely delicious despite its simplicity.
I usually just eat my boiled eggs with salt, but after trying the jammy yolks (which, in my opinion, is the perfect way to enjoy them 😋) with the savory, buttery, and slightly spicy boil sauce, I cannot get satisfied with just using salt!
Even my roommate, who always said that boiled eggs are her least favorite way to cook them, requests the recipe whenever we’re too lazy to eat outside.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Need more convincing about the TikTok egg boil? Here are the best things about this genius boiled egg makeover:
- Leveled-Up Boiled Eggs: Take your boiled eggs to the next level by preparing a quick, buttery, and tasty boil sauce. Even the usually boring egg whites became enjoyable when covered in the flavorful seafood boil-style sauce!
- Easy Dish: The dish is ready to serve in just 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. I’m also sharing some tips for making and peeling boiled eggs stress-free. 😉
- Customizable Flavors: The beauty of this egg boil recipe is you can customize the number and amount of spices in it. Personally, I like it spicier, so I double the red chili flakes I put!
What Does Egg Boil Taste Like?
The egg boil TikTok recipe gathered a lot of fans because it’s incredibly flavorful for something so easy to make. The sauce tastes buttery, umami, and slightly spicy, depending on the amount of chilis you put in.
I made this dish with vegetable stock, but my parents use chicken bone broth at home, which is also very tasty.
I also recommend using unsalted butter and low-sodium stock, so you’ll have an easier time adjusting the other seasonings.
Admittedly, I thought I would miss the crabs, lobster, and crawfish in this recipe. However, the eggs soak up the sauce nicely, and the richness of the slightly runny yolk is just heavenly with the spices in the buttery sauce.
Speaking of seafood boil, a crustacean often enjoyed in the iconic Louisianian dish is crawfish. But have you ever wondered what crawfish taste like?
What’s so special about the flavor of crawfish that makes it taste so good with boil sauce like the eggs in this dish? Give that fun read a visit because there’s more to crawfish than having a lobster-like taste.
Is The Viral Egg Boil Recipe Healthy?
Boiled eggs are relatively healthier than other egg preparations because they’re not fried in oil that adds calories.
Eggs are also a rich source of protein and nutrients for supporting brain, eye, and muscle health!
However, it’s still better to enjoy the viral TikTok egg boil in moderation to manage your cholesterol intake healthily. The delicious spices and seasonings in the boil sauce can also be high in sodium, so be mindful of your portions.
What Are The Benefits Of Egg Boil?
The egg boil can be listed under “TikTok Food Hacks That Are Total Game Changers.” The recipe is easy, tasty, and customizable with spices and seasonings!
I don’t know the history behind this genius recipe; maybe someone was planning on making a seafood boil, but they ended up using eggs because they were out of crabs and lobsters.
Needless to say, the pairing works, and the dish is absolutely delicious!
Now, here comes the fun part.
I would like you to read and learn air fryer soft boiled eggs. Yes, boiling eggs can get easier using the air fryer!
You don’t need to boil water in a pot, and you can easily adjust the time and temperature to achieve the doneness you want on your boiled eggs. This other viral hack is perfect with egg boil!
Ingredients For TikTok Egg Boil
- Eggs – The star of the dish. You can use soft-boiled or hard-boiled eggs!
- Unsalted butter – Use unsalted butter for your egg boil because we’ll also use other seasonings. Butter is also important in creating a rich, buttery boil sauce. 🤤
- Garlic – Besides the seasonings, the boil sauce won’t be a boil sauce without the garlicky flavor.
- Seafood seasoning – You can pick any of your favorite seafood seasonings, but this iconic brand’s savory, sweet, and spicy flavors will always be a crowd favorite.
- Lemon pepper seasoning – Adds a zesty, umami, and peppery taste to the sauce.
- Onion powder – Another important seasoning to help the boil sauce achieve its irresistible savory flavor profile.
- Paprika – Use as much paprika as you want. It also adds a mouthwatering reddish-orange color to the dish.
- Brown sugar – Adds some sweetness to the sauce to balance the salty flavors.
- Red chili flakes – Feel free to use less or more than the recipe’s red chili flakes.
- Low-sodium vegetable broth – You can use any delicious broth you like for the egg boil sauce. Veggie broth is perfect if you love the taste of onions, carrots, and celery.
- Fresh lemon juice – Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for a yummy acidity that cuts through the savory notes of the sauce recipe.
- Salt – This is entirely optional, but some people might want their egg boil to be saltier even after the spices.
- Parsley – Finish the dish with chopped fresh parsley for additional freshness and color.
Tools Needed To Prepare The Egg Boil TikTok Recipe
- Bowl for the ice water bath
- Ice cube tray for the ice cubes used in the ice bath
- Pot for boiling the eggs
- Paper towels for absorbing the excess water on the eggs
- Skillet for cooking the sauce
- Wooden spoon for stirring the ingredients
- Knife for chopping the parsley
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Egg Boil
Feel free to use any sweetener you like for this egg boil recipe. For example, you can also sweeten the sauce with honey instead of brown sugar!
If you don’t have lemon, you can substitute it with lime and make fresh lime juice. It also adds acidity and zest to balance the savory boil sauce.
The best side dish for this flavorful egg boil dish is jasmine rice because it soaks up the flavors perfectly. Try the hot dish with freshly cooked rice, and thank me later! 😋
How to Make TikTok Egg Boil
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup garlic, minced
- 2 ¼ tsp seafood seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Parsley for garnish
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather all the ingredients for your egg boil. Prepare a bowl of cold water with ice cubes for the ice bath later.
STEP 2: Fill a pot with enough water to cover the eggs and bring it to a boil. Adjust the boiling time according to your preferred doneness of the eggs.
STEP 3: Carefully remove the cooked eggs from the pot and submerge them in the ice bath you prepared earlier. Once the eggs have cooled down after a few minutes, peel them under running water to help wash off all the eggshell pieces.
STEP 4: Set the peeled, boiled eggs over a paper towel to dry them and set aside.
STEP 5: To make the boil sauce, melt butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
STEP 6: Stir in the seasonings and cook for another minute.
STEP 7: Pour the vegetable broth into the pan and increase the heat to medium-high.
STEP 8: After the sauce thickens a bit, stir in the lemon juice and adjust the consistency with some water.
STEP 9: Taste the boil sauce and season as needed.
STEP 10: Serve the eggs in a bowl and pour the boil sauce over them. Top with chopped parsley and enjoy with your choice of side dish.
What To Serve With TikTok’s Trending Egg Boil Recipe
The side dishes that come to mind for egg boil are rice and toasted bread. They don’t have much flavor themselves, but their textures are perfect for the viral egg recipe!
You won’t get an overwhelmingly salty bite, plus they soak up the sauce nicely!
Want more trending recipes? You can also check our collection of the best viral TikTok recipes.
From that collection, I personally recommend TikTok egg boil with juicy chicken 101, especially if you’re craving meat with the boil sauce.
And for the dessert after the savory-spicy egg boil dish, I’m sure you’ll love these chocolatey TikTok baked oats.
As you savor the delightful flavors of this TikTok Egg Boil recipe, why not explore another culinary masterpiece? This Italian meatballs recipe is an irresistible treat, made with ground beef, Italian sausage, and a duo of cheeses.
Tips About Making Egg Boil
The viral TikTok egg boil recipe is super easy to make at home. Regardless, here are some additional tips for cooking this simple egg recipe.
- Soft-boiled eggs with jammy yolks pair best with the flavorful, buttery boil sauce. You can try cooking the eggs in boiling water for 7 minutes or learn how to make soft boiled eggs in the air fryer for perfect eggs every single time.
- Walk your way up with the seasonings! It’s much easier to adjust the taste of the boil sauce than fix a very salty sauce. 😅
- Because the recipe uses a ton of seasonings, make sure you’re using a low-sodium broth and unsalted butter.
How To Store Egg Boil
Got leftovers? Keep these egg boil storage guidelines in mind!
- Fridge: Transfer the cooled egg boil in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for a day or two for the best quality.
- Freezer: You can also store the egg boil in a freezer-safe container and freeze it for 3 months!
- Reheating: Thaw your frozen egg boil in the fridge overnight. Reheat on the stovetop and season to taste.
How Do You Boil Eggs So They Peel Easily?
I discovered that it’s easier to peel eggs if they’re added to water that’s already boiling than boil the eggs and water together. Then, place the cooked eggs in a bowl of ice water before peeling.
Why Do People Put Vinegar In Water To Boil Eggs?
You have probably heard about putting vinegar in water when boiling eggs because it’ll make the eggs easier to peel. This “hack” makes sense since vinegar, being an acid, softens the shells.
FAQ About The Egg Boil Recipe
Are boiled eggs easier to peel hot or cold?
Boiled eggs are easier to peel cold, so I recommend the ice bath method for this egg boil recipe. This way, the temperature change will cause the egg whites to contract away from the shell.
How do you add flavor to boiled eggs?
Upgrade boiled eggs with spices and sauces. You can serve them with a seafood boil sauce, as you’ve seen in this delicious recipe, or just drizzle the eggs with olive oil and seasonings.
Do you boil water before adding eggs?
Most people recommend boiling the water before adding the eggs to make them easier to peel. This also allows for a more precise cooking time, especially for soft-boiled eggs.
- Gather all the ingredients for your egg boil. Prepare a bowl of cold water with ice cubes for the ice bath later.
- Fill a pot with enough water to cover the eggs and bring it to a boil. Adjust the boiling time according to your preferred doneness of the eggs.
- Carefully remove the cooked eggs from the pot and submerge them in the ice bath you prepared earlier. Once the eggs have cooled down after a few minutes, peel them under running water to help wash off all the eggshell pieces.
- Set the peeled, boiled eggs over a paper towel to dry them and set aside.
- To make the boil sauce, melt butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the seasonings and cook for another minute.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pan and increase the heat to medium-high.
- After the sauce thickens a bit, stir in the lemon juice and adjust the consistency with some water.
- Taste the boil sauce and season as needed.
- Serve the eggs in a bowl and pour the boil sauce over them. Top with chopped parsley and enjoy with your choice of side dish.
- Adjust the boiling time of the eggs according to your preferred doneness. For rich, jammy yolks that go well with this spicy boil sauce, try these perfect air fryer soft boiled eggs!
- Feel free to modify the seasonings in this egg boil recipe. I suggest working your way up with the heat and saltiness.
- Take note of using unsalted butter and low-sodium broth, or you’ll end up with a very salty egg boil!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
The TikTok egg boil is a dish that every egg-lover must try.
It features soft-boiled eggs with jammy yolks in seafood boil-style sauce. The viral recipe tastes buttery, umami and can be as spicy as you want. 😋
Egg boil is also very easy to make, especially if you do your boiled eggs in the air fryer. (Please try this hack because it’s way more convenient than using a pot of boiling water.)
And, of course, feel free to adjust and modify the seasonings to your taste buds’ content.
If you like this delicious recipe, you’ll love these: