This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
Make this easy dairy free pumpkin bread and enjoy the warm, sweet flavors of fall using simple ingredients. It’s moist, delicious, and healthy for everybody!
This incredibly moist dairy free pumpkin bread only needs simple ingredients, and it’s so easy to make, you can even whip up the batter with no electric mixer!
Move over pumpkin pie. This non dairy pumpkin bread recipe is about to become everyone’s new fall favorite.
Every slice of this homemade pumpkin loaf is loaded with warm, aromatic flavors and irresistible pumpkin goodness.
And because this is a dairy free pumpkin bread recipe, everyone can savor the treat worry-free! Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy, milk allergy-friendly, lactose-free dessert.
What Is Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread?
Did you know you can make moist pumpkin bread from scratch without dairy?
This dairy free pumpkin bread is indeed a heaven-sent for people with milk allergy or lactose intolerance.
The healthy pumpkin bread recipe is possible thanks to plant-based milk and vegan butter. And the result?
A super moist loaf of pumpkin bread! You’ll be tempted to make this bread a fall tradition because it’s just so good. 😋
It also uses canned pumpkin puree, so it’s easy to make any time of the year.
But if this pumpkin loaf is not enough to get you in the mood for fall, check out these 25 pumpkin recipes that prove pumpkins aren’t just for carving.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Perfect For Fall And Beyond: You will want to make this incredibly easy dairy free pumpkin bread recipe at least once every fall. The ingredients are easy to find, and the process itself is beginner-friendly. Just measure the ingredients correctly, and don’t overmix the batter; you’ll get the best-ever moist pumpkin bread!
- Dairy-Free And Healthy: This non dairy pumpkin bread is milk allergy and lactose intolerant-friendly because it uses plant-based milk and butter! It’s also easy to modify the recipe to make it healthier and vegan-friendly.
- 3-In-1 Delight: Enjoy this pumpkin loaf as a snack for instant fall vibes, a healthier dessert alternative for pumpkin pie, or even as a quick breakfast! Simply toast a slice and serve it with your favorite butter and syrup. Mornings will definitely be easier when the mouthwatering aroma of this pumpkin bread fills your kitchen! 😋
What Do Pumpkin Bread Taste Like?
Pumpkin bread is not too sweet, so it can easily be a breakfast or snack. But because it’s so moist and delicious from the pumpkin flavor and warm aromatic spices, it’s also everything a fall dessert should be!
You won’t even realize this is a dairy free bread because it’s soft, rich, and just overall yummy, especially with all the familiar pumpkin pie spices!
Want this healthy pumpkin bread extra luscious? You can also make a streusel topping for the loaf.
However, the best pumpkin bread, regardless of whether it’s dairy free or not, is moist and not super dense and heavy.
So, for the perfect loaf, please use all-purpose flour, not whole-wheat flour. I’m sure you also know the golden rule when making pumpkin bread: do not overmix the batter!
Is This Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe Healthy?
It’s the perfect dessert for your next fall gathering or Thanksgiving feast since it can be enjoyed by everyone!
You can also modify this easy recipe and make it egg-free and vegan-friendly. While I haven’t tried it myself, consider egg replacers made from seeds, veggies, or fruits for your eggless baked good.
And for loved ones and guests who can’t have gluten, just bake this delicious pumpkin bread with gluten-free flour.
What Are The Benefits Of Non Dairy Pumpkin Bread?
By using vegan butter and milk, people who can’t have dairy can enjoy the flavors of fall: sweet pumpkin and warm spices in soft, moist bread.
This easy recipe will also make you excited about baking!
You won’t need expensive, hard-to-find ingredients, and it’s a bread you can make even if you don’t own a stand mixer.
Oh, and of course, the aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger as your dairy free pumpkin loaf bakes is surely a welcomed bonus. 😋
This is your sign to go beyond apple pies, pumpkin bars, and gingersnap cookies for fall.
The precious pumpkin loaves are so moist and delicious, you even can box them up and give them as gifts with complete confidence that they’ll be loved!
Ingredients For Dairy Free Pumpkin Loaf
- Eggs – Use room-temperature eggs for easier incorporation and create a smooth batter. If you want a vegan pumpkin bread, consider egg alternatives.
- Dairy-free butter – This is a dairy free pumpkin bread, so we’ll use a vegan butter alternative.
- Almond milk – You can also pick any plant-based milk for this non dairy recipe.
- Pumpkin puree – This easy dairy free pumpkin bread recipe is made with canned pumpkin puree. Hassle-free indeed!
- Brown sugar – Make sure your brown sugar is packed down. The molasses in brown sugar create a delicious flavor and texture in the pumpkin bread.
- Maple syrup – Give your pumpkin treat a wonderful sweet flavor with maple syrup or molasses.
- Flour – Want to make this non dairy pumpkin bread gluten-free? Swap all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour!
- Baking powder – The magic ingredient behind our favorite fuss-free quick breads.
- Salt – Gives complexity to the overall taste of the bread, so it’s not just sweet.
- Cinnamon – You can’t really go wrong with this warm spice on a fall dessert.
- Nutmeg – Another spice that goes well with classic pumpkin bread.
- Ginger – This is optional as some people are not a fan of ginger. However, adding this to pumpkin bread makes it more aromatic and flavorsome.
- Non-stick cooking spray – To keep our bread from sticking to the pan.
Tools Needed To Prepare This Pumpkin Bread No Dairy Recipe
- Bread loaf pan for baking our dairy free pumpkin bread
- Whisk for combining the ingredients and batter
- Mixing bowls for containing the ingredients
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread
Don’t you agree that desserts and goodies for the fall season can always use some crunch from walnuts? 😋
Vegan chocolate chips
Love chocolate chip pumpkin bread? We can keep our chocolate pumpkin loaf dairy free using vegan chocolate chips!
Dairy-free cream cheese frosting
How To Make Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup dairy-free butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Non-stick cooking spray
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease your bread loaf pan.
STEP 2: Whisk eggs, butter, milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and maple syrup until combined. Set aside.
STEP 3: Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
STEP 4: Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture in increments. Do not overmix the batter.
STEP 5: Pour the pumpkin bread batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake for an hour or until golden brown.
What To Serve With Dairy Free Pumpkin Loaf
Serve your dairy free pumpkin bread warm with some non dairy salted butter on top.
If you want your loaf to be more like a dessert, you can also make a pumpkin bread “ice cream” sandwich with non-dairy frozen salted caramel dessert in the center.
But my personal favorite? Pumpkin bread with something warm to sip.
Maple latte, hot ginger tea, and cardamom hot chocolate are some delicious fall drinks you can enjoy with a slice of pumpkin loaf. 🤤
Tips About Making This Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Even though this is a bread recipe, do not be intimidated because it’s beginner-friendly! Here are a few tips to rise to the challenge (and for your pumpkin bread to rise. 😉)
- Make sure you don’t overmix the pumpkin bread batter, or the bread will come out very dense. Just stir everything until combined, and no streaks of flour remain.
- Is the top of your dairy free pumpkin bread browning too quickly compared to the inside of the loaf? You can tent your pumpkin bread with foil to keep the top from burning.
- Avoid overcooking your pumpkin bread by doing the toothpick test. When you insert a toothpick in the loaf, and it comes out clean, your bread is done.
How To Store Pumpkin Bread
Did you know you can keep your dairy free pumpkin bread fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature? Just store it in an airtight container and place it on the counter!
- Fridge: Keep your non dairy pumpkin loaf fresh and delicious for up to a week. Transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
- Freezer: For longer storage, freeze your pumpkin bread in a freezer-safe container and enjoy it within a month.
- Reheating: This amazing pumpkin bread is best eaten warm, and you can reheat the loaf quickly in the oven preheated to 350°F for 5 minutes. You can also reheat a slice in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Does Pumpkin Bread Need To Be Refrigerated?
This dairy free pumpkin bread recipe does not need to be refrigerated unless you want to store it for more than 3 days.
Without refrigerating, the cooled pumpkin loaf can last 3 days on the counter at room temperature if stored in an airtight container.
What Can I Add To Pumpkin Bread Mix?
If you want a pumpkin chocolate chip bread, use dairy-free chocolate chips!
But regardless of the mix-ins, remember to add them while you still see some streaks of flour in the pumpkin bread batter so you won’t end up overmixing the ingredients and get a denser loaf.
Why Is My Pumpkin Bread Not Cooking In The Middle?
One of the most common pumpkin bread fails is having a loaf that’s undercooked in the center.
Make sure to use the correct bread loaf pan, which in this dairy-free pumpkin bread recipe is a 9 x 5 pan. This way, the center of the loaf won’t fall behind while cooking.
If the batter also has excessive moisture from too much pumpkin puree, your bread might get under-baked in the center. This is why knowing the ratio of flour to wet ingredients is crucial when baking.
To fix an undercooked pumpkin bread, lower the baking temperature and cook it longer so the center can catch up with the rest of the loaf.
If this issue intimidated you in making this dairy free pumpkin bread recipe, try our ultimate double chocolate banana bread recipe and indulge in your chocolate dreams even without an expert’s baking skills.
FAQ About Pumpkin Bread
Can you freeze pumpkin bread?
You can freeze pumpkin bread so it can stay fresh longer. After cooling, wrap the loaf tightly in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze in an airtight container for up to a month.
How long does pumpkin bread last?
Pumpkin bread can last 3 days at room temperature or months if frozen.
How many calories in pumpkin bread?
A slice of spiced pumpkin bread typically has about 141 kcal.
Can you use pumpkin pie mix for pumpkin bread?
It’s possible to make pumpkin bread with pumpkin pie mix. But if you want to swap pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie filling, you might not get the desired results on your loaf because it has additional ingredients.
How to tell if pumpkin bread is done?
Besides doing the toothpick test, your pumpkin bread is done once it’s golden brown and the top is cracked.
Why is my pumpkin bread gummy?
Undercooked pumpkin bread is gummy or soggy at the bottom because of excess moisture in the batter. To fix the baking mishap, just cover the loaf in foil to keep the top from over-browning, and bake the undercooked pumpkin bread for 10 more minutes at 350°F.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease your bread loaf pan.
- Whisk eggs, butter, milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and maple syrup until combined. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture in increments. Do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the pumpkin bread batter into the pan. Bake for an hour or until golden brown.
- Do not overmix your batter or your pumpkin bread will be very dense.
- Tent your pumpkin bread with foil if the top is browning and cooking faster than the inside of the loaf.
- Unsure if your dairy-free pumpkin bread is done? Do the toothpick test!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4594Total Fat: 150gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 130gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 1655mgCarbohydrates: 798gFiber: 35gSugar: 732gProtein: 69g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
You will fall for this fall bread. And no, I’m not talking about the usual banana, cinnamon, or apple loaf.
What we have shared above is an easy and healthy dairy free pumpkin bread recipe!
It’s made with plant-based milk and butter, so you can enjoy every slice without worrying about lactose intolerance or milk allergy.
So what are you waiting for?
Bake the most amazing loaf of pumpkin bread and have your kitchen smell like the captivating aroma of pumpkin and warm spices, perfect for autumn. 🤤
Love this pumpkin bread for fall? Make these delicious treats to cozy up with this flannel season:
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites Recipe
- Delicious Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Delish Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Brownies
- Chewy Vanilla Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies Recipe
PIN FOR LATER!