This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This copycat mango dragonfruit refresher tastes like the vibrant pink drink from Starbucks! It’s super easy to make with just a few ingredients.
Make this copycat mango dragonfruit refresher right in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Forget about long queues or drive-thrus because the delightfully vibrant pink drink is actually easy to make at home with our Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher recipe.
We’ve also considered how difficult it is to get your hands on fresh dragon fruit, so this copycat recipe just uses frozen dragon fruit and dragon fruit powder.
So what are you waiting for?
Savor the tropical flavors of the Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher without breaking the bank with this copycat recipe.
What Is Mango Dragonfruit Refresher?
The mango dragonfruit refresher is a tropical, vibrant-colored drink from Starbucks. It’s hard to miss this beverage because of its bright pink-purple hue.
The concoction is a refreshing combination of dragonfruit and mango flavors hand-shaken with ice and served with real dragon fruit. And thanks to this copycat Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher, you can now enjoy the fun drink at home.
Can you imagine how much you can save in the long run with this homemade copycat mango dragonfruit refresher recipe???
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Whether you make this Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher recipe for yourself or for a crowd, you won’t regret it. In exchange for 5 minutes of your time, you’ll get something that’s:
- Easy and Refreshing: This mango dragon fruit drink only needs a few ingredients, which are surprisingly easier to find than you think! And once you have them, you literally only need to mix everything in a pitcher and pour over ice.
- Tastes Like It’s Straight Out of a Coffee Shop: You will want to keep this Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher recipe a secret after the first sip. Embrace your inner barista and experience the authentic taste of the coffee shop’s refresher without leaving home.
- Perfect for Parties This mango dragonfruit refresher is oh-so-versatile! Read on to discover how to turn it into the ultimate summer cocktail for your next pool party.
What Does the Mango Dragonfruit Refresher Taste Like?
This copycat mango dragonfruit refresher got its name because, well, it tastes like the real thing!
To be honest, I’m surprised that it’s easy to recreate at home.
I was also skeptical about getting the delicious dragonfruit flavor, even without the fresh fruit. However, this mango dragonfruit refresher recipe really came through. 😋
The result? The perfect fusion of sweet and tart.
It tastes sweet and tropical, like a vacation in a glass!
I can imagine enjoying this concoction every summer besides my copycat Starbucks kiwi starfruit refresher recipe.
Is This Copycat Mango Dragonfruit Refresher Recipe Healthy?
It would be better if you could get your hands on actual fresh dragonfruit for this copycat Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher recipe.
Personally, dragon fruit or pitaya is one of my all-time favorite fruits. Just imagining the texture of the seeds within the dragon fruit cubes makes my mouth water. 🤤
I know it can be hard to get the real deal, so this copycat mango dragonfruit refresher achieves the flavor and color of the fruit from dragonfruit powder and frozen dragonfruit pieces. Don’t worry; we’ve picked products with no additives and artificial preservatives!
To keep it wholesome, we’re also sweetening the tropical blend with a plant-based sugar substitute.
And our caffeine boost? The green tea powder we included also offers health benefits, including lowering cancer risk. You can also use green coffee extract powder!
What Are The Benefits Of Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Refresher?
Can you imagine the time and money you’ll save in the long run with this sweet mango dragon fruit refresher recipe?
Once you already have the few simple ingredients for the iced drink, you can easily make yourself the Instagram-worthy tropical delight whenever the cravings strike.
But it doesn’t stop there because this Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher is also perfect for gatherings.
Host the ultimate summer party by making your guests this refreshing drink. You can even add alcohol for a boozy dragon fruit refresher beverage!
Speaking of homemade refresher drinks, discover 21 refreshing summer Starbucks drinks you can easily recreate!
Ingredients For Mango Dragonfruit Refresher Recipe
- Dragon fruit powder – This gives our Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher its signature bright color.
- Dragon fruit pieces – You can make this copycat mango dragonfruit refresher with frozen or actual dragon fruit pieces.
- Green tea powder – To give the pink-purple drink a boost of caffeine. You can also use green coffee bean extract!
- Powdered sweetener – Use any sweetener you want for your drink mixture, but we’re going with a stevia sweetener instead of refined sugar.
- Mango juice – To perfectly achieve the tropical sweet taste of the Starbucks drink in this copycat recipe.
- Grape juice – Another secret to nail the flavor of the Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher. In fact, if you check the ingredient list from Starbucks, they listed white grape juice concentrate!
- Coconut milk – We’re taking our copycat Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher to the next level by making it creamier with coconut milk. This actually makes this drink more like the Starbucks Dragon Drink recipe. 😋
- Ice – Of course, it’s not a refresher without ice.
Tools Needed To Prepare Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Refresher Recipe
- Pitcher for pouring the copycat mango dragon fruit refresher
- Mixing spoon for mixing the ingredients
- Serving glass for serving the refresher
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Copycat Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
If you don’t have mango juice, you can make this Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher copycat recipe with peach juice instead!
However, I still suggest using mango juice or mango puree to get the fruity flavor of the original drink.
Don’t have creamy coconut milk? You can substitute it with half and half to give our tropical fruity beverage a delightful touch of creaminess, like the pink Dragon Drink from Starbucks!
Starbucks uses citric acid in their mango dragonfruit refreshers base. So to get more zing in our copycat mango dragonfruit refresher, I suggest adding a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
How to Make Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
- 1 tsp dragon fruit powder
- 1 tbsp dragon fruit pieces
- 1/2 tsp green tea powder
- 1 tsp powdered sweetener
- 1/2 cup mango juice
- 1/4 cup grape juice
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice for serving
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for your mango dragonfruit refresher.
STEP 2: Add the dragon fruit powder, dragon fruit pieces, green tea powder, and powdered sweetener to the pitcher. We’ll be mixing our refresher in a pitcher for easier pouring.
STEP 3: Pour in the mango juice and grape juice. Stir to combine.
STEP 4: Add the coconut milk and mix.
STEP 5: Pour the mango dragonfruit refresher into a glass with ice and serve.
What To Serve With Copycat Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
The Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher is the ultimate summer beverage with its sweet-tart tropical flavors from mango and dragonfruit.
It’s the perfect companion on a hot summer day, especially with fresh salsa and chips. 😋
But if you’re looking for a feast, you can serve this icy drink with our Mexican charcuterie board.
And for my fellow sweet tooth, I got you:
Enjoy this mango-dragonfruit delight with our orange crinkle cookies, and make summer the best time for gastronomic adventures!
Tips About Making Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
This Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher recipe is a must-try summer beverage. Consider these tips when you make it at home:
- Serve this mango dragonfruit refresher recipe at your pool party! For an adult-approved cocktail, make this refresher with white wine instead of grape juice.
- Don’t have dragonfruit powder? Boost the color of your copycat mango dragonfruit refresher with some purple food coloring!
- If you’re only making a single serving with this recipe, I suggest using a cocktail shaker to save yourself from needing to wash multiple dishes.
How To Store Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
This Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher recipe is too easy to make that you can prepare a freshly made one every time the cravings hit. But if you have leftovers or you want to prepare it in advance, here’s how to store it:
- Fridge: Pour your leftover copycat mango dragonfruit refresher into an airtight container or mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Make sure to remove any ice cubes before storing!
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing your drink because it might just taste diluted once it melts.
How Many Calories Are in a Dragon Drink from Starbucks?
The Dragon Drink from Starbucks has 130 calories compared to the mango dragonfruit refresher, with 90 calories. This isn’t surprising since the Dragon Drink also contains coconut milk.
Why Is My Mango Dragonfruit Refresher Clear?
According to Starbucks baristas, some locations are running out of fruit inclusions that give the mango dragonfruit refresher its signature bright purple-pink hue.
However, the drink should still taste the same.
I think we can all agree that there is just something about the beautiful colors of summer Starbucks drinks that make them more enticing. I can see how the experience would feel lacking if you’re served a mango dragonfruit refresher that’s not as vibrant.
Luckily for us, with this copycat mango dragonfruit refresher, it will come out gorgeously purple, thanks to dragon fruit powder.
FAQ About Copycat Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
What is in a mango dragonfruit refresher?
The list of ingredients that make up the popular mango dragonfruit refresher from Starbucks includes mango dragonfruit freshers base, ice, and freeze-dried dragon fruit pieces. The base is composed of water, sugars, natural flavors, citric acid, natural green coffee flavor, and Rebaudioside A
How much sugar is in a mango dragonfruit refresher?
The mango dragonfruit refresher has about 19 grams of sugar.
Does mango dragonfruit refresher have caffeine?
Yes! The ingredients for the Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher include natural green coffee flavor. The caffeine content of the drink is approximately 45 mg.
Is the mango dragonfruit refresher good?
Absolutely, so do not sleep on this copycat mango dragonfruit refresher recipe! It’s the perfect sweet-tart drink to enjoy this summer, and of course, its gorgeous color might be the pop of color your Instagram feed needs.
- Gather the ingredients for your mango dragonfruit refresher.
- Add the dragon fruit powder, dragon fruit pieces, green tea powder, and powdered sweetener to the pitcher. We'll be mixing our refresher in a pitcher for easier pouring.
- Pour in the mango juice and grape juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the coconut milk and mix.
- Pour the mango dragonfruit refresher into a glass with ice and serve.
- You can easily turn this mango dragonfruit refresher into a cocktail by swapping grape juice with white wine!
- The dragonfruit powder gives this beverage its gorgeous pink color. But if you can't find one, you can always use purple food coloring.
- For mess-free mixing, especially if you're just making a single serving, you can use a cocktail shaker to prepare this drink!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1789Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 68gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 752mgCarbohydrates: 294gFiber: 37gSugar: 234gProtein: 15g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Looking to be transported to pure tropical bliss? This is your sign to make this copycat mango dragonfruit refresher!
You can easily make this gorgeously vibrant and delicious drink at home, even without fresh dragon fruit on hand.
The combination of dragon fruit and mango flavors makes it refreshingly sweet with just the right tartness. This caffeinated drink is also sure to energize you if you’re feeling depleted from the heat of summer. 🥵
Want more summer drinks to cheer you up other than a mango dragon fruit refresher? Try these next:
- Starbucks Kiwi Starfruit Refresher Recipe
- Easy Homemade Copycat Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte
- Delicious Red Wine Bourbon Summer Sangria Recipe
- Blackberry Basil Manischewitz Mojitos
- Nigerian Chapman: Revamped Slushy Mocktail Recipe
PIN FOR LATER!