This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This copycat apple crisp frappuccino with homemade spiced apple syrup is inspired by the fall-favorite Starbucks apple crisp oatmilk frappuccino!
Enjoy one of the crowd-favorite drinks from Starbucks’ fall lineup without falling in line! This easy apple crisp frappuccino is about to give pumpkin spice latte a run for its money as the ultimate fall beverage.
With just 8 ingredients that you can also modify to your taste preference and dietary restrictions, you can enjoy the apple crisp oatmilk frappuccino from Starbucks in the comfort of your own home!
No more queues and drive-thrus because anyone can make the autumn favorite whenever they need a pick-me-up this cozy season.
What Is Apple Crisp Frappuccino?
Apple crisp oat milk frappuccino is a blended beverage from Starbucks that features fall flavors exquisitely. The trio of flavors are apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar, so it’s definitely a blend you’ll fall in love with on a crisp autumn day. 😋
Starbucks also uses oat milk for their apple frappuccino, which is a plus for people who prefer their drinks dairy-free. Just make sure to ask for no whip on top!
However, if the thought of brown sugar and spiced apples in a refreshingly creamy drink with caffeine buzz makes your mouth water, but you don’t have the time and energy to go for a Starbucks run, don’t worry!
With this copycat apple crisp frappuccino, you can whip up the fall coffee drink at home in just 5 minutes. In fact, it uses a cinnamon apple syrup made from scratch!
So grab an apple and heat up a saucepan because I’m sure you wouldn’t want to miss this autumn bliss in a glass. 🍂
Why You’ll Love This Copycat Starbucks Apple Crisp Frappuccino Recipe
- Cozy Autumn Flavors In Every Sip: This apple crisp frappuccino is the perfect icy drink to cozy up with this fall. Wouldn’t you want a delicious autumn coffee drink that isn’t pumpkin spice for once???
- Customize Your Cup: Want something stronger to fight the autumn blues? Prepare this coffee drink with 2 shots of espresso! I’ve also shared some delicious tweaks for the whipped cream, caramel sauce, and ice cubes below, ensuring that there’s a version of this apple frappuccino for everybody.
- As Delicious As The Original: Get your caffeine and sugar fix at a fraction of the cost and effort. (You can even make this in your pajamas since you don’t need to visit a coffee shop! 🤣) You wouldn’t be disappointed, especially with our homemade 3-ingredient cinnamon sugar syrup.
Speaking of doing a copycat Starbucks recipe, do you miss some of their summer drinks? Check these summer Starbucks drinks that you can quickly make at home to enjoy seasonal drinks whenever!
What Does the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Frappuccino Taste Like?
Because of apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon, a sip of this copycat Starbucks apple crisp oatmilk frappuccino will remind you of an apple pie filling. It definitely fits the description of an autumn pick-me-up!
I also love how it’s refreshingly sweet but not in a super rich, decadent way.
The original apple frappuccino by Starbucks also has a spiced apple drizzle on top, but we opted for a caramel sauce for this homemade apple crisp frappuccino. Personally, I think this change is just *chef’s kiss* because the rich, buttery sweetness of caramel complements the sweet apples and warm cinnamon in this drink. 🤤
And because we used real apple cubes and not just store-bought apple brown sugar syrup, you’ll get a better crisp apple flavor on this drink. It’s truly the essence of autumn in a cup!
Is This Apple Crisp Frappuccino Copycat Recipe Healthy?
The good news about making our own apple crisp frappuccino is we know exactly what’s in it. As you’ll read later, the fall blend only uses 8 ingredients!
In fact, the main ingredient for the drink, the spiced apple syrup, is made from an actual apple!
But of course, like any sweet beverage, it’s better not to overindulge and consume this copycat apple crisp oat milk frappuccino in very large portions.
While I’m also someone who’s always looking for delicious ways to get a good caffeine buzz, keep in mind that if you often feel jittery with your caffeinated drinks, that’s a good sign to cut back on your caffeine intake.
Always getting restless with your coffee drink? Consider a matcha beverage instead!
Try our 4-ingredient dalgona matcha latte, which should give you the energy you need without the anxiety.
What Are The Benefits Of Apple Crisp Oat Milk Frappuccino?
You can indulge in your cravings for an apple pie, apple crisp, or cinnamon apple dessert in sippable form with this easy apple crisp frappuccino.
Furthermore, can you imagine how much you can save by making copycat drinks like this Starbucks-inspired fall drink? Your wallet will thank you!
Don’t get me wrong, we deserve some of our impulsive Starbucks runs. But once you discover the joy of blending your own drinks at home, you’ll also love this budget-friendly alternative to your coffee shop visits.
For convenience, I’ll share how you can make the cinnamon apple syrup in advance (more about this later) to make the prep work for your apple frappuccino even faster.
Ingredients For Homemade Apple Crisp Frappuccino
- Strong brewed coffee – I think most will agree with me that the best frappuccino has a lot of power behind it, so we’re going with strong coffee!
- Ice – Just some plain ice. If you use espresso, you can also freeze brewed coffee or make apple cider ice cubes!
- Oat milk – Just like the actual Starbucks apple crisp oat milk frappuccino, we’ll use creamy oat milk in our homemade blend. Any non-dairy milk alternative should also work!
- Brown sugar – We didn’t call this apple crisp frappuccino “perfect for fall” for no reason. The familiar, cozy flavors of brown sugar and apples surely will get you in the mood for autumn with every sip.
- Ground cinnamon – Instead of using a spiced apple drizzle, we’ll add warmth and sweetness to our apple crisp frappuccino by making the cinnamon apple syrup from scratch.
- Apple – This copycat apple crisp frappuccino uses syrup made from fresh apple cubes! I suggest sweet apples like Honeycrisp to complement the brown sugar and cinnamon flavors well.
- Heavy cream – Make your Starbucks copycat apple crisp oat milk frappuccino cafe-ready and garnish it with whipped cream. This topping also adds a rich texture to the frappuccino. 😋
- Caramel sauce – With layers of apple, brown sugar, and cinnamon flavors, what other better ingredient to top and finish this drink than a drizzle of buttery and creamy caramel?
Tools Needed To Prepare Apple Frappuccino
- Saucepan for cooking the cinnamon apple syrup
- Blender for blending the apple crisp frappuccino
- Drinking glass for serving our Starbucks copycat apple crisp oat milk frappuccino
And since we’re talking about making frappuccino at home, is your blender capable enough for blending ice?
Who would want a blended coffee drink that’s not smooth and creamy? If you’ve been meaning to get a blender, you can’t go wrong with established brands like Hamilton Beach and Oster.
Check our quick but comprehensive comparison between the two: Oster vs Hamilton Beach blender.
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Apple Crisp Oat Milk Frappuccino
We can make this copycat apple crisp frappuccino recipe completely dairy-free and vegan-friendly!
Instead of regular heavy cream on the top, we can use coconut whipping cream for garnish and texture.
Instead of only using cinnamon to add spice to this fall beverage, why not go all the way and use apple pie spice? This is also a must-have spice blend in your kitchen cupboard, especially with fall just around the corner!
Besides caramel sauce, another delicious topping to finish our apple crisp frappuccino is a drizzle of real maple syrup. It just goes so well with spiced apples!
How To Make Apple Crisp Frappuccino
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, cubed
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp caramel sauce
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the ingredients for your apple crisp frappuccino.
STEP 2: To make the apple syrup, cook the apples with brown sugar and cinnamon for 8 minutes, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens. Strain the mixture and set the cinnamon apple syrup aside.
STEP 3: Blend your coffee and ice together.
STEP 4: Add the milk and apple syrup. Blend until smooth.
STEP 5: Pour your frappuccino into a glass and top with heavy cream, caramel sauce, and ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Copycat Apple Crisp Oat Milk Frappuccino
Serve this easy copycat Starbucks drink with other autumn-ready delights! In fact, two quick bread recipes immediately come to mind.
For those looking for savory snacks to enjoy with their glass of apple frappuccino, you can also make our Big Mac tacos, which are essentially burgers in taco form, or our air fryer hand pies that make sloppy joes, not sloppy.
And if these recipes still don’t hit the spot for your cravings, perhaps you can pair this apple frappuccino with other apple goodies!
Tips About Making Starbucks Apple Crisp Frappuccino
- If you want to get a really thick consistency on your apple syrup, just add cornstarch dissolved in water, then bring the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and allow the apple mixture to simmer for 10 minutes. Voila! You should have the perfect cinnamon apple syrup for your coffee drink.
- For the ultimate wake-up call that will get you out of bed this cozy season, make apple crisp oat milk frappuccino with a double shot of espresso! But if you’re limited to brewed coffee, consider investing in a Moka pot, as some swear it creates an espresso-like taste and mouthfeel. ☕
- Instead of using regular ice cubes that can dilute the blend, especially if you’re the type to enjoy their drinks slowly, swap them with apple cider cubes! Simply fill your ice cube tray with apple cider and freeze it overnight.
How To Store Starbucks Apple Crisp Frappuccino
This apple crisp frappuccino recipe is good for a single serving, so I suggest just enjoying the beverage freshly made for the best experience.
Of course, if you can’t finish the entire glass, you can put it in the fridge to drink the rest later in the same day.
And while this apple frappuccino is already super quick and easy, you can also make the apple syrup ahead of time.
- Fridge: After cooling, transfer the apple syrup into a mason jar, and it should keep fresh in the fridge for several weeks.
Does the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Frappuccino Have Coffee in It?
Yes, the Starbucks apple crisp oatmilk frappuccino has coffee in it. In fact, the drink has around 100mg of caffeine.
While I personally love caffeinated drinks, you don’t have to limit your homemade blends to beverages that use coffee.
I have another favorite, perfect for those who can’t have coffee. It’s our blue matcha latte, made pretty and healthy by a secret ingredient.
Is the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Frappuccino Good?
Yes! I think people who are looking for a drink to kickstart the fall season will love the flavors of apple crisp oatmilk frappuccino.
As Starbucks describes it, the blend features cinnamon, apple, and brown sugar flavors. It’s also topped with cinnamon apple drizzle, so it’s like a cinnamon apple dessert that you can drink.
But for those who want something similar but more decadent, try our apple pie milkshake recipe. It’s like apple pie in milkshake form!
What Is the Difference Between Frappuccino and Macchiato?
To quickly differentiate a frappuccino from a macchiato, the former is a blended iced coffee drink, usually topped with whipped cream, while the latter is essentially espresso topped with steamed or foamed milk.
Therefore, macchiato has a lighter texture compared to the thicker frappuccino.
If you also like your coffee drinks with a strong coffee flavor, then macchiato is for you. On the other hand, frappuccino is perfect for people who love sweet beverages because it’s also often made with syrups.
FAQ About Apple Crisp Frappuccino
Is the apple crisp oatmilk frappuccino dairy-free?
The apple crisp oatmilk frappuccino from Starbucks is not dairy-free, BUT you can ask for no whipped cream to make it dairy-free.
What is the best dairy-free milk for frappuccino?
I suggest getting Oatly oat milk because it’s also the brand used by Starbucks!
Why does Starbucks use oat milk?
Starbucks started using oat milk to accommodate people who want to enjoy their drinks with plant-based ingredients. According to them, adding oat milk to their Starbucks US menu is also a way to help the company pursue its goal of reducing its carbon footprint.
- Gather the ingredients for your apple crisp frappuccino.
- To make the apple syrup, cook the apples with brown sugar and cinnamon for 8 minutes, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens. Strain the mixture and set the cinnamon apple syrup aside.
- Blend your coffee and ice together.
- Add the milk and apple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Pour your frappuccino into a glass and top with heavy cream, caramel sauce, and ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Can't get the perfect thick consistency on your apple syrup? You can also add cornstarch dissolved in water, then bring the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and allow the syrup to simmer for 10 minutes or until the apples soften.
- Do you like your coffee strong? Make your copycat Starbucks apple crisp frappuccino with a double shot of espresso! But if you can only use brewed coffee, I think it's worth sharing that some people call their Moka pot a stovetop espresso machine because, according to them, it creates an espresso-like taste and mouthfeel.
- Make the ultimate fall blend by using apple cider ice cubes instead of regular ice cubes! Just fill your ice cube tray with apple cider and freeze it overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
And that’s it! Who would’ve thought that you could make apple crisp frappuccino at home?
You don’t even need to buy syrups and drizzles to savor the fall drink from Starbucks. It’s super simple to make your own spiced apple syrup using only three ingredients!
I hope you enjoyed channeling your inner barista with this copycat recipe. It’ll give you a caffeine kick with a fall twist. 😋
And if you want more Barista-style beverages to add to your drinking repertoire for fall and beyond, you might like these: