This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
These easy 10-minute air fryer soft boiled eggs will be your new favorite breakfast. The yolks are perfectly jammy, and all you’ll need is an air fryer!
Air fryer soft boiled eggs are my latest discovery and the results? Perfectly-cooked soft boiled eggs with jammy yolks every single time!😋
Making soft-boiled eggs has never been this simple, and you only need to wait 10 minutes!
It turns out that the air fryer is not just for frying because this waterless, boiled egg hack is the secret to perfect soft-boiled eggs.
These are all the tricks you’ll need to cook soft boiled eggs in the air fryer.
What Are Air Fryer Soft-Boiled Eggs?
Soft-boiled air fryer eggs are eggs “boiled” in the air fryer. I know this sounds weird since this is a waterless process!
But trust me and trust the process.😁
Soft boiled is my favorite type of boiled egg because the yolk is jammy, perfect for toast in the morning.
However, it’s difficult to achieve perfect boiled eggs because they can come out under-boiled with unappetizing egg white or overcooked, making the yolk chalky.
So when I first heard about 10-minute soft-boiled eggs in the air fryer, I was excited. No more babysitting the stove, perfect for hectic mornings (or evenings; soft-boiled eggs and quick Mexican salad for dinner, anyone?)
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
You’re robbing yourself of rich and delicious eggs if you own an air fryer and not using it to make your boiled eggs. This soft boiled air fryer eggs recipe also includes the ice water bath technique so you can peel the eggs stress-free!
Here is what else to be excited about in this trending boiled egg air fryer hack:
- Ridiculously Easy: These air fryer soft boiled eggs are ridiculously easy because you just put them in the preheated air fryer and come back after 10 minutes! You won’t need to prepare a pot of water, so that’s one less dish to wash after cooking.
- Perfect Eggs: Soft boiled air fryer eggs eliminate the guesswork for perfectly boiled eggs. Instead of buying an egg timer, just use the appliance you already have in the kitchen.
- Versatile Hack: What’s great about making air fryer soft boiled eggs is you can adjust the cooking duration and temperature to get your preferred boiled egg consistency. Jot down the settings you’ve used for the runny, jammy, or creamy soft boiled eggs, whichever you prefer.
What Do Soft Boiled Air Fryer Eggs Taste Like?
Air fryer soft boiled eggs have rich yolks and relatively tasteless egg whites, so you can use any seasonings or enjoy them alone with bacon and toast for a quick breakfast.
Because you’ll be making soft-boiled eggs in the air fryer, you can adjust the time and temperature to achieve the consistency you like.
I personally prefer my soft boiled eggs jammy, so this recipe cooked the eggs for 10 minutes. But if you like very runny yolks, deduct a few minutes or adjust the temperature.
Most of my family like their soft boiled eggs creamier, almost fudgy, so I use a higher temperature for them.
Isn’t it more convenient than using the stove? There’s no need to buy an egg timer or egg cooker for perfectly-cooked soft boiled eggs!
Are Soft Boiled Eggs In Air Fryer Healthy?
Air fryer soft boiled eggs are just boiled eggs cooked in the air fryer, so their health benefits are the same as traditionally-made boiled eggs on the stove.
Boiled eggs are healthier than fried eggs because they’re cooked oil-free, meaning no additional calories. They’re also a rich source of protein and perfect for a filling meal.
Some other notable nutrients in eggs are biotin for fat and sugar metabolism, lutein for eye health, and choline for cellular maintenance.
However, as much as they’re my favorite part of soft boiled eggs, the yolks are still high in cholesterol, so enjoy them in moderation or as part of a complete and healthy meal.
You also don’t want to indulge in seasonings with high sodium content or high-calorie buttered toast. Yes, pairing them with perfect air fryer soft-boiled eggs is a match made in heaven, but too much of a good thing can always be harmful.
What Are The Benefits Of Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs?
The best benefit you’ll get with soft boiled air fryer eggs is perfectly cooked eggs every single time.
Just jot down the cook time and temperature you’ve used to get your preferred consistency. For example, how do you like your eggs: with runny, jammy, or fudgy yolks?
This recipe is perfect for busy days because you don’t need to visit the stove constantly.
I also love how I don’t need to prepare a pot of water with this hack.
Now, I know what you are thinking, “What’s so wrong with the traditional method anyway?”
Just because we’re used to a particular way of making boiled eggs doesn’t mean we must be stuck with it. Even my very old-fashioned parents, who roll their eyes at anything “techy,” are impressed with this 10-minute air fryer boiled egg hack.
Wouldn’t you like effortless boiled eggs that come out the way you like every single time? Isn’t it more practical than babysitting the stove and being left with an extra pot to wash just to cook boiled eggs?
Ingredients For Soft Boiled Air Fryer Eggs
- Eggs – Use large eggs to make the most of your air fryer capacity. The best-tasting eggs also come from farms that meet Animal Welfare Standards because the hens are fed without antibiotics.
- Ice cubes – We’ll need a bowl of ice cubes for the ice bath. This step will save you the frustration of peeling soft boiled eggs.
- Cold water – This cooking method won’t boil the eggs in water, but you’ll need some cold water for the ice bath.
Tools Needed To Prepare Soft Boiled Air Fryer Eggs
- Air fryer for making perfect soft boiled eggs without a pot of water
- Bowl for the ice bath
- Ice cube tray for making ice cubes used in the ice bath
Ingredient Additions & Substitutions For Soft Boiled Eggs In Air Fryer
I personally like my air fryer soft boiled eggs as is, but you can always enhance their taste with some salt. This Kosher salt even has 53% less sodium compared to table salt.
Everything Bagel seasoning
Soft-boiled air fryer eggs are perfect with Everything Bagel seasoning. More than the savory taste it adds, you’ll enjoy the crunch from the seasoning on the soft boiled eggs.
I usually enjoy soy sauce with poached eggs, but the creamy consistency of the yolks in this 10-minute air fryer recipe is also delicious with it. The savory pairing is best with hot rice!
How to Make Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- 5 eggs, depending on the size of your air fryer
- Ice cubes for the ice bath
- Cold water for the ice bath
Tools you need:
STEP 1: Gather the eggs for your air fryer soft boiled eggs. The number of eggs you can cook will depend on the size of your air fryer.
STEP 2: Preheat the air fryer to 300°F or lower (270°F to 275°F.)
STEP 3: Place the eggs in the air fryer basket, making sure there’s some space between them.
STEP 4: Close the air fryer lid and cook the eggs for 10 minutes. You may need to adjust the cooking time between 9 to 11 minutes, depending on the air fryer strength and the sizes of the eggs.
STEP 5: Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath with a bowl of ice cubes filled with water.
STEP 6: Set the soft-boiled eggs in the ice bath until they cool down, usually up to 5 minutes. This ice bath technique will make them easier to peel.
STEP 7: Roll each egg along the table surface to form cracks. Peel carefully, and enjoy your perfect soft boiled eggs using the air fryer!
What To Serve With Soft Boiled Air Fryer Eggs
Start your day on a high note by serving these perfectly-cooked soft boiled eggs with crunchy toast and some bacon slices on the side.
You can also eat these air fryer soft boiled eggs any time of the day with your favorite seasonings and condiments.
For a healthy and filling meal, the creamy yolks of these air fryer soft boiled eggs will be delicious with stir-fried asparagus and pan-seared salmon!
But because you’re already trying a different way to make soft boiled eggs, why not whip up some classic breakfast items that are taken to the next level? Here are some you might like that will also pair well with soft boiled eggs:
Tips About Making Soft Boiled Eggs In Air Fryer
It’s impossible to ruin these air fryer soft boiled eggs. However, here are some additional tips I’d like you to remember to make the most of this air fryer hack:
- Because of how the heat is distributed inside the air fryer, arrange your eggs in the air fryer basket with some space between them to ensure even cooking.
- The air fryer strength and egg size can affect the best time and temperature to cook boiled eggs perfectly. Start with two eggs at a time until you discover the best air fryer setting to achieve the yolk consistency you like for your soft boiled eggs.
- After cooking, put the eggs in the ice bath. This method will make them easier to peel because the cooler temperature releases the egg white from the shell.
How To Store Soft Boiled Air Fryer Eggs
Because of their soft consistency, there are some limitations in storing soft boiled eggs. Here are some practices you can do to extend their shelf life:
- Fridge: Do not peel your soft boiled eggs if you don’t plan on eating them yet. Allow them to come to room temperature and store them in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer: I recommend not freezing soft boiled eggs because the consistency after thawing will just turn you off. Save yourself from watery egg whites, yuck.
- Reheating: Bring water to a simmer over the stove and heat your soft boiled air fryer eggs for one minute to avoid overcooking them.
Do Boiled Eggs In Air Fryer Taste Good?
Soft boiled air fryer eggs taste good because you can find the specific time and perfect temperature to achieve the yolk consistency you like. Remember to take note of your air fryer cook times for runny, jammy, or creamy egg yolks.
Why Are My Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs So Hard To Peel?
Air fryer boiled eggs can be difficult to peel, especially when you cook them at a high temperature. The egg white adheres to the shell tightly, so the best way to peel boiled eggs is by submerging them in an iced water bath immediately.
The cooler temperature contracts the egg, releasing it from its shell. I also have an easier time peeling my eggs if I roll them over the table first to get the sides to crack.
But if you like your soft boiled eggs really runny and peeling them would just be a headache, you can just slice off the top of the egg. Then, scoop out the delicious interior with a spoon or dip toast strips in it. Yum!
FAQ About Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
How long to boil eggs in air fryer?
Boil the eggs in the air fryer for 9 to 11 minutes, depending on your preferred doneness. Soft boiled eggs with jammy yolks typically cook for 10 minutes.
What temp for hard boiled eggs in air fryer?
Between 270°F to 275°F is the sweet spot for perfectly boiled air fryer eggs. Just remember never to go over 300°F, or the eggs might burn.
How many eggs can I cook in the air fryer at once?
The air fryer capacity and size of eggs will determine how many eggs you can cook at once. Most units can boil between 4 to 5 eggs.
- Gather the eggs for your air fryer soft boiled eggs. The number of eggs you can cook will depend on the size of your air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 300°F or lower (270°F to 275°F.)
- Place the eggs in the air fryer basket, making sure there’s some space between them.
- Close the air fryer lid and cook the eggs for 10 minutes. You may need to adjust the cooking time between 9 to 11 minutes, depending on the air fryer strength and the sizes of the eggs.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath with a bowl of ice cubes filled with water.
- Set the soft boiled eggs in the ice bath until they cool down, usually up to 5 minutes. This ice bath technique will make them easier to peel.
- Roll each egg along the table surface to form cracks. Peel carefully, and enjoy your perfect soft boiled eggs using the air fryer!
- There should be some space between each egg in the air fryer to ensure even cooking. It would also help not to overfill the air fryer basket with eggs.
- Experiment with the temperature and cooking duration to get the perfect soft boiled eggs in the air fryer. Start with two eggs at a time until you discover the temperature and time for your preferred boiled egg consistency.
- Soaking the eggs in an ice bath makes them easier to peel!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Boiling eggs might not be the first thing you’ll think of making in the air fryer, but once you tried these air fryer soft boiled eggs, you wouldn’t be returning to the stovetop method anytime soon.
In just 10 minutes, you’ll get perfectly-cooked soft boiled eggs with jammy yolks!
You can also experiment to find the perfect time and temperature for runny or creamy yolks.
And for easier peeling, submerge the eggs in an ice bath and roll them over a hard surface to release the egg white from the shell and form cracks outside the egg.
If you liked this easy hack, here are some trending TikTok recipes you’ll love. These recipes take chicken, ramen, pasta, and cookies to the next level but with less effort to make them: