Monday, October 10, 2011
soooo…Food Blog Forum Nashville was this past weekend, and i pretty much had the greatest time ever. for realsies!
i met so many amazing people, re-connected with long-distant friends and learned a lot about blogging.
i also got to wear tights and dresses and cardigans and soak up the beautiful autumn weather in Nashville for three glorious days! now that i’ve had a taste of the actual season and not the faux-fall we get here in Florida, i’m in love. i’m in love! and i don’t care who knows it!
Monday, October 10, 2011
Starbucks prize pack giveaway winner…take two.
well aren’t you all just a bunch of lucky ducks!
sadly, the original winner of the Starbucks prize pack never contacted me to claim their prize. so that means everyone got an extra chance to win! hooray!
let’s find out who our new winner is. drumroll please…
ooooh…number 38! who are you?
Congratulations, Stephanie! I’m so glad you loved the pumpkin spice syrup, and I’m even happier than you’re our winner!
please contact me through e-mail (foodpluswords [at] gmail [dot] com) or the contact form on this site with your full name, e-mail address and physical address so you can receive your Starbucks prize pack!
if the winner doesn’t contact me by Wednesday, October 12th by 12pm EST, i will draw a new winner.
thank you so much to everyone who entered, and a gigantic thank you to Starbucks!
Monday, October 10, 2011
dearhearts, i cannot even begin to tell you how busy i’ve been lately.
between traveling, school, and wedding/honeymoon planning, i’ve been spread a little thin. sadly, this means i’m not posting as frequently as i’d like to, but i’m working hard to play catch-up so i can share more delicious recipes with you soon. very soon. like, probably this afternoon.
would it make you feel better if i did a giveaway for a fabulous prize? yes, it would? okay, great!
i’m SO excited to be working with Le Creuset, and today i’m giving away an absolutely beautiful Le Creuset Revolution silicone spatula set with a matching stoneware utensil crock. oh yeah.
so i’m not sure if i’ve shared with this you guys before, but i am completely, wholly, 100% obsessed with spatulas. i must own about 30 different shapes, sizes and varieties. i know, it’s a really weird addiction, but i use spatulas for everything. no joke. about 90% of the things that food and baked goods that come out of my kitchen are made using just a spatula.
if a kitchen thief were to sneak into my house in the middle of the night and take all of my utensils, the first replacement item i’d buy would definitely be a spatula. also, i really hope kitchen thieves don’t exist. they sound like jerks.
i know it’s a little weird to espouse the virtues of spatulas, but you can’t help what you love, right? they’re just so versatile!
ever since these Le Creuset spatulas showed up, they’re literally the only ones i use. no joke. these bad boys are amazing! these are utensils that are truly built to last, which is more than i can say for the 30+ cheapo spatulas now sitting unused in my kitchen drawer!
so, i bet you want to win this incredible silicone spatula set with a gorgeous matching stoneware crock, huh? okay, let’s do it!
how to enter
it’s super simple! leave a comment telling me what Le Creuset product you’d absolutely love to have in your home! Just pop over to Le Creuset’s site and
look at all the pretty shiny things let me know what product you think is the dreamiest. please be specific! for example, instead of saying “French oven,” say “3 1/2 quart oval French oven in Fennel!”
what’s up for grabs?
goodness gracious, a whole mess of spatulas and a pretty crock!
also, the winner will get to pick their color! Flame, Cherry, Cobalt and White are available!
inside the beautiful one quart stoneware utensil crock are the following utensils:
- a jar scraper with a narrow blade for scraping every last bit of deliciousness out of jars and cans! i am super obsessed with this one!
- a small spatula for mixing up small batches of batters and scrambling eggs!
- a medium spatula, which is really perfect for folding, mixing, and sauteeing!
- a spatula spoon, which is really strong! i use this all the time as a serving utensil, and also when i’m sauteeing and making pan gravies and rouxs!
- a basting brush, which is perfect for brushing sauces onto meats or applying syrups or glazes to baked goods!
all of the spatulas are silicone, which means they’re safe to use on all of your cookware, and are heat resistant and dishwasher safe…if you’re one of those lucky people that has a dishwasher! if you are, i am so jealous of you.
also, the handles are made of wood and are really comfortable to hold. the utensils feel great in your hands, and there’s even grips notched into the wood so they don’t slip out of your hands. love it!
the giveaway will be open from 12:30 pm EST on Monday, October 10th, 2011 and will close on Sunday, October 16th, 2011 at 8pm EST. i’ll use Random.org to choose a winner, and i will announce the winner on my blog, on Twitter and on Facebook on Monday, October 17th, 2011 at 12pm EST.
the winner will have 48 hours to contact me through e-mail (foodpluswords [at] gmail [dot] com) or the contact form on this site with their full name, e-mail address and physical address so they can receive their Le Creuset Revolution Spatula Set. if the winner doesn’t contact me by Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 by 10am EST, i will draw a new winner.
want extra entries?
- follow @foodpluswords on Twitter, and leave a comment saying “i follow @foodpluswords on Twitter!” with your Twitter handle!
- follow @LeCreuset on Twitter, and and leave a comment saying “i follow @LeCreuset on Twitter!” with your Twitter handle!
- tweet about this giveaway, and leave the link to your tweet in a comment! you can use this sample tweet:food + words is giving away an awesome @LeCreuset Spatula Set! enter to win here: http://bit.ly/qi4shs via @foodpluswords #giveaway
- become a fan of food + words on Facebook, and leave a comment saying “i like food + words on Facebook!” and write your first name and last initial in the comment!
- become a fan of Le Creuset on Facebook, and leave a comment saying “i like Le Creuset on Facebook!” and write your first name and last initial in the comment!
- click the “like” button at the bottom of this giveaway post and leave a comment with your first name and last initial!
- subscribe to the food + words via RSS feed or e-mail!
be sure to leave a separate comment for each extra entry opportunity!
good luck, loves! i’ll be back later this afternoon with something delicious for you!
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
i’m going to keep this post short and sweet, because i’m feeling pretty awful.
as much as i love the onset of autumn, i totally forgot that i always seem to get sick around this time of year. as soon as the weather turns lovely and slightly cool, i’m stuck indoors with a monstrous case of the sniffles.
it’s cruel and unusual punishment. i want to be frolicking outside, not curled up on the couch with a box of tissues and a plethora of cold medicine.
i know, i’m a little bitter. sorry. it’s totally the grumpy sickness talking.
Monday, October 3, 2011
yes, you read that correctly: caramel cider vinaigrette.
and yes, it’s insanely, completely and totally delicious!
October is here, and fall is in full-swing. we’re actually having some lovely weather here in Florida…i’m totally shocked. we were able to open the windows last night and let the autumn breeze sweep through the house. i’m in love with fall.