moisturizing orange face mask.

Hey, pretty face!

If you’re anything like me, you are a fan of having clear skin. Clear skin = happy skin = happy me.

You’re probably wondering why I’m talking about skin and your face. After all, this is a food blog, right?

I know some stuff, dudes. Today we’re talking about food for your face!

I’m really into making things from scratch. A few years ago, I got tired of spending tons of money on beauty products Most of them never really did what they were supposed to, or they made my skin/hair freak out and hate me. The ones that did work were crazy expensive, and all of them were loaded with chemicals, plastics, preservatives, carcinogens and other terrifying things.

Since your skin is your body’s largest organ (sorry, boys), what you put on it is as important as what you put into it, right?

I’ve been making my own homemade masks, exfoliants, face scrubs, hair masks, body polishes and the like since then, and I’ve decided to launch a new section on the site devoted to homemade natural beauty products. Recipes for your face! And your body! And your hair! Yeah!

Anyhow, this orange face mask is amaaaazing for adding moisture and radiance to your face. You know how winter can be a real jerk, making your skin all dry and flaky and whatnot? Well, consider this mask winter’s worst enemy. All you need are a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, too!

Freshly squeezed orange juice is packed full of zinc and antioxidants, which your face loves a whole lot. Oatmeal and dried orange peel are excellent for gently exfoliating the dead skin cells from your face. Honey is naturally antibacterial and is wonderfully cleansing, and also is good for tightening your skin. I’ve been washing my face with it for years!  And yogurt? Yogurt is SO good for your face, guys! It moisturizes, reduces the size of your pores, and even helps with break-outs.

Plus, if some of this mask accidentally drips into your mouth, you can totally just eat it. It’s delish! I speak from experience.

moisturizing orange face mask

Prep Time: 3 minutes

1/2 cup steel-cut oatmeal (you can substitute instant unflavored oatmeal)
juice from 1 whole orange
3 tablespoons plain yogurt with active cultures (greek yogurt is great for this!)
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons dried orange peel (found in the spice aisle of most grocery stores)

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.

Stir until well-mixed and combined. You're looking for a consistency that is thick, but not too runny so it will stay on your face. You can always add extra oatmeal to thicken.

Spread onto your freshly washed and dried face in an even layer, being careful to avoid the eye area. Leave on for 15-30 minutes.

Rinse this mask off with warm water.

Store any leftover mask in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.

a food + words original

Pin It

86 Responses to “moisturizing orange face mask.”

1. #
    Yahaira — December 14, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Tried it this morning; My face feels amazing!!
    Absolutely love it!

2. #
    Chloe — January 21, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Hi, this looks great! Thanks for sharing your recipe :) was wondering if I can subsitute the dried orange peel for fresh orange zest?

3. #
    Gin — January 23, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I saw this post a few minutes ago, made it and now it’s all over my face as I am writing this comment. I have very sensitive skin and it’s hard for me to find a good moisturizer. This mask smells wonderful and I feels cool on your skin. I am hoping this will help my skin during this harsh winter months. I am also planning on putting it all over my body tonight while I’m doing my bedtime ritual. Thanks for sharing this post.

4. #
    Viviana — May 27, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Would you recommend this an everyday treatment

5. #
    Rueben — June 10, 2014 at 9:22 am

Hello everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this web page, and post is actually fruitful
    for me, keepp up posting these types of articles.

6. #
    Karen — August 3, 2014 at 11:40 pm

I just wondered if you mean uncooked oats or do you actually make oatmeal and use it?

7. #
    Jack — August 21, 2014 at 12:24 am

Great! This seems to be perfect for every problem on my face at the moment, super dry & bad breakouts. Can’t wait to try this one, thanks!

8. #
    louboutin femme insolite inde — October 3, 2014 at 10:45 pm

MMS assessed the environmental impact of drilling in the western and central Gulf of Mexico on three occasions in 2007 and in each case, played down the prospect of a major blowout. In one assessment, the agency estimated that “a large oil spill” from a platform would not exceed a total of 1,500 barrels

9. #
    preeti — December 10, 2014 at 9:56 am

thaaaaannnnk you sooo much for sharing !!!!!!…u are absolutely loooved and adored!!!!!

10. #
    oatmeal face mask recipes — February 24, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Hi colleagues, its impressive paragraph on the topic
    of teachingand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

11. #
    my pham — June 23, 2015 at 9:26 pm

I had to follow and very effective , thank you

12. #
    Karly — July 31, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Hi, I was wondering how necessary are dried orange slices to the recipe? My local food store does not have them.

13. #

My grand father every time used to watch YouTube comic video lessons, hehehehehe, since he needs to be delighted forever food words » moisturizing orange face mask. .
    USA Tobacco Marlboro Red Regular Cigarettes Website 1 Carton

14. #
    crissy — February 5, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Am going to have a go at this looks great.I love the smell of oranges.
    I am going to treat my clients to this as part of my facials treatment

15. #
    bo ca cao — May 10, 2016 at 2:04 am

I had to follow and very effective , thank you

16. #
    Brightfeather — May 29, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Can you leave out dried orange peels?

17. #
    gelatin là gì — August 1, 2016 at 9:57 pm

I had to follow and very effective , thank you

18. #
    mua bơ đậu phộng — August 1, 2016 at 9:58 pm

19. #
    bán bơ đậu phộng — August 1, 2016 at 9:58 pm

20. #
    Thang nhôm Poongsan — August 26, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Cái này hay đó bạn, mua thang poongsan tại cửa hàng mình nha

21. #
    Điện máy — September 11, 2016 at 3:35 am

Mua hàng ngay nhé

1. Pingback: Moisturizing Orange Face Mask | Inspire Beauty Tips

2. Pingback: Natural Home-Made Face Mask | Fashion is a Girl's First Love

3. Pingback: DIY Moisturizers for Dry Winter Skin and Hair | Just a Thought

4. Pingback: 21 DIYs For Winter Skin Care | DI1

5. Pingback: Homemade Face Masks for Beauty Product Addicts. | World of the Starry Eyed

6. Pingback: DIY Weekend: Homemade beauty products | CREAGIRL.COM

7. Pingback: DIY Moisturizing Orange Face Mask |Sustainable Products | Planet Forward Sustainable products

8. Pingback: DIY Moisturizing Orange Face Mask | Ethical Green StoreEthical Green Store

9. Pingback: 5 Great Do It Yourself Beauty Tips! |

10. Pingback: The 3 Best (and Yummiest) Homemade Face Masks - Off Duty Beauty | Off Duty Beauty

11. Pingback: Breakfast For Your Skin! Top Morning Face Masks | City Cosmetics Blog

12. Pingback: رطبي بشرتك بماسك الدقيق والبرتقال | حديث العالم

13. Pingback: 5 Great Do It Yourself Beauty Tips!

14. Pingback: DIY Facial Masks for Summer - Off Duty Beauty | Off Duty Beauty